Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
drat what the hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

RevKrule posted:

Can we please stop losing great artists this year? Please? This time it's Carlos Pacheco.

drat that sucks. His work was always enjoyable to look at.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
god drat it

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

RevKrule posted:

Can we please stop losing great artists this year? Please? This time it's Carlos Pacheco.

Relatively young artists, too. :smith:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Awful news. Pacheco did a lot of work on X-Men that I consider definitional to what I see in mind when I think "X-Men". RIP to a legend. :smith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Avengers Forever is one of my all time favorite stories, he pretty much drew the entire Marvel Universe during that run.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I’ll always remember him for drawing Green Lantern Uncle Sam in Superman/Batman. That story was wild.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

It looks like Kevin Conroy has passed away as well. What an awful week it's been. :(

https://twitter.com/DocShaner/status/1591094950074101765

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Oh, no.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Adam West will always be my favorite Batman, but Kevin Conroy was the best Batman.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
The best. What an awful loss.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
2022. Please. Stop. I beg you.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
DC is promoting a biographical story he wrote for this year's Pride comic.

https://www.dc.com/blog/2022/11/11/read-finding-batman-by-kevin-conroy-j-bone-and-aditya-bidikar

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

RevKrule posted:

Ah poo poo. Brilliant artist.

sublyme
Mar 21, 2003
lol poker
I’ve been playing the new marvel snap game, and suddenly it reminded me of a game I found here years ago. It was a fan made, turn based marvel game with like a million characters and plot lines. You recruited characters to your team. You’d play each character against a villain and use your various abilities (think like a button you clicked) to knock down their hit points. And I think there’s even a part where Dr. Doom shows up and you can use him. And I want to say it was flash based.

Does anyone have any recollection of this?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I've been reading some old Action Comics (from the 630 somthing issue) because I recently found about Hero Hotline (old comedy/action title from DC about a low-stakes super-hero company that helps people with missing objects, low level criminals and the like. Think One Star Squadron but without the cynisim.) and found out it was not a Superman title then, but one that featured a lot of stories about different heroes by different authors. Is there a modern title like that now on the stands?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I can't think of anything recent that fits, there was Dial H for Hero back when New 52 was a thing, and Warren Ellis had Global Frequency, which was kinda similar.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vincent posted:

I've been reading some old Action Comics (from the 630 somthing issue) because I recently found about Hero Hotline (old comedy/action title from DC about a low-stakes super-hero company that helps people with missing objects, low level criminals and the like. Think One Star Squadron but without the cynisim.) and found out it was not a Superman title then, but one that featured a lot of stories about different heroes by different authors. Is there a modern title like that now on the stands?

Like an anthology? I think Image has one currently.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Yeah, a super-hero anthology from one of the Big Two or Four

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Vincent posted:

There have been attempts, but they never sell because modern comic book fans are dullards, morons, oafs, and clods.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Oh man I remember the old action comic anthology. Wild Dog was in that!!!!

The closest thing DC has now is Batman: Urban Legends but sadly that is all Batman and family orientated.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It’s not quite what you’re looking for but Astro City is kind of that and also some of the best comics ever

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I believe Action Comics is being retooled into a Super-Family type of anthology series.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/MikeSibertRadio/status/1591981299103059969

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Anyone got a recommendation for a CBR reader for windows that has pinch-to-zoom? I mostly read comics on my laptop in tablet mode now and cdisplay isn't cutting it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/shoujocrave/status/1592620295382499329?s=20&t=8QhWUWBs5SjmqpHs-JmVfw

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

SKVLK posted:

Anyone got a recommendation for a CBR reader for windows that has pinch-to-zoom? I mostly read comics on my laptop in tablet mode now and cdisplay isn't cutting it.

I use Cover App. My Surface has become primarily a comic reader and I love the app, it's fairly basic as a reader by itself but the fact that it pulls images and recognizes books like Plex does for movies and TV, with my collection in OneDrive, is fantastic.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

There have been attempts, but they never sell because modern comic book fans are dullards, morons, oafs, and clods.

Cowards, each and every one of them.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Medullah posted:

I use Cover App. My Surface has become primarily a comic reader and I love the app, it's fairly basic as a reader by itself but the fact that it pulls images and recognizes books like Plex does for movies and TV, with my collection in OneDrive, is fantastic.

Hey this is excellent. Thanks!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Hell yeah

https://twitter.com/witchhatupdates/status/1594408303395999744?s=46&t=T2KxTq8Ao-euype6I3de_g

Minister of Sound
Jan 1, 2007

Damn, I wish I was your lett'rer!
Hell yeah, it's about time.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Do we still have a commission thread? It seems to have died off unless I am blind

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
https://www.timemachinego.com/linkmachinego/alan-moore-visits-new-york-in-1984/

Here are two scanned pages from Escape magazine, of an article Alan Moore wrote about his first trip to America in 1984.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-da...lrOs1CIKt8DJrjQ

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Oh poo poo, I didn't even know that he wasn't in good health

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Some good news: looks like this campaign has hit its goal!

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

I've been cleaning up some old long boxes I haven't pulled out in a decade or more. I have found a lot of aughts, early teens Warren Ellis. Floppies, hardcovers, signed books, etc. Is there any market for his stuff anymore among collectors? It's a lot of stuff like Gravel, Doctor Sleepless, etc. Mostly from Avatar. That era. I don't care to have it around anymore, but I also like money. I have a serious immune system disease so I don't go to my local shop much (once or twice in a year with a mask and I wait for the place to be largely empty when I go), and don't really even know what's still around me 3 years into this.

Basically is it worth my time to try unloading this creep's work?

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

I've been reading some old Batman stories I've heard of but never read.

I'm kinda surprised how much I liked The Widening Gyre.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

anyone have a good list of movies that have a scene that takes place in a comic book store?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

ruddiger posted:

anyone have a good list of movies that have a scene that takes place in a comic book store?

Kevin Smith's filmography?