Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

MuffiTuffiWuffi posted:

Hmm I have just come back from dinner and this Minecraft run seems like it's getting walled pretty hard.

e: just as I say that, he found the thing! Hooray!

ee: wait, what is this hitbox mode? Is that a mod or just an ingame setting?

F3+B shows hitboxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Agent355 posted:

Honestly it's just kind of mean to put a game nobody would recognize on a 200k incentive.

If it at least said something like 'crazy rhythm game showcase' it'd stand a better chance but who the gently caress knows what 'sound voltex exceed gear' even is.

Until a couple hours ago I thought it was another megaman fangame.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Barudak posted:

Look, any run can be good at any length.

Except a speed run of an MMO because its longer than a week.

I'm sure I could get this under 24 hours if I did any kind of routing at all.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

The tldr of it is there's a series of increasingly fast modifications loaded in ending with being able to read in controller input from 3 ports 8 times per frame. What really got me was the CRC system they came up with to keep it theoretically human-executable. I've also seen SRM explained before but didn't really understand it until after watching that video.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Bremen posted:

I think the confusion over the Ocarina of Time team lying or not was they kept saying "I just want to remind everyone this is an unmodified cartridge being played on an unmodified N64." A very standard way to read that is "we're not changing anything, and this scene where we're winning a race with the running man is on the cart" but how they really meant it was "we hadn't modified anything before turning the game on." That had me confused during the run, and I only realized it wasn't the way they meant it when I rewatched it.

What they said was exactly what they meant and it was only confusing because people are used to those words meaning something else; I doubt the confusion was intentional on their part.

I think it was mostly an inaccuracy of terminology. They didn't modify the ROM on the cartridge, e.g. "hardware", because it's read-only and you can't do that. But they did modify the software and data in RAM through ACE. I think the one almost-throwaway line towards the end of "this is stock but with a lot of glitches" is a better explanation that they should've used early and often, along with a very brief "we are using these glitches to rewrite ram through the controller ports" which explains everything while still being concise. This isn't the first time TASblock has suffered from poor communication and it's something I really hope they can improve on in the future.