Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: slave to my cravings)

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

i created the frasier thread its only right that i kill the frasier thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

i have a couple of the shirts. the blockbuster one and the tokyo Frasier one

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i came to ask if the show has been better since stav left

i stopped listening some time last year bc the show was just kinda lovely and stavs whining about having to do the show got progressively more frequent, which was annoying to me in the context of me not having any money irl thanks to covid so i was like ill just not listen instead of posting about it angrily. i catch the youtube highlights mostly

but the nick/adam episodes were always good

also i regret not buying the benoit bowflex shirt

it's the best it's been since like, idk pre-COVID at least, if not earlier. it's the most high effort since 2017-18 for sure. it's very good right now. seems like stav really was just a huge loving drag

its seeming like the studio and video poo poo is for real and not just a bit too, so that's exciting. silly on it's face as TAFS is it's honestly the pivot that makes the most sense. rebrand as something you can actually advertise that doesn't have Cum in the name, then build off what you already have and use it do whatever else you want to do in comedy. do sketches, film your own specials, whatever

don't just blow it all up and go back to being a road comic or whatever the plan was before

nick as writer/producer/dj on a show with Adam as his kind of puppeteered host is such a hilarious and perfect role for him too. it's kind of a brilliant idea, and if it bombs and they lose all their money and it's such a funny way to do it

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

SaberToothedPie posted:

they actually wrote jokes in advance which means its probably the most effort its ever been.

true, I guess most high energy since 2018 would've been more accurate. the most fully awake and On Nick has sounded for full, consecutive episodes

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

BrownPepper posted:

Thanks guys- this poo poo is very funny. Heard the bit about Sebastian wanting to gently caress Ariel and am trying to catch up on greatest hits.

Edit: i spelled the liitle mermaid's name wrong

ever since the vietcong kind of hosed up the ease of finding the classic bits on YT i keep meaning to put together a classic playlist and host it somewhere off YT, idk maybe dailymotion or some dumb poo poo

its at the bottom of my to do list but im gonna do it

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

im torn on the one hand I don't really give a gently caress about stav on the other hand its kind of fun and feels like the fanbase's logical next step for us to have an ex-cohost who we all poo poo on now. like that's part of the growing process, it seems disingenuous to ignore it

in truth we follow our host and friend, Adam Friedland, so whatever he says I'll go with

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

bop bop perano posted:

i think it's weird that everyone's suddenly making GBS threads on him as if they always hated him, but never said anything while he was on the show, so for that reason i think it's stupid. however, i do encourage everyone to report on what nick passive aggressively says about him in each episode.

i mean I think before everybody assumed they all hated the show and were tired of doing it, so nobody really blamed stav in particular for being a drag. but obviously when the one guy leaves and the new show is dramatically better and it seems like the problem was actually just him it's going to color peoples perspective

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

shane and Nick is the collaboration are my two favorite dudes in comedy right now, if they can fully combine their powers on a project whatever it is will be incredible

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

maxe posted:

that MSSP x TAFS episode edited out a bunch of references to what the studio friedland show will be ripping off, im assuming the eric andre show? if so good

gotta be that or mad TV

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

shane is pretty smart but yeah he just loves his dad alot. matt might be one of the dumbest people I've ever listened to on a podcast

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

actually, I'm taking a head count now and I think every Matt I've ever known personally were the dumbest people I've met. there's one Trey in there, but the rest of the bottom like 5 are probably Matts

matts are just dumb guys

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku4CpCx1tO4

one of my faves

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

shane yelling THATS A LOAD OF CRAP. THATS A LOAD OF CRAP is what always gets me

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

they would've just had him playing dumb maga chud caricature punching bag in various costumes

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

papa horny michael posted:

He would've played trump. His impression genuinely surprised me with how good it is

he's got the best trump impression around, i don't think they would've let him do it though. they don't let their cast members do poo poo anymore, they bring in celebrity cameos for everything

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

ben shapino posted:

i thought this was the thread to discuss the adam friedland show and possibly its precursor "cum town" what's all this loving bullshit

it's TAFS/cumtown EU content. DLC

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

lmao that Jim and Sam appearance was prime. nick really is just deep in the zone right now. also very funny to immediately revert to bullying Adam

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

yeah nick was always nice to adam when it was just the two of them, he just reverts to bullying him and adam reverts to playing up his subservient incompetence to comical levels when there's more people, particularly louder comics in the dynamic. like on jim and sam they pretty quickly went into the old dynamic of adam basically throwing lobs for everybody to dunk on him. they have a really good chemistry with one another where they switch it on and off and nick is right that adam does have just an unflappable constitution to be able to prostrate himself completely on a dime for comedic sake. and obviously that they're best friends irl helps, you can tell they really love each other

it was very funny on matt and shane to see shane's pathological bully instincts just chomping at the bit to go at adam but him being not exactly sure if it fit with the new "Adam's the Star" bit the boys were trying to do with TAFS, and it ended up with adam kind of bullying shane lmao

