Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Karloff posted:

For me it goes:

1. Jurassic Park (obv)
2. The Lost World
3. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
4. Jurassic World
5. Jurassic Park III
6. Jurassic World Dominion.

This feels pretty correct.

I actually like Fallen Kingdom and its the horror elements more than the Lost World but Lost World’s cliff scene blows everything in the new trilogy away.

Dominion is a career killer for me and I’ll be hard pressed to watch anything from the director. I never saw Book of Henry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violator
May 15, 2003

Was the nanny's death in JW worse than Richard Schiff in Lost World?

Violator
May 15, 2003

Neo Rasa posted:

They're about equal for different reasons but I give an edge to Schiff because the entire situation leading up to it feels way more personally apocalyptic and brutal.

Yeah, I’ve always felt Schiff’s was more brutal. He’s working his rear end off to save people (who are being sarcastic about his efforts!), has an extended terrifying trying to hide sequence, then gets ripped in half and devoured by a pair of t-rexes.

I haven’t seen JW in a while, but wasn’t the nanny grabbed by a series of increasingly large dinosaurs until she gets swallowed whole by the giant croc dino? That felt like a “oy there’s always a bigger fish!” joke.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Going to do the trendy thing and be a direct sequel to the first one and ignore the others?

Violator
May 15, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

If anyone here is interested in roleplaying games, or really just Jurassic Park lore, I made a pretty extensive and elaborate tabletop roleplaying game called Jurassic Park: Edge of Chaos that I just put up on itch.io. I think it's just as much fun as a lore compendium as it is a game. Much like the Telltale game, it takes place during the events of the first movie and acts as a player-driven remix of the events of June 11, 1993.

Lemme know if self-promotion like this is gauche (didn't see anything in the rules) and I can edit, but it seems like it might be right up some of y'all's alley.

This is really neat, thanks for sharing.