Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!

Darkwing_Duck posted:

v sad to hear the groon forums died, but I am pretty sure I was not required for anything to keep them running after I stopped playing EVE like 12 years ago.

yeah we just wanted to get in touch to get the keys but couldn't find ya. are you rich yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

admins: we gotta reign in the Kiwi Farms-esque stalking and mudslinging of pedophilia defending permabanned user Numismancer a bit.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

Darkwing_Duck posted:

yeah I had it comin, not too much, sup with you

Recently won eve again and made sure that I'll never relapse again before I commit a felony in GSF's name. Life's looking up.

Darkwing_Duck
Aug 22, 2002

Boldly going where no beer has gone before.

RustySeabutter posted:

yeah we just wanted to get in touch to get the keys but couldn't find ya. are you rich yet?

woof, sorry about that, I really thought it was all set up for someone else to keep alive, I didn't know I had any unique key at that point - I guess I dropped the ball there, and no definitely not rich

FatCow posted:

Recently won eve again and made sure that I'll never relapse again before I commit a felony in GSF's name. Life's looking up.

goongratulations, glad to hear it - everyone should win EVE, its so easy!

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Zodium posted:

admins: we gotta reign in the Kiwi Farms-esque stalking and mudslinging of pedophilia defending permabanned user Numismancer a bit.

He's permabanned. I only moderate things that happen on this site, and he's no longer a member of this site. Goonwaffe is no longer an SA group. As a colleague of mine put it, "smoke 'em if you got 'em" and lets move on.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Zodium posted:

nah there's a legitimate concern here, and it's not for mittani's delicate feelings.

For example, FNLN and a couple of other people were talking about going to the press. Well, if you want to do that, you need to go to the press with specifics of who did what and when, not with these redacted accounts of what happened. Not because the person writing the story is necessarily going to publish those details, but because they may need the specifics to verify the story. But a lot of those details should not be aired in public, and you can't really replicate that verification with open discussion in a thread because those details may be embarrassing or personally identifying for victims.

It's good to have a place where things that need to be handled in private can be handled in private, and this thread isn't that.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Cease to Hope posted:

nah there's a legitimate concern here, and it's not for mittani's delicate feelings.

For example, FNLN and a couple of other people were talking about going to the press. Well, if you want to do that, you need to go to the press with specifics of who did what and when, not with these redacted accounts of what happened. Not because the person writing the story is necessarily going to publish those details, but because they may need the specifics to verify the story. But a lot of those details should not be aired in public, and you can't really replicate that verification with open discussion in a thread because those details may be embarrassing or personally identifying for victims.

It's good to have a place where things that need to be handled in private can be handled in private, and this thread isn't that.

Yes, that is really well put!

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Kaysette posted:

Yes, that is really well put!

Can you highlight some posts that crossed the line? I don't think anyone has posted anything like that besides maybe Tinal.

Just trying to determine what we can continue to talk about, and what needs to be moved offsite.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Zodium posted:

Can you highlight some posts that crossed the line? I don't think anyone has posted anything like that besides maybe Tinal.

For what it's worth, I was specifically giving people advice on what info they'd need to go to press earlier. I probably should have emphasized to not post any of the sensitive details here!

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Cease to Hope posted:

For what it's worth, I was specifically giving people advice on what info they'd need to go to press earlier. I probably should have emphasized to not post any of the sensitive details here!

Yes. I quoted it and said it was a good post, and I don't think anybody did post sensitive details here?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Kaysette posted:

Well, this has been a wild week. My heart seriously goes out to everyone involved in this, especially the victims of the abuses that led us here. I'd like to give you all some updates on my end:
  • I edited the OP a tad to make it clear that Goonwaffe is no longer affiliated with SA, but did keep that part of the OP spoilered for historical purposes.
  • I added the Goosefleet info to the second post which can now act as a place for goons to find non-lovely groups to play with.
  • I spoke to Jeffrey of YOSPOS a bit over the weekend about all of this. The tl;dr is that getting rid of shitheads on SA is good, but we don't want this thread to turn into some kind of Kiwi Farms-esque stalking of people in the spaceship game.
Obviously we're gonna keep talking about this and the fallout from it since this is unprecedented in EVE and in goon game groups, but I'd like to try and reign in the mudslinging a bit. As it says in the MMO HMO rules, "If there is a serious issue with a goon that occurs offsite that would impact or endanger people here, please PM a mod/IK about it." If you do want to pursue direct action in-game against any of these banned/permabanned folks or start trying to draw media attention to it, I'd suggest starting a Discord server or something equivalent to organize outside of this thread.

