Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Reading the Making Of book from a couple years back and listening to production stories from various crew on the Jurassic Time YouTube channel, it sounds like Koepp had significantly less impact on the brilliance of the original film than one might think. Which makes sense when you look at the rest of his resume. He's done okay work here and there otherwise. If Colin Trevorrow is involved in any capacity, though, there's just no hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I just can't give less of a poo poo about any stupid goddamn hybrids. They're not dinosaurs, they're ugly, poorly-designed action figures. I like dinosaurs.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Sounds like Reddit fanwank. Those type also always talk about a prestige InGen prequel series.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
As a fan of the books, I can see the concept working if they leverage some of Crichton's unadapted ideas.

If they included the cut storyline from the book about dinosaurs getting off of the island onto the Costa Rican mainland, that might be enough to justify it. Have some scientists raise concerns about animals escaping, have Wu dismiss it, pull Malcolm's "the system is looking to confirm a number of animals rather than tracking the actual number of animals" bit from thr book and give it to that scientist, they go rogue, have most of the action take place on the mainland trying to contain the issue, end with them successfully covering it up.

Or even show an active Site B where they have to transfer animals to Nublar, with poo poo going wrong with the prion disease, forcing them to release the animals into the wild. And that going extremely poorly.

The Telltale side-quel game worked well in telling another story during the same timeframe. It's a bit creatively bankrupt, but I'm not opposed to it. It's one way to avoid all the lovely World baggage.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 7, 2024

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If anyone here is interested in roleplaying games, or really just Jurassic Park lore, I made a pretty extensive and elaborate tabletop roleplaying game called Jurassic Park: Edge of Chaos that I just put up on itch.io. I think it's just as much fun as a lore compendium as it is a game. Much like the Telltale game, it takes place during the events of the first movie and acts as a player-driven remix of the events of June 11, 1993.

Lemme know if self-promotion like this is gauche (didn't see anything in the rules) and I can edit, but it seems like it might be right up some of y'all's alley.