Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

One of the worst movies I've ever seen, if only because they completely waste an interesting premise.

Dinosaurs loose in the world? You could have so many fun scenes, so many crazy setpieces. Instead they just ignore that, except for like 2 scenes, and put the majority of the dinosaur action in a hidden mountain facility that's basically just another variation of the island in the very first Jurassic Park.

There are also some really bizarre Indiana Jones and Star Wars segments. Are these just because the director wants to prove he could direct those movies, too? Who knows. The Star Wars stuff is the weirdest to me. You get guys with little alien-looking dinos hanging on their shoulders, dinosaurs fighting, a baby alien that looks like he'd fit in on Tatooine. It instantly took me out of the movie, it just did not fit at all.

The only reason to watch this movie is to enjoy the practical effects which, to be fair, are generally really good. But it's not worth watching an entire movie of dull characters, nonsensical plot twists, and references to the first movie that just instantly take you out of the film. That Barbasol can that couldn't possibly have been found after it got covered in mud and then the island blew up in the last movie? Guess what? It's back. And the main villain is going to say a line that means absolutely nothing within the context of the film, but it's from the first movie, so you'll love it, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The nanny death is weird because it's insanely violent and elaborate compared to the rest of the movie, then nobody mentions her after that. The entire Jurassic World trilogy is so bloodless and unmemorable, but this feels like something from a straight-up dinosaur horror movie.

She did nothing wrong in the movie (I know deleted scenes show her being lovely to the kids or whatever) so being brutally killed by multiple dinosaurs makes it feel like they hated the actress or something.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

PriorMarcus posted:

The current rumor is that the new film is a prequel based on the islands before the Park is built and that just sounds loving exhausting to me.

I wouldn't be shocked by this, but the original movie is literally "this is right before the park opens", so how much further back can they go? Are they going to cover that little cloned elephant that Hammond made?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

SirDrone posted:

To this day I don't know if I love or hate that the Indoraptor from Fallen Kingdom visibly smiles, takes glee in killing people, sharpens it's claws before a kill and acting like Nosferatu.

When it smirked at the camera before attacking Ted Levine I turned to my wife and whispered "this thing's gonna talk before the end of the movie". I'm still kind of shocked it didn't, or at least that they did some weird "it has human DNA!" reveal to explain why it was such a theatrical little guy.