Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Love Stardew Valley, played a lot of Friends of Mineral Town as a kid but never played the OG of OG farming sims. I'm going to let you know how it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

why is the flower shop selling vegetables? that's not what their job is.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
I hope you get to play more.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Why controler have 3 handles people only have 2 hands lol typical nintendont :rolleyes:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

it's ok but honestly stardew valley is the peak of the farming life genre so if you've already played that I don't think you'll get much from it

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Nooner posted:

Why controler have 3 handles people only have 2 hands lol typical nintendont :rolleyes:

the middle one is to pleasure yourself with whilst gaming

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

it's ok but honestly stardew valley is the peak of the farming life genre so if you've already played that I don't think you'll get much from it

You might get some novelty out of the new town/characters and such if you've never played before. But otherwise yeah Stardew Valley is basically just a straight upgrade that does the entire experience but better.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
What do they called it Windows 95?

Because you turn 95 Degrees and meet the love of your life

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
u can get married by talking to the bar chick repeatedly while holing your dog

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
You need to keep getting yourself drunk so you can build up a tolerance and not make an rear end out of yourself at the festival.

No I don't remember any more detail then that since it's been 2 decades.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I still haven't played the first 63

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Go for Karen

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

steal wine from the winery with your jar

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

I played this game again a few years ago! I really recommend looking up some guides to make your life easier. It doesn’t have great tutorials built in, you were definitely supposed to read the booklet.

Think I married Ann and had terrible luck with weather. And one console crash while I was deep in the mine lol. True nostalgia.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It's no legend of the river king

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I sold that game for $110 like 5 years ago, no box no instructions. Afraid to look up the price now. You buy it used OP? You a rich guy?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Go for Karen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40APOPP455w

karen put me in a chair
gently caress me and make a drink
i've lost direction and i'm past my peak

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

kntfkr posted:

I sold that game for $110 like 5 years ago, no box no instructions. Afraid to look up the price now. You buy it used OP? You a rich guy?

hoyl poo poo are you serious

I think my mom still has my N64 and all my games in the attic somewhere

imagine selling someone some plastic and a computer board lol

they could have just got it on an emulator but NO I MUST OWN THE PHYSICAL PLASTIC AND TRANSISTOR CHIPS lmao

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

kntfkr posted:

Yeah. The only thing bigger than my bank account is my love and respect for the law.

AHH F/UGH posted:

they could have just got it on an emulator but NO

you are going to jail scum

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I tried Harvest Moon 69. Don't recommend it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

play the supoer nintendo one. If you want

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Enter Lefty's bar and knock on the door to the right. Give the password 'Ken sent me'. Walk up the stairs and take off your clothes. Wear the condom and then have sex with girl. After the short scene take off the condom and then climb out the window.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
My weird religious grandma bought me and my brother this game so I played it a poo poo ton. I lived in a rural farming area and talked about the game at school (3rd grade) and all my friends were mad jealous.

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

I bought the SNES one when it came out, just 4 crops & 2 animals, only a handful screens to explore in the game and the night never got past 7 PM or so. But it felt like anything was possible in the game, really seemed much bigger than it was at the time. After Terranigma that was my favorite game in 1996. I don't think 64 was released in Europe? BtN was however, which was OK, though I had a copy with that nasty marriage bug that softlocked the game every time you'd have a certain dialogue with the wife.
Stardew Valley really is peak farming sim/rpg gaming. I have 200+ hours in it which is a lot for me.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I'm barely struggling to keep all my RL plants alive, op. And now I'm supposed to take responsibility for digital agriculture business? Is this a joke?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Big Beef City posted:

I still haven't played the first 63

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

stardew valley doesn't have a frisbee game with your dog and neither does harvest moon 64, so you should probably just play friends of mineral town some more.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Dogmeat posted:

stardew valley doesn't have a frisbee game with your dog and neither does harvest moon 64, so you should probably just play friends of mineral town some more.

U have to wait till the second year for that and it’s stupid

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

runnypoops posted:

I haven't played this game since the nineties but I distinctly remember she says "Kyaah! I love this stuff!" when you give her something she likes. Like berries.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I was big in the Harvest Moon games since the original. They had some solid additions since, but after Magical Melody the devs kinda stopped giving a poo poo, a whole rights thing happened which is why Story of Seasons is the actual Harvest Moon while the publisher makes poo poo games under the Harvest Moon name for cash, and of course there's the whole thing about Stardew Valley coming out and actually progressing that genre into modern gaming and leaving that entire series in the dust.

It's funny that one of the most popular games in the series is a GBA remake of a PS1 game that shuffled around all the characters from 64.

Anyway I have fond memories of HM64, it's kinda dated now of course but it still has some cool charm, bizarre translation stuff since Natsume couldn't localize worth a drat (IIRC It was HM64 where they misspelled their own god drat company name in the loving title), and just weird-rear end touches in general that really make it shine.

Have fun OP.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

U have to wait till the second year for that and it’s stupid

I think you can play it on the first day of fall year 1, but he’s not big enough for the competition since it’s in summer.

Also I forgot you can enter your dog in a dog race in HM64, but you don’t even get the tiny amount of input you do with the frisbee game.

Maybe it runs better if you’ve been putting food in its bowl? I can’t remember.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

You can also totally cheat at the horse races by just not confirming your bet. That game is buggy as hell but it's also great fun

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

I haven't played this game since the nineties but I distinctly remember she says "Kyaah! I love this stuff!" when you give her something she likes. Like berries.

This is my top tip for wooing ladies IRL. My tinder profile picture is a punnet of almost-expired blueberries.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

You misspelled Rune Factory 4 there chief.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
the newest rune factory made me mad because you could romance every child in the game and none of the huge tittied ladies. really turned me off the game

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

AARD VARKMAN posted:

the newest rune factory made me mad because you could romance every child in the game and none of the huge tittied ladies. really turned me off the game

I swear it's like game developers just don't know what they're doing anymore!!!

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

runnypoops posted:

This doesn't work in real life

e: nvm, misread dog as hog

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Wifi Toilet posted:

This doesn't work in real life

e: nvm, misread dog as hog

They don’t usually let dogs in bars because of the government but I bet it would if they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Meme Poker Party posted:

I swear it's like game developers just don't know what they're doing anymore!!!

like if it was all 11 year olds it would all be (disgusting) but consistent character design. how do you make a game with big old adult titties and also obvious children and then make the children the ones you marry. Well that's not a real question, because it's not a real conversation you can have. God bless.