Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Looking to finally read the Immortal Hulk since alot of people here say its great. What should I reach beforehand? Last thing I read specifically Hulk-wise was World War Hulk and the Hercules run (awesome).

e: I guess I should post this in the recommendation thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I'm putting this in a separate post because I don't mean to call out the previous poster, God knows I've done it myself.

But the idea "oh, before you read this really good comic you need to read all these other comics first" is really loving dumb. I read Bendis' Daredevil before I read Born Again and I was able to accept the premise "All these thugs are pretty drat sure Matt Murdock is Daredevil and that leaks out" without the backstory. Also Kingpin was blind at the start of that and I still have no idea how that happened. But the book still worked for me.

If you hear that a comic is good and you want to read it, just read the comic, don't worry too much about research.

I'm going to just read Immortal Hulk, thanks everyone.

But I remember before reading House of X finding a reading list of comics beforehand, and none of them were necessary, but it was hella fun to catch up with the characters and see how they've changed, I guess I was going after that. No worries.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I just read Morrison's run in XMen and it was a great read. The characters never felt so real and complex and the dialogue was a whole nother level

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

RevKrule posted:

Can we please stop losing great artists this year? Please? This time it's Carlos Pacheco.

Ah poo poo. Brilliant artist.