Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

muscles like this! posted:

He was in the 90s Lost in Space movie but for some reason they dubbed over his voice.

I knew that was him but I had no idea about the voice. I guess he couldn't do an American accent at the time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

2nd Amendment posted:

I had a roommate who was powerfully sexually attracted to Steve Buscemi. I feel like she'd dig Jared Harris as well but she never mentioned it.

Buscemi
Dreamy :swoon:

Bite me and let me trace the zigzag gently with a fingertip while you smoke moodily after

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Bula Vinaka posted:

It was. I usually don't like 19th century boat movies but that was extremely well done. He's in a lot of hoaky movies (Oculus, Poltergeist), so this is the first time I've seen him do a pretty serious role.

I watched the first episode of season 2 and I'm not sure I'm going to be into it. It's basically a completely different show (both cast and crew).

You haven't seen Chernobyl??

I tried watching the second season of the terror as well and bounced off it. No specific reason, maybe just the premise in general.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

WilWheaton posted:

It was funny how the Expanse somehow had him for the first season somehow, but , couldn't afford him at all for the subsequent seasons and didn't want to recast , so just kept referring to him offscreen

yeah, too bad. he was a much better villain than Liddle Marcos

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

stratdax posted:

I tried watching the second season of the terror as well and bounced off it. No specific reason, maybe just the premise in general.

Chernobyl is character-actor heaven. It owns.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Buce posted:

Chernobyl is character-actor heaven. It owns.

Plus the soundtrack omg

I usually hate an obtrusive soundtrack, like it almost ruins the Orville for me but not this one. It's killer

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Bula Vinaka posted:

It was. I usually don't like 19th century boat movies but that was extremely well done. He's in a lot of hoaky movies (Oculus, Poltergeist), so this is the first time I've seen him do a pretty serious role.

I watched the first episode of season 2 and I'm not sure I'm going to be into it. It's basically a completely different show (both cast and crew).

The Terror was amaazzinggg. I wouldn't bother with season 2, personally I found it a big miss. Good concept/idea, but terribly executed, in my opinion.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Spinz posted:

Plus the soundtrack omg

I usually hate an obtrusive soundtrack, like it almost ruins the Orville for me but not this one. It's killer

yeah, agreed.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

stratdax posted:

I have, and I forgot about it.

Speaking of good acting, there's a 1990 movie called The Field that has a number of good actors in it. John Hurt's character is sort of a "village idiot" that he really disappeared into. Not that it's the best performance I've ever seen, but was one of the most memorable.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So no one ever answered that question on the first page, we are talking about the subway pedo right? Was he into acting before or after he was arrested?

If after, like the hell hollywood why even?

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

I did nearly jizz my pants when he hanged himself on Mad Men.

He also hung himself in Chernobyl...looks like he's specifically entertaining your fetish.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

He crushed it in The Crown, even though he looks nothing like the real George VI.

Also, I only learned a month ago that he's Richard Harris' son. But the resemblance is obvious in hindsight.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Do you have a crush? It can only be Jared

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

dr_rat posted:

So no one ever answered that question on the first page, we are talking about the subway pedo right? Was he into acting before or after he was arrested?

If after, like the hell hollywood why even?

Not sure if you're serious. Pretty sure the earlier subway question was a joke. Jared Harris is not Jared Fogle, he is Jared Harris.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Not really, no.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i forgot how amazing this guy was in chernobyl. everything about that series loving rocks. he still very ugly though god drat

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
I think he is stoic and handsome. a fine aged red wine. I detest these accusation of ugliness against his character, because i look like him

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

He crushed it in The Crown, even though he looks nothing like the real George VI.

Also, I only learned a month ago that he's Richard Harris' son. But the resemblance is obvious in hindsight.

I had no idea that was the case... the film I mentioned (The Field) has Richard Harris as the main character. Not sure how I didn't make the connection because he does look a lot like his Dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Hear me out. A remake of Becket, with Harris as Thomas Becket and Benedict Cumberbatch as Henry II.