I would like to address this part if I may, I’ve been the Spokes Goon being very very clear on Reddit that we do not hold with any of the stuff that they, Reddit, have been doing to brisc. I would do the same urging about the Mittani, he was a BAD leader who had no business having control of any internet corp/guild/d&d group, the power ate him, and lets be honest, eventually it eats everyone but dunc and his shield of lovelyness. That is an in game thing, he is gone, and I hope like hell he takes a holiday with his girl, gets a new dog and just gets some calm instead of biding his time brooding for his own sake.

I’ll say all that but I also don’t think he should still be making money off of us, no, I’m not going to be the only Poor in this thread outraged at that information, but that’s where it becomes a sticky wicket for the site and we have to respect that it’s not an issue that they want to see. Fair enough boss, fair dos.

People have been hurt, it’s not only a game, knickers to that sentiment. We are the lucky ones, this thread has seen a lot of apologising and healing of long open wounds, the guys who set up this reporting system in lightning fast time, no matter if it works, no matter their motives, have not had that. Some of these guys are victims too, the friends always get hurt, always, just let them get their heads together and if they don’t, rob them blind and burn Delve.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

tocooljim posted:

They are even banning people for fixing the wiki too.

:laffo:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Zodium posted:

Just trying to determine what we can continue to talk about, and what needs to be moved offsite.

That's fair, I don't think we have crossed any hard lines yet (except for the posts that obviously ate probes or bans already) but we're just worried about where to go from here. I'll fully admit that I'm trying to figure this out as we go, and I'm very down to talk through it and establish those boundaries together. I don't want this to seem like I'm coming in as an outsider and banning the word "mittani" like some kind of slur, since talking through this can be cathartic and helpful, not necessarily bad.

learnincurve posted:

I would like to address this part if I may, I’ve been the Spokes Goon being very very clear on Reddit that we do not hold with any of the stuff that they, Reddit, have been doing to brisc. I would do the same urging about the Mittani, he was a BAD leader who had no business having control of any internet corp/guild/d&d group, the power ate him, and lets be honest, eventually it eats everyone but dunc and his shield of lovelyness. That is an in game thing, he is gone, and I hope like hell he takes a holiday with his girl, gets a new dog and just gets some calm instead of biding his time brooding for his own sake.

I’ll say all that but I also don’t think he should still be making money off of us, no, I’m not going to be the only Poor in this thread outraged at that information, but that’s where it becomes a sticky wicket for the site and we have to respect that it’s not an issue that they want to see. Fair enough boss, fair dos.

People have been hurt, it’s not only a game, knickers to that sentiment. We are the lucky ones, this thread has seen a lot of apologising and healing of long open wounds, the guys who set up this reporting system in lightning fast time, no matter if it works, no matter their motives, have not had that. Some of these guys are victims too, the friends always get hurt, always, just let them get their heads together and if they don’t, rob them blind and burn Delve.

Thanks, I appreciate your perspective here. That stuff on Reddit is exactly what we don't want to see here, great example. It is pretty hosed that people will probably still be making money off this after getting the official boot from roles. You're right that it goes beyond the game.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Kaysette posted:

That's fair, I don't think we have crossed any hard lines yet (except for the posts that obviously ate probes or bans already) but we're just worried about where to go from here. I'll fully admit that I'm trying to figure this out as we go, and I'm very down to talk through it and establish those boundaries together. I don't want this to seem like I'm coming in as an outsider and banning the word "mittani" like some kind of slur, since talking through this can be cathartic and helpful, not necessarily bad.

Thanks, I appreciate your perspective here. That stuff on Reddit is exactly what we don't want to see here, great example. It is pretty hosed that people will probably still be making money off this after getting the official boot from roles. You're right that it goes beyond the game.

We're not gonna let you down, I promise. I'm on that poo poo too, I just made the same post as learnincurve here. And I would really appreciate if you would go ahead and edit out the Kiwi Farms mudslinging poo poo out of your post, because that is seriously a comparison well beyond the pale.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

esto es malo posted:

who is old guard here you are dangerously close to making mega bad posts, a thing i do not advise

lol. i fully support removing these people from community spaces, like SA. it's clear that the wider goonswarm community isn't fully on board with that idea so it's great that everyone stuck to their principles and left. having accomplished essentially everything you could with the actual power you wield, the thread has devolved into melodrama and you should stop encouraging fnln as he becomes increasingly manic

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Zodium posted:

We're not gonna let you down, I promise. I'm on that poo poo too, I just made the same post as learnincurve here. And I would really appreciate if you would go ahead and edit out the Kiwi Farms mudslinging poo poo out of your post, because that is seriously a comparison well beyond the pale.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that's what anyone here was doing yet. Cleaned it up a bit.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

:blessed: thank you

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Speaking of going public, Kaysette, since you've edited the first post and changed the title, it seems like you've got a grasp on whatever happened. Would you mind providing a précis?

