Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

movie that accomplishes nothing and leaves the world in the same place it was at the end of the last atrocious movie, complete with "dinosaurs among us" montage. so many new and old characters together by the end the shots with them all reacting to big cgi blobs are ridiculously crowded messes. utter execrable trash from the worst living director

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

A Fancy Hat posted:

One of the worst movies I've ever seen, if only because they completely waste an interesting premise.

Dinosaurs loose in the world? You could have so many fun scenes, so many crazy setpieces. Instead they just ignore that, except for like 2 scenes, and put the majority of the dinosaur action in a hidden mountain facility that's basically just another variation of the island in the very first Jurassic Park.

There are also some really bizarre Indiana Jones and Star Wars segments. Are these just because the director wants to prove he could direct those movies, too? Who knows. The Star Wars stuff is the weirdest to me. You get guys with little alien-looking dinos hanging on their shoulders, dinosaurs fighting, a baby alien that looks like he'd fit in on Tatooine. It instantly took me out of the movie, it just did not fit at all.

The only reason to watch this movie is to enjoy the practical effects which, to be fair, are generally really good. But it's not worth watching an entire movie of dull characters, nonsensical plot twists, and references to the first movie that just instantly take you out of the film. That Barbasol can that couldn't possibly have been found after it got covered in mud and then the island blew up in the last movie? Guess what? It's back. And the main villain is going to say a line that means absolutely nothing within the context of the film, but it's from the first movie, so you'll love it, right?

the director got fired from a star wars movie so there's plenty of personal acrimony that would motivate the inclusion of those elements

though it says a lot about how much of a nothing this movie is i don't even remember the alien poo poo