Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Flesnolk posted:

It's pretty cool that they're over 10K before the first run even starts

20k now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

I kind of miss the couch but the setup is pretty nice this year

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Chucat posted:

I miss when the block was bizarre (old) jankpiles to be honest.

Something about "They made a game based on Hunt for Red October where the first boss is a naval mine 20 times your size." feels more hilarious to me than a game trying to be funny.

Yeah bring back something like TRAG where it's die hard but it turns out the skyscraper is underwater and with anime poo poo??

Or that one Titanic sidescroller beat em up

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

The main actual complaint about this pokemon run is that GDQ is so far behind that they had to axe some other interesting runs and this one seems redundant because there was another 4h pokerun a couple days ago.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

please swoop in to neet ice mayhem yetee we need it

Its hit

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah WR for randomizers is more trivia and less something people are actually trying to progress on -- that's why the scene is based more around races.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

SeXReX posted:

The real problem is the gdq audience needs like, a little bit of Rando sprinkled into the blunt to get the party going but all the Rando players have such a tolerance they need to slam face first into mountains of bullshit on the table like Scarface just to feel anything.

Its true

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

moosferatu posted:

I only watched a fraction of the event, but my highlights were the Mario races (They really need to do more races. They're the most fun to watch.), Stepmania, and mekarazium's speech ("There will be more godless nights"...).

Wait what was this speech?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Beasteh posted:

No because I'm invested in the loving kayfabe are you for real?

The Arwing
Inventory editor
Giant rupee
Beta Great Fairy model
Beta staff roll
The Kokiri boy in the lost woods
The butterfly
Melting the ice in Zora's Domain

The extended orcarina playing as well, right? Also -- what about the fight against the running guy? That seems dumb enough that I can see where it could get slipped in, and his movement patterns were similar to the wizzrobe in MM so I can see that being old legacy code

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

CBD Corndog posted:

The Metal Gear Revengence VOD was taken down because the runner spliced in video for the DLC part.

https://reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/vrrha1/_/iewy4ml/?context=1

That’s gotta be a first for GDQ, right?

That really sucks, he was one of the better runners too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

So the guy had a beef with GDQ getting too formal or something?