If I undersell something here, please, tell me. I am not trying to minimize or defect, quite the opposite. I'm genuinely clueless - which is very awkward since I actually control who gets in and out of Goonwaffe, and no changes re recruiting have been implemented. But, uh, you've announced a change that I am not aware of!

I've tried searching by firstnamelastname's posts, and they fail on the intelligibility point. Also, a tremendous volume of the complaints and accusations seem to be (as best as I can tell) from literally before Goonwaffe existed. This doesn't excuse bad behavior, but adds the context that they've been fine with it for a decade plus. Seems like there was recent drama about people acting badly, and many people were purged, unfairly? And now there's been a dump of stuff. But I'm not clear on what the stuff is.

It seems like something substantiated finally came out about Xenuria? And he's been purged from Karmafleet?

There was an allegation that Goonwaffe leadership failed to properly action inappropriate attention directed towards an attendee of various meet ups. That one seems clear and intelligible, at least. It seems like that has been recognized as such and there's literally going to be an HR department for the video spaceship club.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

With respect to where we're going, we need the SA thread as a place to keep sharing stories and memories, from which to compile a concise information package to build a drum out of. That's it. We are sharing unstructured information that will be gently structured over the next weeks and months so we can get the story nice and straight. Nobody is doing any big bad kiwi farm gangstalking forums invasion, and any attempt to do so will be flamed.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Maneck posted:

Speaking of going public, Kaysette, since you've edited the first post and changed the title, it seems like you've got a grasp on whatever happened. Would you mind providing a précis?

If I undersell something here, please, tell me. I am not trying to minimize or defect, quite the opposite. I'm genuinely clueless - which is very awkward since I actually control who gets in and out of Goonwaffe, and no changes re recruiting have been implemented. But, uh, you've announced a change that I am not aware of!

I've tried searching by firstnamelastname's posts, and they fail on the intelligibility point. Also, a tremendous volume of the complaints and accusations seem to be (as best as I can tell) from literally before Goonwaffe existed. This doesn't excuse bad behavior, but adds the context that they've been fine with it for a decade plus. Seems like there was recent drama about people acting badly, and many people were purged, unfairly? And now there's been a dump of stuff. But I'm not clear on what the stuff is.

It seems like something substantiated finally came out about Xenuria? And he's been purged from Karmafleet?

There was an allegation that Goonwaffe leadership failed to properly action inappropriate attention directed towards an attendee of various meet ups. That one seems clear and intelligible, at least. It seems like that has been recognized as such and there's literally going to be an HR department for the video spaceship club.

Sorry you have to go through this Maneck.

Goonswarm and Waffe has cut ties with SA and no longer recruits from here. It's all in the fireside recording (It should be around here somewhere) Maybe someone could help with a link?

Goonwaffe is going to become a regular member corp that recruits from Eve. Existing members and former Waffe members have the same deal as before.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This ain’t it.

There is timing and there is context that means someone just searching for keywords isn’t going to get what FLNL has been about.

I am proud to say I’ve been by his side since page 7, not posting about the exact same issue as he has all the time no, but everything we have all done here has been about making the game safer for women and minorities, no matter what anyone tries to say.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Here's the tl;dr timeline I've seen in the thread. Feel free to correct anything in the OP but I heard in the latest fireside that SA membership is no longer required for Goonwaffe and that it would be just a regular member corp with no SA affiliation.

somedude34 posted:

Hey Guys, none of you know me, but I am one of the people in Delta Sqad that people tend to ask to get things done. I feel it's necessary to post our timeline of events to people so the facts of the situation can be judged fairly from our point of view and to help people process this last week's events. We are all in a place that nobody is happy about; it's like surveying your town after a hurricane blew through. I'm sure you have some pretty strong emotions about all this that you are still sorting through and it's important to take some time to grieve about that it's part of the healing process.

I would like to explain a bit how we got here so it can help people move forward.

