Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Driving by alone through western Maine in a convertible on a hot summer night.

Taking off your dirty socks after mountain biking, and using the dirty socks to clean the dried mud off your legs before going to get a beer.

Tom Tom Club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
100 percent correct on the last one, Lorelei is one of my favorite songs ever made

E: this is also applicable to the Cocteau Twins song

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Earwicker posted:

i am both good and bad at making coffee in a french press. good in the sense that the coffee i make tastes very good. bad in the sense that i have broken like 4 of them through various acts of stupidity. however i'm an idiot with all kinds of kitchen equipment and only the french presses break that frequently, so also they are too fragile.

I've been lucky so far that mine has survivefy clumsy inept handling all these years. The carafe is pretty durable despite being made of really thin glass.

I used to drink my coffee with a ton of sugar and milk / cream because I thought I didn't like the taste of unsweetened coffee, then I switched to French press and drink it black without sugar. It turns out I just didn't like the taste of lovely instant coffee.

Also Ikea's coffee beans are surprisingly good for the price.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

maybe some of us hope for a fire so we have an excuse to show our nuts off to the neighbors and firemen, ever think of that??

I sleep with my nut window agape

My real answer is something about revolutions being possible on the same body of land more than once 🔂

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

yeah always sleep in your undies. what if there's a fire

I don't really care. Okay, I'm naked and that's kind of funny, you are allowed to poke jokes. "Look at naked guy!" Yeah guess what is under your clothes man.

The FD ain't gonna call the cops on me.

I'll go find some garbage to wear or whatever when my people and rear end in a top hat cat are out safe. Tie a garbage can lid over my front and backside. I do not care.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Flying into NYC to get a passport renewed the day before your destination vacation and everything going 100% correctly.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Freshly shaven balls

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I listened to Dark Chest Of Wonders by Nightwish for the first time in like 10 years and I was like "I bet this hasn't aged well, this is gonna be cringe, my teen self had questionable taste in music" and I was extremely not prepared for it to go that hard

watching a weird little bug trot across some pavement or a leaf and live its little life

watching a youtuber do some weirdly specific but cathartic task, like I found this guy on youtube who just goes out to the middle of nowhere and unclogs culverts and drains. No funny music, no zany writing, no crazy cuts or thumbnails or playing it up for ad revenue, just some random dude having a good time with his weirdly specific hobby

Das Boo posted:

Adderall. I don't do it enough to remember how kick rear end it is.
Also this tbh. I have ADHD so I have it prescribed to me. Recently I got a refill from a new manufacturer and it's like taking a different medication, just absolute garbage. I thought I was crazy until I tried the one remaining dose I had of the old manufacturer and I was like "oh right this makes me feel like a human being". Currently waiting for my pharmacy (which stopped stocking the old manufacturer for SOME REASON) to get that poo poo back in stock. :negative:

Tiny Myers fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jun 28, 2022

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

A bike ride on a nice day

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Remembering the snacks you bought for yourself earlier that day while half cut in the evening.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Ice tea, folk punk

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
What the gently caress is that sound?

*Looks down*

Ah yes. Cats can snore.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

The crisp blast when you open a freshly bought energy drink.

Lifroc
May 8, 2020

A finger up your arse when you're feeling sophisticated during sexy time

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

The first sip of an ice-cold drink on a ridiculously hot day.

Walking in the city late at night when nobody’s around.

Listening to rainstorms on your bedroom window.

Cigarettes After Sex’s entire back catalogue of music.

Being at a concert, and realising you’re surrounded by hundreds of people who are jazzed as gently caress about seeing the same band as you.

Watching someone you love unwrapping a gift you got for them that you know is perfect for them and them alone.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
rain outside, napping inside. window cracked just enough to get that nice petrichor.

Lifroc
May 8, 2020

Flinger posted:

Ice tea, folk punk

Yo wtf is folk punk? Share a band name or two.

