Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Open Marriage Night posted:

I remember the ‘90 set feeling so old, even only a couple years removed. That swishy banner for the names, and Cyclops was in his original X Factor costume that I had only seen on his initial action figure.

The ‘92 set my dad bought me from a local flea market. I can still remember that the guy had a Michael Jackson’s Moonwalker arcade cabinet at his booth. The Carnage card from that set had him mostly colored black, which was actually kind of neat.

What card set had the heroes favorite movies? Wolverine’s was Logan’s Run. War Machine’s was Robocop.

A lot of the early sets felt old so quickly after they came out because in 92 you had Marvel Masterpiece set hit the market and it was all over. Heavy cardstock. Clean front and back. Art from the likes of Joe Jusko, Boris Vallejo, Julie Bell, among other absolute greats. It absolutely changed the whole game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

What spooky comics are people reading for the season?

I've been going through some hella old (very early 90s) Hellraiser books that are interesting to read how it evolves the lore of the Lament Configuration in a different fashion than the movies. The series started after Hellbound but before Hell on Earth. Some of the stories are much more interesting than others so far but it's a lot like reading Dredd progs where if you don't like the current story, another is right around the corner. I especially like how it deals with the human attraction to the box and people's different reactions to solving the puzzle rather than it always being "you have summoned Pinhead." If you can find the original Hellraiser series, it's definitely worth a perusal.

I'm also reading The Empty Man books after seeing the movie. I didn't realize it was a comic before the movie and worse, I didn't realize it was from two of my favorite creators (Cullen Bunn and Vanesa R Del Rey). The comic has some good visuals and an interesting story even if I think I know where it's going after seeing the movie. Also the movie is much better than people gave it credit for and is a good slow creepy burn with a banger of an opening.

I'm thinking of re-reading Severed (I remember that being exceedingly creepy) but beyond that, I'm curious what other people are reading to get in the seasonal mood.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

https://twitter.com/KimJungGiUS/status/1577583009783431169

Just devastating. I just saw him at SDCC. What a loving loss.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Can we please stop losing great artists this year? Please? This time it's Carlos Pacheco.