Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
the first EC2 instance was a Compaq under an intern's desk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

rotor posted:

renormalize running critical infrastructure on a machine under Srini's desk

you don't need to invest in monitoring tools when he can just tell you he can hear the fans are spinning up

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Jonny 290 posted:

reminder that the weed dump i worked at got owned by this, some sales bro got his excel password spreadsheet owned by a hacker and for 20 days slovenian teenagers ran the max number of gpu instances on aws mining bitcoin until we got a $230,000 aws bill in

kid rules

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
ive never used gcp but i just googled it and

quote:

Compute Engine resources are hosted in multiple locations worldwide. These locations are composed of regions and zones. A region is a specific geographical location where you can host your resources. Regions have three or more zones. For example, the us-west1 region denotes a region on the west coast of the United States that has three zones: us-west1-a, us-west1-b, and us-west1-c.

isnt this the same thing

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
oh. i cant remember the last time i've logged into the console to do anything.

a buddy of mine has an aws account so big if he loads the aws web console they hit the API limits (the web ui uses the same API endpoints as the cli tools do) before everything loads and then they cant do anything for a few minutes.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

LanceHunter posted:

I have a feeling most people who develop the web consoles for the major cloud providers primarily use their CLI and/or APIs for everything. There's an intense feeling of "why are you even here" to most of them.

thats how the documentation is even written. there's things you can't even do in the web ui.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
my first gig as an intern i had implemented the company's shipping integration with DHL and it ran on a host under my desk. they didn't know where else to put it.