Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

Cernunnos posted:

LIVE CROWD NOISES

I was not expecting to get this choked up hearing a bunch of nerds chatting before the show begins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008
Forcing people to do bits even on their day off, smh.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

TeaJay posted:

It's also probably why the event is lighter audience-wise too, like SexRex wrote. I'd imagine a lot of people simply don't want to exposure to Covid at this point. It'll still take a while until things normalize (and IMO that's why it's good to keep the remote runs in)

From what I'd heard they actually capped attendance at some number that was like half or less of what the last live event was. Which makes a fair bit of sense if you're trying to minimize exposure chances.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

it will be close but it will very likely be met, bonus games have very rarely (never?) been missed

Yeah there's gonna be some a lot of stalling around the recap segment.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

Photex posted:

did they just flip the incentive, Silent Hill is now up next lolol

GDQ has many secret techs for stalling for time.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008
Next bonus game went up (Halo Infinite for $77,777.77) so they either recalculated the bonus game incentives on the fly or seriously miscalculated how much FNAF crossover fandom there was.

Either way, hopefully tomorrow's bonus won't be so much of a death march.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008
Y'know, it's a little low-key after Enigma's run but I'm kinda grooving on the sarcasm. All of that delicious ~L O R E~

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008
Right on the loving wire!

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008
This is now a Dream% run.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

It is amazing that many, many people thought this was the future of gaming for years and spent millions trying to make it happen

Something something Star Citizen joke goes here.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

Grondoth posted:

Yeah, the numbers are still higher than anything other than AGDQ22. I imagine they expected they could set the incentives pretty high because of last time.

I suppose a literal war that upended the whole world has a little bit of an impact, but it's not like this isn't bringing in donations.

I get the sense that they set the big incentives ~10-25% higher each year. Or at least that's what looking at incentives from the last couple of years makes it look like. Also there's things where they clearly misjudged interest like FNAF.

Also 1 million, impressive.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

when the schedule was first posted Elden Ring was scheduled for like 1 AM local time (central) so the delays weren't into the five hour ranges like some people are saying but it was definitely a couple hours. It's back to being roughly "on time" though now.

At one point earlier today if you looked at https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/runs/SGDQ2022 the closing ceremony was around/after sunrise on Sunday morning. They've definitely chopped a few hours off since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

Mukaikubo posted:

I usually hate "lol we used ace to build a game inside the game dawg" runs but this is amazing, imagine being so joyless you think this is an insult to the marathon

I'm sorry, you may not have noticed but this is SomethingAwful.com, what were you expecting?

And yeah, that was wonderful. Triforce% is going to be legendary.