Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Just finished Saga #60, they seem to be taking a break, planning on releasing six issues per year, have 48 issues to go, doing some math, I'll be 50 when the series end.

gently caress, I'm getting old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Comics AND Tolkien? I think that lawyer is a nerd.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I hit up an art museum for the 2nd time in my life yesterday. The very first thing I saw I loved the best.

It wasn't until I got home that I saw why.

Warlock!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I love these and I bought "a set" on ebay without reading it too closely and am still missing like 10% of the cards. :cry:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

This video really explores what I like about Chip Zdarsky's writing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw0xjH27y5s

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Madkal posted:

It kind of blows my mind that a comic book has a soundtrack and the soundtrack is actually pretty good. Looking at the listing for Dark Knight Death Metal and I am wondering why this soundtrack even exists but I am glad it does.

The Black Canary comic from 7 years ago had them in a band and two EPs were put out.

https://blackcanary.bandcamp.com/music

Haven't listened to them in forever, but they weren't bad!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Madkal posted:

Poor Beak. Was he in much after New X-Men?

I remember him popping up in random stories, but usually as someone getting hurt when a villain attacks mutants.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gripweed posted:

The gene already had the physiological effect

It's not just a gene, is an X-Gene!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

DC is promoting a biographical story he wrote for this year's Pride comic.

https://www.dc.com/blog/2022/11/11/read-finding-batman-by-kevin-conroy-j-bone-and-aditya-bidikar

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I keep ranting about RSS feeds and personal blogs falling away. I'd constantly miss updates on Twitter. All the other places seem to push certain content based on random algorithms. At least a few creators do email newsletters these days.

I have a Deviant Art account that was alright to check, but I have fallen out of the habit years ago. And artists would leave there as they became more popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

Think once we roll over to 2023 we should just do an annual thread considering how bad the mods were at actually switching the threads by season this year, or maybe even just have a permanent general chat thread instead of worrying about seasonal or annual threads

This thread is making me remember when it wasn't in the low teens and I saw the sun after coming home from work. :sun: There was a time long ago when I would sit outside and read comics.