On July 7th we had an incident on our discord server that involved kicking a person that at the time was just super annoying on discord. Later that night he was mouthing off to people in the fleet to the point where the FC kicked him, he later made a call-out thread in hell dump, saying we had Bully'd him out of the game, and told him to commit suicide, this is totally false everyone in fleet said no one wishes him any harm; they just wanted him to correct his behavior. At this time, after being berated and insulted by him, Mcwolf made a counter-call-out thread that showed how creepy he had been to her in PMs, I will spare you the details, but it was bad, really bad. This part is important. On July 7th this offender was kicked.

Late night, July 7th Cryo and I discussed this issue and more in PMs we both came to the conclusion that the org could do better to resolve these issues and we wanted to make a pitch for some structural changes to improve things. https://ibb.co/rHhbFHL https://ibb.co/dGTjDBn

July 8th, I spend the day writing the report cryo is going to present to ilum. I talk with a bunch of people from inside and outside the imperium and I feel vindicated in my belief that changes need to be made. I personally asked MCwolf and Daniel Onzo to write sort of harassment impact statements as a preamble to the report to hammer home why on an emotional level why changes need to be made I will include the second to the last draft of the report I wrote with the names redacted because some of the perpetrators have a delicate mental state and I would not like to see them being victims of harassment. https://privatebin.net/?7a3370b98ff4dd3c#BB4d8XvVHz99P2PrfwDaormMKcQBXLffDMUYfC8FA15j

July 9, Saturday morning the last 18 hours of the imperium as we knew it. A mid-day cryo messages me saying he presented our report to ilum and it was received well.

July 9, 6 pm, we are informed that MC Wolf was kicked and black-listed from the imperium. I am personally livid that I spent 24 writing a report on harassment only for them to kick one of the people testifying in the report. My last two sentences to the higher-ups are "If you shake this tree, you will not be able to control what falls out" and "By doing this you are going to start a nuclear meltdown is that is going to chain-react uncontrollably"

July 9th FNLN goes nuclear he holds 680 billion of member isk hostage. Delta comes to terms with the fact that we are going to get airlocked people, hop on discord coms to ask what's going on and we just sing closing time at them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGytDsqkQY8&ab_channel=SemisonicVEVO

On July 10th FNLN posts his chat logs with the Mittani. I will say this is the first time anyone in Delta other than FNLN has seen these. Things have now gone from us throwing a Molotov at city hall to a righteous crusade; the Rubicon has been crossed; there is no going back from this point, it's ride and die from us from here on out. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4006027&pagenumber=31&perpage=40#post524772360

July 10th Aldani's accusation comes forward on SA and Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/vvzgh3/gsf_leaders_sit_on_stalking_report_for_months_ban/

July 11th Aldani goes on New Eden post to make her accusations public. Side note this takes an extraordinary amount of courage. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1530144832?t=0h46m17s

July 12 Hezzy returns with chat logs of xenuria's pedophilia https://i.imgur.com/I8uS6bP.png

July 13th person comes forward with Facebook whisper network post about mittani https://i.imgur.com/wk2cP3Q.jpegjHq

July 13th A director disgusted by Mittani's behavior in the above Facebook post gives us Saturday illum logs https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4006027&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=62#post524820978

July 13th the Xenuria event happens https://soundcloud.com/new-eden-post/xenuria-confronts-hezzy https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4006027&pagenumber=71&perpage=40#post524828652

July 15th the Mittani steps down.

So there you have it, folks, that is the most official and correct timeline of events I can give you, what happens from here is up to all of us to choose a better path moving forward. I will also say I have spent nearly a week getting a crash course in the long-term fallout of harassment and abuse online and it sucks please don't do it and finally never suffer in silence talk to people let your feelings be known and don't let someone diminish you.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Zodium posted:

:blessed: thank you

Yeah Zodium, I would just like to say here that I haven’t posted in this thread for the past few days because I’ve been a little uncomfortable with what you are doing with FNLN. I’ve been in Delta discord for most of this last war, gotten to know FNLN and generally like him despite his uh… quirks.

What I see you doing here seems somewhat akin to a jockey riding a horse, swinging a crop, and not necessarily caring if the horse dies beneath him. I’m not saying you are doing that, I’m just saying as a guy who didn’t join Goonswarm until 2010, doesn’t know you, or your backstory or how you relate to Goonswarm. That’s what I’m seeing and I dont like it and I’m not comfortable with it, and I’m backing away from the thread because it’s not really who or what I want to be.

I think kaysette has done a really good job with an entire shitshow of a thread. So just in case no one else says it, Thank you Kaysette.

