Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Madkal posted:

Monster by Barry Windsor-Smith won a bunch of Eisners and I just want to recommend it. It's not an easy read at points, and can be very heart wrenching, but it is one of the best graphic novels I have read this year and is really worth checking out.

Oh the Eisners finally happened? I want to see who won best manga. It better be Chainsaw Man

Edit: it went to Junji Ito. Boo! Boo I say! He won last year too! Give other people a chance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Also Lore Olympus won best webcomic, which is kind of funny given SA’s general feelings on it

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Clark Kent’s an American citizen

The FBI would be the ones trying to murder him

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
He’s got Get Fuzzy and The Far Side, guy’s got taste

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

X-O posted:

Eh, a few posts down he posts a picture of the full shelf and he has two Marvel Mangaverse trades on it. That alone almost cancels out all the good.

We all own some real stinkers. This just shows he’s legit

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
https://www.comicbookrevolution.com/july-2022-single-issue-comic-book-sales-rankings/

I thought this was interesting.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Skwirl posted:

Is Marvel over shipping again I find it really hard to believe there's literally only two DC comics that comic book shops are ordering more copies of than Moon Knight #13.

I absolutely can believe it, almost everything I’ve heard of coming from DC at the moment seems very uninspired

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Despite making a snide comment about when I first saw it recommended here (to whoever recommended it, sorry), I’ve been listening to Mangasplaining, a podcast largely about making Chip Zdarsky read manga. It’s interesting, but it could be edited to be half the length.

I’ve learned two things: Chip Zdarsky is a pen name and not his real name and his new comic, Public Domain, may have, at least in part, been inspired by the manga Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun. He mentioned in that episode that it had brought up feelings of wanting to make a comic about comics

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

secretly best girl posted:

Dunno if you're caught up yet, but all of the "Season 3" (currently running) episodes have been much shorter, to the fact that they're regularly doing 2 books an ep and still coming in around 75-90 a lot of the time.

I’m at the end of season one, that’s great to hear

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
https://www.comicsbeat.com/report-graphic-novel-sales-were-up-65-in-2021/?amp

Comics sales were generally up in 2021. Superhero comics specifically only had modest growth, but that’s still growth

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

RevKrule posted:

What spooky comics are people reading for the season?

Elliot Kalan’s Maniac of New York seems like it would be a good fit if you like slashers

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Mr Hootington posted:

Maniac of new york sucks

What’s your thoughts on Night of the Living Cat then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Madkal posted:

Rereading GMo's New X-Men run and I somehow forgot that they turned Magneto into a full blown Nazi. I now remember that there was some controversy over it but re-reading it now and it isn't even subtle.

Magneto’s always teetered on being fash, it was only a matter of time before someone made him one outright