Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

Hope this is chill to post here:

Hi folks, I’m posting here recruiting to see if anyone would be interested in playing Mafia!

We are a group of forums Mafia players that usually play-by-post in the Trad Games forum. Currently, we are running a videogame themed game over at the Games subforum, and we are looking for new players that want to learn how to play, or just try their hand at something new. Game is completely newbie-friendly and we'll have volunteers over to help everyone get settled and have a good time. If you've ever played Werewolf or Town of Salem, or even real-life Mafia, it is similar!

Haha nerd.

I have a run a lot of comic themed ones though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's like Morrison's Batman run where there are some deep continuity cuts, but you aren't missing anything major but not knowing the full context.
There's an issue 0 type thing that has a couple reprints of some old comics that cover the most important stuff, that's all that's really necessary and even then you can live without it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's trying to save you from yourself.
Works fine for me, clear cache maybe?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have the first few trades but I hate pausing between stuff like that so I've been waiting to start it, and I'm going to keep on waiting so long

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I just don't have the brain for these big breaks. If I read a 50-60 issue series straight through I can barely remember stuff that happened early on, I'm definitely not going to remember if it was 10 years ago

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Skwirl posted:

Is Marvel over shipping again I find it really hard to believe there's literally only two DC comics that comic book shops are ordering more copies of than Moon Knight #13.

I'm sure the show gave it a brief boost

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There's a kids thrift store near me that I just dropped a bunch of old baby clothes off at, and noticed they had a stack of Metabearons and Incal comics there lol.
I gave them the heads up that they probably don't want to sell those to a nine-year-old

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Robots

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

JordanKai posted:

The Incal is a brutally boring read and I think it's mostly worth experiencing for the artwork and the creativity, not for the plot or the character writing. Before the Incal and Final Incal are a lot better in that regard.

Pretty much. I love Moebius, but Euro comics that aren't 2000AD don't do it for me.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jodorowsky is not one for a straight narrative, no. (and also he's kind of a piece of poo poo which is another reason I'm not into his stuff)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Wytches was good. The DC Halloween/horror specials are usually good. Richard Corben's Lovecraft stuff is great if you can find it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Disney’s Batman: Brave and Bold

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Have they started filming The Marvel's yet? Just wait a few months and then they can add Billy to that

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tosk posted:

Are there any good Star Wars comics? I remember reading some back in the day about Darth Krayt and others set in the KotOR era, but couldn't tell you if they were decent or not.

I like Tales of the Jedi or whatever it was, and a lot of the post-Disney stuff has been good

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Leah Williams has been posting a bunch of X-men playlists over the past few months and most of them are hilarious

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gripweed posted:

How does being depowered make him not have a bird face anymore? I get how a mutant like iceman whose power is the ability to do a thing could be depowered, but Beak was just bird shaped. If you could isolate the gene for being tall in a tall adult and take it out, it's not like they'd suddenly shrink to 5 foot 8. The gene already had the physiological effect

unstable molecules

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It’s not quite what you’re looking for but Astro City is kind of that and also some of the best comics ever

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

ruddiger posted:

anyone have a good list of movies that have a scene that takes place in a comic book store?

Kevin Smith's filmography?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rhyno posted:

he said good

Rhyno posted:

Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon

:catstare: