Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Radiant Black is a pretty good book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They were my favorite publisher for several years. It's sad to see where they've fallen to again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gripweed posted:

At the rate Discovery is going, I wonder if DC comics has much time left.

It's gonna be weird to see DTW license out the DC characters to different publishers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gripweed posted:

Boom Comics presents Batman

The All New Adventures of the Super Sons coming soon from Avatar Press.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gripweed posted:

Grimm Fairy Tale: Alice in Wonderland vs Constantine.

that's something that i'd actually see happening

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Random Stranger posted:

I've been kind of anticipating it for a while. DC is a small footnote on the WB balance sheet and comics have only had corporate value as IP farms for well over a decade. All it would take is one exec going, "Eh, they're comics. Anybody can come up with that stuff," and they're done.

The already closed up their "new" offices in Burbank back in March after culling a bunch of their staff. From what I understand their new offices are not anywhere close to the level of Burbank, a lot more of a corporate layout, not the fun bullpen type they had before.

The Burbank offices were three stories and basically a DC museum and I was extremely lucky to get a tour 5 years ago.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 12, 2022

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alhazred posted:

Marvel Comics presents Captain Marvel.

yeah but plot twist it's this one

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They're still loving the original creators on the royalties right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kevin O'Neill has passed away.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
god drat it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Avengers Forever is one of my all time favorite stories, he pretty much drew the entire Marvel Universe during that run.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vincent posted:

I've been reading some old Action Comics (from the 630 somthing issue) because I recently found about Hero Hotline (old comedy/action title from DC about a low-stakes super-hero company that helps people with missing objects, low level criminals and the like. Think One Star Squadron but without the cynisim.) and found out it was not a Superman title then, but one that featured a lot of stories about different heroes by different authors. Is there a modern title like that now on the stands?

Like an anthology? I think Image has one currently.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I believe Action Comics is being retooled into a Super-Family type of anthology series.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-da...lrOs1CIKt8DJrjQ

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Opopanax posted:

Kevin Smith's filmography?

he said good

Lost Boys has some scenes in a comic shop. Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon and the Simpsons center many plots around the comic shop as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i think it's very clear that setting a film or tv show in a comic book shop automatically makes it poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

drrockso20 posted:

Think once we roll over to 2023 we should just do an annual thread considering how bad the mods were at actually switching the threads by season this year, or maybe even just have a permanent general chat thread instead of worrying about seasonal or annual threads

Rude.