Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I guess I have mild OCD, because I have to make everything even- if I bump my right elbow against something, I feel the need to do the same with my left. If I step on a crack in the sidewalk with my left foot, I better hit the next one with my right foot. I don't feel this urge as much as I did when I was younger.

I also eat snacks in even numbers and of similar size. If I have a handful of potato chips, I group them into pairs based on size. This is usually only a thing when I'm not fully occupied, like when I'm just surfin' the web or playing a simple game.

I get an intense urge to jump if I'm at a great height on top of a building or at the edge of a cliff. Just thinking about it gives me a sinking feeling in my stomach and my legs feel sort of lighter.

I can't stand my ankle bones touching each other. It gives me the heebie jeebies somethin' fierce. Just thinking about it makes my ankles feel weird. And of course, my wife and kids take advantage of this and threaten to tie my feet together.

I have an irresistible urge to make bad threads.

So what makes you weird, goons? Besides being a goon, that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I poo poo my pants

Also im gay

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
I have this thing where my brain forces an unpleasant thought into my head completely randomly, from anything from something embarrassing I did a decade ago to a horrible animal abuse news story I heard twenty years ago.

When this happens, if I am by myself, I will blurt out a curse word like a psyco. I am worried that one day it will happen in public or when I don't realize someone is around. Luckily that has never happened yet. I also worry it's a sign of potential tourettes syndrome. However I'm not sure why my brain can kind of keep it in check if there's people around if it were that.

I'm also thinking it might be my brain's way of dealing with intrusive thoughts. By saying a bad word out loud I am getting the bad thought pushed out of my brain because I shocked myself.

frh fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 27, 2022

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion

isaboo posted:

I get an intense urge to jump if I'm at a great height on top of a building or at the edge of a cliff. Just thinking about it gives me a sinking feeling in my stomach and my legs feel sort of lighter.

This is commonly known as the call of the void and I get the same sensation whenever on a bridge!

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

isaboo posted:

I guess I have mild OCD, because I have to make everything even- if I bump my right elbow against something, I feel the need to do the same with my left. If I step on a crack in the sidewalk with my left foot, I better hit the next one with my right foot. I don't feel this urge as much as I did when I was younger.

I used to do this when I was younger too. I saw my brother doing something like it when he was a kid. I never really thought about it for years until you just mentioned it.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

YarPirate posted:

This is commonly known as the call of the void and I get the same sensation whenever on a bridge!

ah, cool! I didn't know it had a name

I also get an urge to throw my keys off of said high place.

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion
Yeah it's pretty wild and unnerving. Until I googled it I didn't realize how many other intrusive thought I had that were easily categorized under the same header.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
i have severe ADHD that I'm finally treating out the age of 32 lol

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

isaboo posted:

I also get an urge to throw my keys off of said high place.

Call of the AAA

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

lately my nervous anxious thing has been to make a fart noise by pressing my palms together.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I do the thing where when I suddenly remember a cringey moment from my past I compulsively start cursing under my breath as if to force the thought from my brain

gently caress gently caress poo poo gently caress gently caress poo poo gently caress gently caress gently caress

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

HD DAD posted:

I do the thing where when I suddenly remember a cringey moment from my past I compulsively start cursing under my breath as if to force the thought from my brain

gently caress gently caress poo poo gently caress gently caress poo poo gently caress gently caress gently caress

Oh. So the exact same thing I do. Cool

What is this called and can it be fixed?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Blooster posted:

You have to go back in time and make things right.

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion
After coming out of a coma after my heart stopped for ~15 minutes my wife was the first thing I saw beyond fuzzy shapes and lights, and I remember being absolutely horrified that she had two holes in her nose. I couldn't not focus on it for the first week or so I was recovering and felt bad so I waited til a year after and told her. We had a good laugh. Tbh she doesn't have a weird nose or anything, just a weird side effect of anoxia I guess.

Also couldn't sleep in the rooms at the hospital because I thought the wifi access points in the ceilings status lights kept jumping around, despite them just being a constant dim red. Got visibly upset when my family told me they weren't moving.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

You have to go back in time and make things right.

