Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
You spend all your time trying to eat the ice cream in just the right way to avoid it going all over the place instead of just enjoying it. And if the server didn't place the scoop correctly you might just be well and truly hosed no matter what you do.

Yes, the flavor of the cone adds something. But not much. And yes, it's not all that hard. But why should it be hard at all? Why force yourself to eat the ice cream so fast?

It's time we admit that ice cream cones are bad. Most people would rather just eat from a cup but are pressured into eating from a cone by unethical ice cream stores looking to make a quick buck. It's time it stopped. From now on I'm only eating ice cream from a cup with a little plastic spoon. No more panicked licking at the side that's melting a little faster than the rest, I'll let you suckers do that. I'll just be eating my ice cream at my own pace and laughing at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
go off mickey rooney

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
U can get a waffle bowl its like the best of both worlds OP

Lowparts
Dec 23, 2015
Ice cream sucks in general

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Here's a trick OP

Order a cone IN A CUP and you get to eat the cone at your leisure

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
gently caress outta here

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Lowparts posted:

Shameful

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Asking an ice cream store employee for an ice cream cone exposes you to potential Turkish ice cream man tricks. Everyone at the Cold Stone laughing at me while I desperately try to hold it together as the situation escalates. I can't have that.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Cold Stone Steve Austin baby! Yeah~!!!!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

kntfkr posted:

gently caress outta here

:same:

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Lowparts posted:

counterpoint: you suck in general

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

AKA Pseudonym posted:

You spend all your time trying to eat the ice cream in just the right way to avoid it going all over the place instead of just enjoying it. And if the server didn't place the scoop correctly you might just be well and truly hosed no matter what you do.

Yes, the flavor of the cone adds something. But not much. And yes, it's not all that hard. But why should it be hard at all? Why force yourself to eat the ice cream so fast?

It's time we admit that ice cream cones are bad. Most people would rather just eat from a cup but are pressured into eating from a cone by unethical ice cream stores looking to make a quick buck. It's time it stopped. From now on I'm only eating ice cream from a cup with a little plastic spoon. No more panicked licking at the side that's melting a little faster than the rest, I'll let you suckers do that. I'll just be eating my ice cream at my own pace and laughing at you.

you're going to hell.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Yes, the flavor of the cone adds something.
You can just crumble a cone over your ice cream in a bowl. Or hear me out: cone bowls. Why the hell does it need to sit precariously on top of this platform that is slightly smaller than the ice cream? Who thought of this?

I'm with OP here. Ice cream cones are stupid.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
This is just as loving stupid. This might as well be on the cone because it's going to be dripping all over the sides anyway. What an rear end in a top hat.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jelly posted:

This is just as loving stupid. This might as well be on the cone because it's going to be dripping all over the sides anyway. What an rear end in a top hat.

Well that is a bit of a bad example but I wasn't going to spend that much time googling

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Something is wrong with this clown cone

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Slugworth posted:

Something is wrong with this clown cone

Turn on your monitor

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Found you a song about ice cream! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w02QxQZGQc
Updated for a modern world. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApnyCoqcbdw
You know I think these songs aren't actually about ice cream. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlWZluzBNxM
It's okay at least this one is about milkshakes yum!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGL2rytTraA

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 29, 2022

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

This is a valid compromise but is the cone really adding anything at this point? Is anyone ever like "Mmm yum, cone!"? You could be using that real estate for another scoop.

Nooner posted:

U can get a waffle bowl its like the best of both worlds OP
This is also good if the waffle bowl's coated in hard dried chocolate like the ones at Dairy Queen, at which point it's really just the mechanism to enable a chocolate bowl.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I eat I cream in cones all the time and never have any of the issues or problems OP mentions :shrug:

But yes, waffle bowls are bitchin’.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Lowparts posted:

You monster.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
You are a monster who would take us back to the days when everyone would eat from a single ice cream cup, reused from customer to customer served by a wallet stealing monkey.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you're supposed to bite the tip and suck the cream from the hole

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

OP it is you who sucks

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

OP I just want you to know that nobody in this thread respects you

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Yeah I figured this out decades ago and have been eating my ice cream out of a bowl since late childhood, OP.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I just ate some vanilla-caramel with toffee chunks ice cream and it was good

unlike this thread :iceburn:

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

The extra care and attention slows down the experience and makes you savor it more while simultaneously consuming less.

Much like eating peanuts still in the shells, it's good.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
YOU loving SUCK OP

YOU loving SUCK

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Soft serve owns

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

:metis:

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

Bad Purchase posted:

you're supposed to bite the tip and suck the cream from the hole

Do you eat pizza slices crust first too?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

you ever go to those roadside ice cream places in vermont and order a "small" twist cone and its this mountain of ice cream and you eat maybe half of it before giving up and throwing it at a passing motorist

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i eat my ice cream out of a bowl

a big plastic dog bowl that says pisspig

i think it was one of those mcdonalds 90s movie promotion bowls

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ice cream tastes better if you eat it with your front teeth. :munch:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The trick is to get the waffle cone in a cup and crush it into your ice cream.

I don't like chocolate chips in ice cream. They get too hard and act as an impediment.

Also, I have seen the names for waffle cones sugar cones used interchangeably. That's annoying.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

The trick is to get the waffle cone in a cup and crush it into your ice cream.

I don't like chocolate chips in ice cream. They get too hard and act as an impediment.

Also, I have seen the names for waffle cones sugar cones used interchangeably. That's annoying.

nah actually the real trick is to not be a human-shaped turd like the OP, sorry OP but it's the truth maybe you'd like ice cream cones if you weren't literally a piece of poo poo that almost looks like a person

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

anyone else bite ice cream? licking it seems gross and it takes too long to eat.