Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The "upsetting thing from a decade ago as I'm going to sleep" used to give me hideous insomnia and sometimes bring me to tears. I got put on Lexapro a few years back and even on my minimal dose, it's completely ended that poo poo.

I don't like my food to touch on the plate. Doesn't make me freak out, but I prefer it not to. Mixed on my fork's fine and I've got no problem with casseroles or anything, just really dislike gravy seeping under my corn or whatever.

I dislike prime numbers and prefer to have volume settings on divisible numbers. I know it's nonsense and have been forcing myself to leave it on primes lately.

I refuse to dislike any vegetable entirely. If I can't find a way I naturally like it prepared, I will force myself to eat it until I like it. My current project is beets, which I've found I can have in coleslaw without it tasting overwhelmingly of earth. My last success was sauerkraut because I want them probiotics.

Wine makes me calm puke. It just quietly refuses to stay in my stomach and I can excuse myself to go spit it out. Once impressed a friend with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Harald posted:

sleeping? I'm absolutely pulling that sheet over my head with just a tiny mouth / nose hole to breathe through

I pull the sheet taught over my face by bending one arm above my head and kinda tucking it around my forearm. Makes a sort of tent over my face.

I think this mostly comes from growing up in the subtropics and trying not to leave any exposed skin for mosquitoes. Mosquito nets aren't 100% and gently caress if I'm getting bitten on the face.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
(Artist's rendition):

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Only place I haven't lived in the States is the Northeast and unless Maine is the drooling conservative Americana Steven King writes about, going barefoot is real weird.

My mom still tells stories of living in Eastern Kentucky and how you could spot the hill folk from a mile away because they didn't wear shoes.