Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1546939397471318016?s=20&t=eFlC7v2j_xjSgXieaMds5Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I stopped reading when he hit her. It felt like the comic had become more about bad things happening to the family than about the family.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Junji Ito is consistently good, but Chainsaw Man is a landmark in comic book storytelling. I was thinking about the things that don’t exist for days. There’s a single line of dialogue that would have been an entire volume in other manga or American comics.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Might get into Transformers

https://twitter.com/TF_Moments/status/1553636584754294785?s=20&t=8Ip7j2bVqc97BgNz3SmJ3A

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou's first official English release volume is out! For the unfamiliar, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is the story of Alpha, a robot who runs a little cafe on the seaside

The seas have risen a lot from our times, the cities are gone, and there aren't many people left. Life is slow and the people are happy, even if they still occasionally grieve all that has been lost. The simple pleasures of a shared cup of coffee, meeting someone new, or taking a scooter ride down the coast gave life a rich texture and simple beauty. It's a vision of the apocalypse not as a violent death, but a graceful one.

I read YKK ages ago in scans, and this was my desktop background for like a decade

I'm so glad YKK has finally gotten a proper release in North America and more people can read it. It's a beautiful comic, one of the best sci-fi comics ever written, and easily the best comic about gay robots I've ever read.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

How Wonderful! posted:

Gripweed I ordered this on the basis of your recommendation and so far it's very lovely, thanks for pointing it out I'd have never heard of it otherwise

Yay! When I first read it I got really obnoxious about forcing all my friends to read it, I'm glad that the official release has given me a whole ne chance to evangelize on it's behalf.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

JordanKai posted:

I'm surprised to see the Marvel/Fortnite comic doing big numbers. I know a lot of people love Fortnite, but I didn't think that that love would translate to comic sales.

The Batman Fortnite comic was pretty good. Batman gets sucked into Fortnite and his memory is reset after each battle so he has to do the Memento thing where he leaves messages to himself on his armor as he tries to figure out whats going on

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

goddamn. Superhero comics were up 2.3 percent, manga was up 171 percent.

quote:

Categories that were down in 2021 include “Contemporary Women”, down 14%,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpB83chNBQc

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

If you're going to enjoy any kind of European art from the 70s, music, comics, novels, movies, anything, you pretty much need to just assume and accept that every man involved in the making of that art should be in jail.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

At the rate Discovery is going, I wonder if DC comics has much time left.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Boom Comics presents Batman

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Grimm Fairy Tale: Alice in Wonderland vs Constantine.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

huh, maybe there's still a chance for the next issue of Orc Stain

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1585009563316588544?s=20&t=r1Gdl54CIcylpxFjajPf-A

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Open Marriage Night posted:

Beak and Angel Salvadore were the techies for America Chavez’s group in Vengeance. They were depowered at the time and looked human.

How does being depowered make him not have a bird face anymore? I get how a mutant like iceman whose power is the ability to do a thing could be depowered, but Beak was just bird shaped. If you could isolate the gene for being tall in a tall adult and take it out, it's not like they'd suddenly shrink to 5 foot 8. The gene already had the physiological effect

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Barry Convex posted:

iirc that was in the New Warriors book everyone wants to forget. his first actual appearance depowered was in a few panels of Exiles where he still looked gawky and with a huge nose

Lmao owned

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Comics own

https://twitter.com/mangamogurare/status/1586814820036513792?s=46&t=c6VxklHvlGNw546VsL_t4A

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/shoujocrave/status/1592620295382499329?s=20&t=8QhWUWBs5SjmqpHs-JmVfw

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Hell yeah

https://twitter.com/witchhatupdates/status/1594408303395999744?s=46&t=T2KxTq8Ao-euype6I3de_g

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I read Hack/Slash vs Vampirella. Pretty fun. It’s got me interested in both those series now.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The worst Puppet Master movie.

Rhyno posted:

he said good

He said a good list, not a list of good movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

StumblyWumbly posted:

I left Twitter a while ago, but I really missed some of the comics chat, especially folks posting comics art. Are there good places on Mastodon to check out, or is it just a shambles?

All I know about Mastadon is that if you send a PM that includes someone’s username in the text of the message, that person will be added to the conversation. That’s not a bug, it’s an intentional feature. So I don’t think Mastadon will really take off.