Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Thursday (EU time)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Just wait until the part where Ronald McDonald kills Colonel Sanders.

I recently found out that a Cool Spot game (7UP mascot in the nineties) for the Game Boy was actually a changed version of M.C. Kids. The franchise wars of the nineties were ridiculous.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

strictly leather whips, meats and rosaries. kinky stuff

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

:dance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCxcZt9W8eI

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

TeaJay posted:

Are you ready for Harmony of Dissonance, the most saturated Castlevania game in existence

They really took the complaints of not being able to see poo poo in Circle of the Moon to heart (because the original GBA had no backlight).

I'm guessing there were also complaints of the protagonist in that feeling a bit stiff, because Belmont Jr. moves around like a hot knife in an ice level.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I went back to the Link's Awakening race and it was definitely enjoyable. Really close.

I wondered for a while how they were going to deal with the Windfish egg sequence at the end, since it normally requires finishing the entire item trading sequence to be able to read the directions. Turns out they just have a starting save with the seed for a straightforward route.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I doubt this terrible "game" based on a cheesy nineties show is going to do much to put Hulk Hogan in a better spotlight.

Edit:

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jun 30, 2022

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Glorious, glorious early nineties 3D CGI.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Obviously the Major has to remain shirtless.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

screw u cat, u had it comming

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Just a casual 50 step system to go out of bounds to skip this barrier.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Here is something you can't understand
How Link could just kill a man

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2RPDZkY88

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHIo6qwJarI

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Mario is cheating on Peach with Missingno.

Edit: Pretty sure Mario just scalped Wart there.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H81qRuq5lA4

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

This Metroid Dread run isn't very ballin'

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I'd say the entire rhythm block was a bit lengthy for me, but it's definitely worth watching bits of it at least.
Perspective is one of those indie games (actually a title by DigiPen students) that I never heard about and you wonder why, because it was almost mind-blowing. It went too fast for your skull to explode.
The Super Castlevania IV and Link's Awakening races were fun to watch, especially because they were rather close.
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast didn't get as insanely crazy with the trickery as the first Jedi Knight game tends to get, but it still had some amazing stuff and great commentary (remember the reason why it was in French?).
Super Mario World: kaizo relay race was great. Exciting stuff.
The run for Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance was remote and just had the runner doing commentary, but think it was excellent. Might be because SGDQ this year finally inspired me to get around to finishing Symphony of the Night for the first time, and I noticed a lot of references that were lost to me when I played HoD back in the day (even more so than the other Metroidvania titles in the series).
Macbat 64: Journey of a Nice Chap is the hidden gem of this SGDQ.

AHH F/UGH posted:

Like a decade ago when I lived in Japan I taught English to the guy who composed the Daytona USA soundtrack. He's really goofy and speaks decent English.

He is a passionate singer too, even when his English pronunciation was a bit weaker. The game version used an American vocalist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBBFZ-AeKy0&t=25s

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jul 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The "don't call it a world record" thing is listed as note on the video linked on speedrun.com (from the end of March) and it appears as a stream element when he finishes the run. How bizarre.
https://www.speedrun.com/mgrr/run/z0ovjnjz

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jul 6, 2022