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

whoever stav pays to do his algorithm poo poo is definitely good at their job. not only does searching cumtown result in the top poo poo being a million clips of stav standup and stav on other podcasts, but even searching like, "nick mullen" gets you the same thing

very dishonorable

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Automata 10 Pack posted:

The new Nick standup bits that I’ve been seeing on YouTube are a lot better than his old ones.

he's absolutely in the zone since stav left

i bought tickets to see him in nashville, i fully expect the show to get cancelled but i figure what the hell, it's the furthest south i can see him going anytime soon

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

KoRMaK posted:

have you considered it's not ease but motivation.

yeah stav doesn't have any of that though

and honestly if he thought cumtown fans were bad, he is not prepared for like, a non-cumtown fanbase

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

yeah like in terms of fanbases cumtown is probably on average pretty easy to deal with relative to most. like your worst fringe cases are the really pathetic openly parasocial dweebs and the outright nazis, and those don't make up that much of the fanbase compared to your average internet thing where they usually make up collectively like, the whole group.

stav is going to get wrecked by an audience that doesn't even bother keeping up any pretense of ironic distance about their interactions with him

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

i unironically have been considering getting back into christianity really performatively hard but like, as a bit

i just think it'd be fun to see what's going on in church these days

every time i suggest it to my jewish girlfriend though she refuses to participate

i'm going to get her though, i'm taking the tact of reminding her that she'll regret it when me and our children get to go to heaven and she has to go to jewish hell

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

nah I'm not talking catholic fellas I grew up southern Baptist. thats what I'm trying to get back to

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

you don't though you just take a bath and you're good basically

edit: oh you mean catholics yeah those guys are morons

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

Regardless of denomination getting up and getting dressed for church on Sundays completely fucken sucks

to be honest that's probably the biggest thing that will keep me from ever actually following through on the bit. i could barely manage it growing up there's no way I could do it now. maybe I'll just do what everybody else does and make my kids go since they'll be awake/waking me up anyway. pretend I've been going all along. that's the move

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

at the exponential rate they're improving in production quality this will be the best show of all time by the end of the year

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

Jesus gently caress If this is true Adam and stav got loving fleeced I would 100% leave like stav did at the first opportunity

I would be loving furious if 10% of my money went to a bipolar insane person who’s can hit the ‘record’ button on audacity.

lol why would stav and Adam ever get an even split with Nick. aside from the obvious point that he was basically the whole show and stav could literally be replaced by a soundboard, Nick did all the editing, uploading, business poo poo, handled the sponsors, trips, everything. all stav and Adam did was show up for 2 hours a week

edit: like lmao for real, you'd 100% leave 25k/month for 2 hrs of sitting and talking about lunch a week. you'd be fuckin furious

Mandrel fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Aug 10, 2022

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

in retrospect it's funny how much people would dog Adam in comments sections like they could do his job, as though they could ever have the pure strength of will it requires to maintain that feckless loser character, taking abuse for years on end, showing up every week and putting in the work

if anything it's stav who basically any of us could do his job. just hang out, call stuff gay, get fatter, laugh at Nick. ive been doing that for free basically already

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

nick probably is a millionaire, but having like 1, 1.5 mil isn't enough to be "rich" living in new york doing nothing unless he wants to continue living in a chinese family's closet forever

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFwzA-MSCLo

lol this just popped up on my youtube feed

well i didn't even think hasan had anything to do with this but now i do

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Jordan is very funny bust is just gay

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

look i have more than a few close trans friends and all i'm saying is: there's a link

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Automata 10 Pack posted:

I’m pro Hassan because the left desperately needs meatheads who actually get pussy.

I mean same, i don't watch his poo poo and think it sucks but I don't think he shouldn't exist or something. and on the net I'd rather have another useless guy like him than yet another academic dweeb nobody can stand

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

im more of a balls man myself

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

ben shapino posted:

Lol as if a bunch of the current generation hasn't already forgotten or never realized it yet

the day you realize the truth, that racism is just funny, is the day your mind truly becomes free

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Rosebud seems cool but yeah it makes sense she writes for snl

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

this story was absolutely ridiculous and i nearly had to stop my car because i was laughing so hard.

picturing him on rollerblades for 6 hours on 9/11 was too good

i was in my kitchen listening and was like, doubled over. just picturing the sweaty look of intensity he must've had on his face and in his eyes

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Hubie Halloween is actually very good

like it holds up with his 90s early 00s stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Cael posted:

I'm really interested in how next month goes. Because it seems like they hit their ceiling at least in part

July month was just insane with everyone celebrating a bright Stav-less future, August was climbing like crazy but seems like halfway through it hit an asymptote. The weird bump at the end of the month (before the predictable 1st of the month drop) probably means whenever they actually release one of the "high effort" videos they'll get newer people willing to donate. It's definitely gonna get weirder / less predictable I feel like.

And yes, I'm gay for liking graphs/statistics this much

i think in general nicks got to get off the road and go back to promoting the show on other podcasts and working on it full time