Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Pretty much all of the novel scenes that were missing in the first movie are spread throughout the movies at this point. The first 3 almost filled it out on its own (aviary, compys taking out Stormaire instead of Hammond, etc.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Shiroc posted:

The bit in JW where they release the raptors and have the big hero motorcycle scene, followed by the raptors having a conversation with the I-Rex and changing sides is absolutely hilarious. Just perfect comedic timing and execution of the gag.

I find it funnier when the raptor teams up with the TRex to beat the giant genetic monster dinosaur and then the raptor gives the TRex a good job, sis, nod and then runs off.

I always found the Lost World death more brutal because he dies JUST as over the top as the long crazy rescue sequence that precedes it. That whole sequence from start to finish is one of Spielberg's best-ever action constructions and capping it off with the two dinosaurs flipping him and tearing him in half is a perfect cap to it. And Eddie Carr didn't just do "nothing wrong"; he died specifically because he risked himself saving everyone.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah but they’re all in lovely JP movies instead of an actual good one

Lost World is excellent. It's basically Spielbergs Gremlins 2 to Jurassic Parks Gremlins 1. Like 10 percent of people understood that at the time and now it's just nostalgia opinions, sadly.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

A Buttery Pastry posted:

As for the off screen deaths part, I'd mention that Muldoon gets one too. "Classy" deaths are not limited to the villainous.

Don't forget Ray Arnold. Just trying to turn the power on...

Lost World had all the people on the ship that were eaten offscreen.

The stepdad or whatever died in JP3 (ugh, every death in that movie was just badly directed and uninteresting)