Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's officially the summer in the northern hemisphere! It's hot as gently caress in a lot of the US, but the endless churn of superhero comics and movies continues! Chat about whatever makes you happy or sad* in here!

*If what makes you sad is the comics industry itself, to include companies, creators, or other related people or organizations, keep it to the Industry Terribleness thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Just read it imo.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I read like half of Planet Hulk and then World War Hulk and have basically never enjoyed Hulk as a character for my entire comics-reading life* and read Immortal Hulk and loved it. Just read it.

*I also haven't read any of the other celebrated runs, but that's because of the irrational dislike of the character don't @ me

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh yeah I went recommend Saga to anyone until it's done, as much as I enjoy it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The current DCU status quo is there's no more intelligence agencies since Leviathan blew them all up and recruited everyone. They tried to recruit Lois, but she refused, and know trying to kill her will just get Superman on their rear end.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Given they seem to be putting out like two books a month, I don't think you're abnormal in forgetting they existed.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Is Marvel over shipping again I find it really hard to believe there's literally only two DC comics that comic book shops are ordering more copies of than Moon Knight #13.

I mean, did you read Moon Knight #12?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/WarRocketPod/status/1569841447385399297?s=20&t=RONY4is7u2VD0HG95iOfdA

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

DINKS being the fourth coolest thing is funny to me since my entire adult life I've heard nothing but shame about how young couples aren't having enough kids.

When people say this what they really mean is the right kind of people aren't having enough kids

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I've been in the past. It's pretty low-key, though they do bring in some good talent. I'd probably go if I wasn't going to be in Italy.

If you do go, try to get over to the Abbey Burger Bistro for a meal. It's close enough to walk, but far enough that most people aren't going to. You know, if you like burgers. If you don't, then don't.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

drrockso20 posted:

Think once we roll over to 2023 we should just do an annual thread considering how bad the mods were at actually switching the threads by season this year, or maybe even just have a permanent general chat thread instead of worrying about seasonal or annual threads

We switched to seasonal because someone complained that an ongoing general thread was too unwieldy for newbies, which sure, but I agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Medullah posted:

There's newbies to SA? I thought everyone that was ever going to sign up for the site signed up by 2010 and we're slowly dying off of old age
I wasn't saying it made sense, just that's what the reasoning was.