Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: slave to my cravings)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ben shapino posted:

yeah that wasnt very good. also adam is a funny guy but he just grinds things to a halt constantly lol

Sincere post in the not cumtown thread. Nick is obviously very funny and probably the main reason people listen, Adam is also really funny, but they basically need a Stav to keep up the energy. Stav was the least funny of any of them, but his energy really kind of ramped up everything and also served as a "stop" function when a bit wasn't working.

I don't think they need Stav, but they need to figure the dynamic out more because the average ep of TAFS is about 1/4th as funny as cumtown. The show hinges way too much on the guests being able to keep pace right now and most of them can't. And if there is no guest both Nick and Adam will keep doing a bit for 10 minutes that should have lasted 30 seconds.

I'm sure if they have the Chapo guys, Ian or whatever on it'll still be great, but they really need a replacement stav or something. Just someone who knows when to laugh and groan at the right times.

I'm not hating or anything. It's still good and I'm still gonna listen but it's pretty obvious they are still figuring out what the hell they are going to do with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sam Morril has been on Cumtown right? I think that's where I remember his name from at least. His Netflix special loving slaps.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

bop bop perano posted:

Yeah he has, it wasn’t that great but I also just don’t find him funny, but I mean it wasn’t a particularly memorable episode either way

Really? I think he’s hilarious. His Netflix special was one of the best I’ve seen on there.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I watch and like Channel 5 and AGNB, but for a while have thought it's fans were a demented cult of teenagers that think Andrew Callaghan is some is some sort of groundbreaking genius journalist for doing Jaywalking zoomer edition, so it was kind of cathartic listening to Nick and Adam just go balls out on it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You gotta really suck to make me sympathetic to Anthony Cumia tossing around slurs, but that guy somehow manages to pull it off.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

https://twitter.com/numetal_moment/status/1641225682360619008?s=20

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That NDT episode was so good. Was actually shocked it was him and not Nick doing an impression lol.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really don't know anything about the 1979, but I do remember thinking "this guy is way too famous to be participating this much in cumtown" while listening to that episode. It's gone so much further than I ever imagined lol.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This Rick Glassman guy loving sucks

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The rick glassman episode was the first time I turned it off half way through in the 5 years I’ve been listening.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've never seen an art show with a cover charge before lol. 20 dollars to see some 7th graders edgy drawings

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I am honestly shocked at how good their YouTube show is getting.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The episode from last week with "MLK jr would have given me pussy" was the funniest episode of the podcast in a while. There was like a 20 minute stretch where I couldn't stop laughing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sunk Dunk posted:

hit me with a link+timestamp big playa

Episode really just pops off at 14:00 and stays hilarious af the whole time. Slow pitching, old timey singing, MLK @ jan6, Nick destroying Adam's world by telling he can't use sky lounge anymore...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hN8umG22gU&t=845s

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It be hilarious if he turned into an alt right dude during his absence.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why the hell is the cussing bleeped on the Audio podcast all of a sudden

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol at adams dad telling him he is wasting his talent by not pursuing a rap career.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

oh my god

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's kind of impressive they were able to fit like 4 layers of racism into a minute long commercial.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I watched this and now YT is recommending this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihNMve-fxmg

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Th best guest was Logo

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

the milk machine posted:

i saw this randomly earlier and thought of this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxPjYSay9g0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5i6BHBuqxE

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The_Rob posted:

I was surprised Steve o was just adding nothing. I e heard him on his and other podcasts and he always seems pretty game to gently caress around, but he seemed so uncomfortable and I’m not really sure why.

Tbf both Nick and Adam interrupt him literally every time he tries to talk about anything.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've mostly been neutral positive on jordan jensen, but I finally got around to watching some of her standup tonight and that poo poo is fuckin fire. She was just in my city last week too I wish I had gone.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just watched Stavs netflix special and every ad was for Mayonnaise lmao

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ElGroucho posted:

Honestly forgot Stavvy has a Netflix special, I feel zero need to watch it

It’s funny as gently caress tbh

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I tried to watch the ian special that might have been 9 minutes of the worst standup I have ever seen before I turned it off.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Jordan’s is actually really loving good but her standup makes me mildly ill lol. She’s like the female Doug Standhope.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

slave to my cravings posted:

Stav’s got some new material

the beard really defines his jawline

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

from last year

he's a treasure

Are these clips from an actual podcast? What's it called? I'm watching this dudes YT channel rn and he's funny as hell

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just listening to stavs podcast. I never knew the first time he brushed his teeth was at 30 lmao

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It just “wasn’t a thing in his family”

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

There's a part in the new Katt Williams special where he stops the show to play a news clip about a blind child who plays football. He's just running in random rear end directions and then katt proceeds to roast him. Just kept thinking "man, nick would love this"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

FishBowlRobot posted:

I haven’t kept up, purposefully, but Tom used to be a very funny standup. Now he may be a kind of funny businessman.

He's still a very funny standup but his podcast is terrible. honestly most comedians suck on podcasts. Even Bill Burr gets boring as poo poo when he's just riffing.