Just do more cringey poo poo so you water down the standards and it's just the new normal :shrug:

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
I suffer from Intermittent Explosive Disorder

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I'm what's known as a "checker." I check to make sure every light is off, that every thing that needs to be unplugged is unplugged, that the stove and oven are off, and that every door is closed and/or locked before I leave home. I even jiggle the locked front doorknob a few times to abso-loving-lutely make sure that it is indeed closed properly and locked before leaving because if I don't, the crippling anxiety of "did I really lock the front door before leaving?" just consumes me until I get back home :ohdear:

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Blooster posted:

I’m in the same club

You Are A Elf posted:

I'm what's known as a "checker." I check to make sure every light is off, that every thing that needs to be unplugged is unplugged, that the stove and oven are off, and that every door is closed and/or locked before I leave home. I even jiggle the locked front doorknob a few times to abso-loving-lutely make sure that it is indeed closed properly and locked before leaving because if I don't, the crippling anxiety of "did I really lock the front door before leaving?" just consumes me until I get back home :ohdear:

I medicated this poo poo away

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

You Are A Elf posted:

A few years back I left my apartment to go on vacation for a week.

Since I'm the same way, recorded a video on my phone of all the lights off, the oven off, etc on my way out the door.

I doubt that's a healthy thing to do, but it certainly worked (I never once watched the vid lol)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I brake check tailgaters. :twisted:

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

YarPirate posted:

Whenever I hold a light bulb I have the urge to crush it in my hand and let the blood flow. it makes the back of my teeth itch.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I get a calling to void my bowels

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i like to stay up too late playing video games, and then i'm tired at work the next day

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

HD DAD posted:

I will wince or irl cringe
It's got to be so bad for me to relive those horrible moments

But I friggin do
Brain bad

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I do this thing that I only a few months ago realized is probably OCD.
Occasionally, while watching TV, or if sitting in a meeting and paying attention to the speaker, but not really being engaged, I will tap my fingers on the table, or my leg, or whatever, one for each 'part' of their face. One for an ear, one for the other. one for one eye, one for the other. One for the nose, and then all of them at once for the mouth to make it an 'even' count.

I will also do this if I'm a passenger in a car, and looking at road signs. Tap a finger for each side of the sign until it ends on that 'all fingers tap' even count.

I don't even really think about it until I take myself out of the situation and look at it externally and ask myself what I'm doing. To anyone looking at me, you might not even notice the finger tapping because sometimes I simply apply pressure to each finger instead of actually TAPPING it. Or, you'd think I was just very softly drumming my fingers absently.

I think that's the only thing that really comes to mind. Maybe I'll think of another if I really put my mind to it.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Starting to think Idiocracy was a documentary....

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
If I haven't had any alcohol in 12-or-so hours I get all sweaty and shakey. Real psychosomatic stuff.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The "upsetting thing from a decade ago as I'm going to sleep" used to give me hideous insomnia and sometimes bring me to tears. I got put on Lexapro a few years back and even on my minimal dose, it's completely ended that poo poo.

I don't like my food to touch on the plate. Doesn't make me freak out, but I prefer it not to. Mixed on my fork's fine and I've got no problem with casseroles or anything, just really dislike gravy seeping under my corn or whatever.

I dislike prime numbers and prefer to have volume settings on divisible numbers. I know it's nonsense and have been forcing myself to leave it on primes lately.

I refuse to dislike any vegetable entirely. If I can't find a way I naturally like it prepared, I will force myself to eat it until I like it. My current project is beets, which I've found I can have in coleslaw without it tasting overwhelmingly of earth. My last success was sauerkraut because I want them probiotics.

Wine makes me calm puke. It just quietly refuses to stay in my stomach and I can excuse myself to go spit it out. Once impressed a friend with this.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I like killing people with power tools and economics.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Try cold boiled beets with feta and raisins

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

I'm very literal and a mission given is a mission completed. Can't take hints or be considerate ex-tempore.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I have misophonia. It developed after a traumatic event in my 20's.

https://misophoniainstitute.org/

I get irrationally angry about common noises, it rules.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Every day is the worst day of my life, exactly as described in Office Space.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Jelly posted:

I have misophonia. It developed after a traumatic event in my 20's.

https://misophoniainstitute.org/

I get irrationally angry about common noises, it rules.

this seems like a whole lot of not fun

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I feel a constant need to attack and dethrone god, OP.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

isaboo posted:

I can't stand my ankle bones touching each other. It gives me the heebie jeebies somethin' fierce. Just thinking about it makes my ankles feel weird. And of course, my wife and kids take advantage of this and threaten to tie my feet together.

So what makes you weird, goons? Besides being a goon, that is.

I have both of these. It's nice to know that I'm not alone in the first one, especially.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I have this thing where every 18-24 hours I get an overwhelming urge to rub my penis up and down

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
wow, I thought for sure I'd be alone with the ankle thing

even typing this makes me feel uncomfortable

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
I'm every bit as paranoid and reactionary as a far right extremist but I'm actually progressive and my hatred and paranoia is directed at rightwingers themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

isaboo posted:

wow, I thought for sure I'd be alone with the ankle thing

even typing this makes me feel uncomfortable

The ankles are coming top get you~~~~