MassiveSky
Apr 5, 2022

by Hand Knit
Taking a long-rear end walk with headphones out in the sun.

Having recently had eye surgery and being forbidden to partake in physical activity for two weeks, I really really miss it.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Lifroc posted:

Yo wtf is folk punk? Share a band name or two.

Dropkick murphy and flogging molly are popular modern bands with electric guitars, pogues played a more irish trad style with the punk edge, gogol bordello adds romani music influence to the mix. Listening to Dreadnoughts - Legends never die is what made me go "yes this still owns". It can be hit-or-miss, sometimes it's just blink-182 with an accordion.

MassiveSky
Apr 5, 2022

by Hand Knit

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

yeah always sleep in your undies. what if there's a fire

What if you have a wet fart.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
The first time in the year you have to put on winter clothes and get on the couch with a blanket.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

remembering that a good word exists

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Tiny Myers posted:

I listened to Dark Chest Of Wonders by Nightwish for the first time in like 10 years and I was like "I bet this hasn't aged well, this is gonna be cringe, my teen self had questionable taste in music" and I was extremely not prepared for it to go that hard

If you like Ghost Love Score from the same album, there’s a version that runs 20 minutes too that’s fun. Naturally I’m not finding it on YouTube because it’s full of live and reaction vids, but I had it on some release of b sides and rarities or whatever.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Satisfactory. Picked it up after not playing for loving ages and forgot how much it loving owns.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
The kind of nap you get to have after going for a long distance run in cold weather

The run itself sucks rear end but that nap, unachievable by any other means, is worth it

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe
Live doom metal.
Devonshire tea.
Good banter.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I just saw the Carolina Crown drum and bugle corp at the local high school while they were passing through on their tour. They had been sweating and working all day long and invited locals out for the final run through of their show. Nothing like the sound of 150 or more I dunno brass players, specifically the 8-10 contrabass tubas and the sound all that can create. Super awesome feeling as a spectator, but it's gotta be amazing to work that hard on a project like that.

To be young again :(

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
JIF peanut butter

Its texture is always perfect

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
donkey kong country 2

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ninjoatse.cx posted:

JIF peanut butter

Its texture is always perfect

The salmonella really gives it some zip

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The salmonella really gives it some zip

The fact that I had to buy some other peanut better makes me realize it's value.

Natural peanut butter is vastly inferior to the hydrogenated goodness of JIF

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
School House Rock

These are/were 1 minute shorts that were played during commercial breaks between Saturday morning cartoons. I learned so much from them it's ridiculous. Verbs, conjunctions, the pre-amble to the constitution, what a legislative bill was; all when I was about 7 years old. Just fun little cartoons with catchy songs teaching you stuff.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Smoking a bowl and then going on a hike/nature trail on a beautiful day

and then smoking another while on the trail

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ralph Crammed In posted:

A bike ride on a nice day

:yeah:

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
seeing a few crumbs on the counter and then looking again and realizing they're ants

Cinderful
Feb 12, 2006

Internetjack posted:

School House Rock

These are/were 1 minute shorts that were played during commercial breaks between Saturday morning cartoons. I learned so much from them it's ridiculous. Verbs, conjunctions, the pre-amble to the constitution, what a legislative bill was; all when I was about 7 years old. Just fun little cartoons with catchy songs teaching you stuff.

The world is objectively better than ever these days, but man...I miss this too

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Revisiting a band you used to love in high school but haven't listened to in over a decade and realising that they still own and you instinctively remember all the lyrics to their songs

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Junk posted:

donkey kong country 2

Aquatic ambience... perfection

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Putting potato chips on sandwiches involving peanut butter.

Tim's Jalapeno are a magical addition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

pablo gbscobar posted:

Revisiting a band you used to love in high school but haven't listened to in over a decade and realising that they still own and you instinctively remember all the lyrics to their songs

teen witch sings!: nine inch nails