Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Let's go SGDQ

:sanix:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Yetee has a couple shirts I like (Tunic and Phasmophobia at least) but unfortunately nowadays you have to pay so much postal fees and taxes I haven't been able to get 'em ever since Covid started. If by some stroke of luck any fellow finnish viewers want to share costs, gimme a shout here or on Discord.

Otherwise looking forward to it. Working a lot of evenings next week but I'll post during the early EU hours.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Do link the Horaro schedule if there is/will be one, I like it more since it shows where the event is at currently (I know of the restream ones)

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Event has barely started and the timer already broke. We're off to a great event!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Cernunnos posted:

LIVE CROWD NOISES

It's gonna be so weird having a crowd response to runs again.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This is the time where basically my second monitor is reserved for the stream for the whole week and I have to make do with other stuff on my main monitor.

If you want to play bingo, here's a generator that Hempuli made:

https://www.hempuli.com/gdq/

I got screwed over with the catcam square, which might be a bit hard on a live event, but I'm bending rules and adding it if the runner looks like a cat or has cat-related clothing

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Once again there is SO much stuff I have never even heard of. I say it in every GDQ but for me one of the best things is to catch a run in odd timeslot where you have no idea about the game or runner and it ends up being incredibly entertaining.

and then you end up wishlisting the game

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

No one did the bunnyhop movement strat!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Boogalo posted:

New guy did a great job. I forgot his name already though. Give me a couple years.

Adef being 23 (?) made me feel very old

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

We need a bigger camera because of the distancing

But I love this concept for the run

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This here is the button to switch layouts. Don't press during a run

WHOOPS

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

PET THE HORSE
PET THE HORSE

also I need to actually play this game, but don't have any modern consoles so I'm still holding out for PC versions for this and Bloodborne.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Won't lie that was an impressive launch

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Shouting that out is the kind of crowd interaction I've missed

The designs of these colossi are really great.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Fight so fast she can't even finish the explanation

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

That's never happened before

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Ha, they even sing pretty well

Like a 1920's song

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The bar has been raised pretty high for the next singing incentive, huh

e: pretty good as far as the first run goes

wow the stream is breaking up hard, now we get seconds per frames

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jun 26, 2022

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The commentary/couch section looks really classy with the plants and the tables.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

Thursday (EU time)

The Silly games block is looking strong.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Always enjoy seeing Mr Shasta, I've been actually watching his streams lately playing this new Kirby game (which is up later and I can't see it live) but he's a chill guy and one of the nicest streamers I know.

Warioware is fun too.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Quick, make some donations so they can get Sent a new pair of pants

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Kestral posted:

This was one of my favorite shows as a little kid, even though it was absolutely terrible. I had no idea there was a game for it! Anyone here seen it in action? Is it as godawful as you'd expect?

I've seen Sharif run it in some event earlier, possibly Retrothon, and it's ... about what you'd expect

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This looks like Super monkey ball but with animals instead of monkeys.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Okay it's not quite Monkey ball anymore.

Opening run had some nice energy and Shasta is always good.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Feels so weird for runners to explain the lore to Mass Effect but I guess there's a generation of gamers who have never played it.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Just tuning in at the end of Crash 2 and next few runs are again PC games I have never heard of.

Have to check out Shasta's Kirby run later.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Perspective has a neat gimmick, you gotta guide a little guy around who moves in 2D but you yourself control a 3D environment

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Super Dream dasher seems like one of those games where the movement looks like it was designed for the purpose of speedrunning.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Oh it's Jaxler up next, his energy should be sufficient to wake people up

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Bidwar was tied!

He should've fought both

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

You fell for my devious trap again, Mr. Bonk

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Sometimes starting a run is hard

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

emdash posted:

this is a pretty normal pace since the chat thread was moved to discord

We are all getting older so post rates are also going down

Never seen Pathless played let alone run so it'll be nice to see what it's about.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I only now noticed the feature where the UI part of the runner/commentator name will flash to indicate who is speaking. That's really neat and I don't remember actually if it was a thing before. But I'd assume it makes a bit easier to tell who is who, especially with the masks.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

It's been 6 years since Ty the Tasmanian tiger was last featured in GDQ, probably because the previous one got famous for many wrong reasons. The estimate is way lower than before so looking forward to it, but I'm really in for the Castlevania stuff later

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

yetee shirts are $15 this year instead of $14. can't believe it they sold out to the man.......

That's it, I'm never ordering from Yetee again

It's more because of the increased postal fees + taxes you gotta pay. Compared to the last time I ordered a shirt from GDQ the costs are like 2x to overseas, unfortunately.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Wait online block what the gently caress?

We're still getting a few remote runs.

I think one of the best things about the recent GDQ's was the inclusion of all kinds of runners from all around the world and I'd think that in this world situation the majority are US now. Hoping they'll have a few remote runs at future events too.

JethroMcB posted:

"Up next it's Ty the Tasmanian Tiger with KamaCrimson, who probably isn't going to threaten any murder/suicides; Kama, take it away!"

Instead they didn't give them any lead-in which seemed like threw them off a bit, lol

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Agent355 posted:

I don't get it.

A person is playing a game, they are going quickly, the only difference is you can't see an audience in the baackground. How is that such a major difference? what makes you confused?

Related, one of the online runs in some past event had a GIF image of an audience reaction as background and that was funny, and I think another one had a still image of one person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

playing live in front of a crowd is a lot more entertaining than playing from home. Stakes are higher. And its more interesting.

yeah I am, this sucks

??? YMMV of course but the past online GDQ's had plenty of nail-biting races and runs. It's not like the audience reactions have been super loud here either.