Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Flesnolk posted:

I found it kind of incomprehensible

When the ghost shows up and starts loving with you then hunts and kills people it's probably the scariest game I've ever played

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

there we go they missed that incentive by like 2k

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

What an intensely mean-spirited post

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Hell yeah they read my dono

Also I was getting a haircut earlier and telling my hairdresser about the event and cause, and when I went to pay she asked me to put that money toward the event instead, really super nice of her :unsmith: (I donated myself then added extra on top to match hers)

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

And the way that they couched it in 'this is being ran on a stock unmodified OOT cart on a stock unmodified N64' was super disingenuous and misleading! They could have straight up said at the start of the run that they found kokiri boy, butterfly and a different name for odd potion and ran with it to make a goofy fanfic about getting the triforce, and learning the full song of time from Nabooru/beating the running guy, but instead they blurred the line between what was actually beta content and what they made up and on top of that the sheikh going 'o-of c c ourse I'm a boy!' line was frankly gross and weird

Yes the run was absurdly technically impressive but I and I am sure a lot of people came away from that feeling duped

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

do you feel duped when you watch pro wrestling?

No because I'm invested in the loving kayfabe are you for real?

KKKLIP ART posted:

So, I feel a bit daft, which parts were from actual uncovered beta assets?

The Arwing
Inventory editor
Giant rupee
Beta Great Fairy model
Beta staff roll
The Kokiri boy in the lost woods
The butterfly
Melting the ice in Zora's Domain

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jul 4, 2022

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Feldegast42 posted:

The extended orcarina playing as well, right? Also -- what about the fight against the running guy? That seems dumb enough that I can see where it could get slipped in, and his movement patterns were similar to the wizzrobe in MM so I can see that being old legacy code

You could always pitch shift notes with L R and the stick in OOT it was just never required to do for any of the songs

The running guy fight was made up

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Imagine not having a working knowledge of Mips encoding reference lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

The Mario Odyssey Darker Side run was a joy to watch from start to finish, incredible couch, runner, and host, and the movement was insanely consistent

Definitely my must-watch pick