Regarding whatever monitization mittens gets, that’s not really a Goonswarm Federation thing. Endie or javajunky can attest since they built a lot of it. It was a thing certain people with the right skill set were hired on the side to do with mittens but it’s not like we saw the monthly financial statement from twitch on what mittens and brisc are making from INN. Just because you were part of mittani.com or INN or man furniture doesn’t mean you had any leadership role in GSF. It’s not really fair to demand GSF stop the monitization, we don’t have anything to do with mittens multidollar media empire. I guess ya’ll can talk to whoever creates content there now to move to another platform, but again, that’s an Eve thing not a GSF thing. We don’t ban people for participating in New Eden Post, Crying in Stations, or Thirsty Theta Thursday so I wouldn’t expect a GSF ban for doing things at INN.

Edit: And you are right Zodium that I’m institutional and pragmatic in nature. The places I’ve worked for my adult life are Raytheon, the US Army and Fortune 500 corporations. I’m not a burn it all down person. If I can make an org better tomorrow than it is today that’s how I do.

andromache fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 18, 2022

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Another actual EVE question from me - I've been sat in Jita with my alts for a few days looking at various options. I've seen quite a few mentions for wormhole squads and am definitely interested. The only slight hiccup is that since I rejoined the game I was training up a few cap alts and in the next few month or so I would finally be able to fly a carrier/fax/dread.

Dropping these accounts is an option obviously, but I will admit I was looking forward to using (read: dying stupidly in) them. I don't know much about wormholes- from what I understand you can move caps into C5 holes only? Is there much call for these ships in a wormhole group. Or if I want to use them in anger am I pretty much consigned to joining a null block? I was also looking into joining Brave but I'm not sure if they have much of a cap fleet/get to use it often.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

definitely been a lot of manic energy the last few days as well, might be good to take a beat

the shitstorm ain't goin' anywhere

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
To be clear, the fireside’s declaration of cutting ties to SA sounded like it was very much still in an “in principle” phase of planning, and there was no concrete positive vision of a new thing Goonwaffe was going to become. I don’t think any specific policy changes have been formally executed yet.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Darkwing_Duck posted:

hey man, sorry but I have no recollection of what you're talking about, but sorry for being a jerk!

I've not idea what you're on about but sup Rusty

Hey Hoe.

Why are the Groon forums dead anyway?

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

RustySeabutter posted:

gently caress, Rusty! Good to see you - lots of fond memories of you herding cats in syndicate. Hope you're doing well man.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
what we are doing to FNLN eh...? you're thinking that the emotional response the man is expressing, is something external to the actual psychological scars inflicted upon him. it is my doing, you are correcto

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Maneck posted:

You don’t need to change anything with how you recruit until you hear anything different from theAdj or whoever the new permanent CEO is (cough Calanthe cough).

I’m not changing my activity/purging practices until I’m told different by the new CEO.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I think there is a deep concern that he might still make money off of goonswarm for a variety of reasons, but from a SA goon’s perspective it’s because he’s never been one of us, and if he’s using our name for gain after being forum banned then that’s not right.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

NtotheTC posted:

Another actual EVE question from me - I've been sat in Jita with my alts for a few days looking at various options. I've seen quite a few mentions for wormhole squads and am definitely interested. The only slight hiccup is that since I rejoined the game I was training up a few cap alts and in the next few month or so I would finally be able to fly a carrier/fax/dread.

Dropping these accounts is an option obviously, but I will admit I was looking forward to using (read: dying stupidly in) them. I don't know much about wormholes- from what I understand you can move caps into C5 holes only? Is there much call for these ships in a wormhole group. Or if I want to use them in anger am I pretty much consigned to joining a null block? I was also looking into joining Brave but I'm not sure if they have much of a cap fleet/get to use it often.

I'm also basically in the same boat as you. I have a carrier and it's my crowning achievement in this dumb game, and it would be fun to get killed in it in some stupid way but idk how wormholes work.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
https://discord.gg/x39z3G6H

NtotheTC posted:

I don’t know how to discord so this is new goose corp discord or my kindly boss is going to get a surprise. Very much in planning, looking like hole squad getting back together and no sov stuff.

https://discord.gg/x39z3G6H

Darkwing_Duck
Aug 22, 2002

Boldly going where no beer has gone before.

Bilirubin posted:

Hey Hoe.

Why are the Groon forums dead anyway?

v0v apparently our hosting was cancelled many years ago (a kind goon had hosted it for us and had moved on) and I was the only one with the privileges to deal with that issue, but I did not know that, so my bad

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

andromache posted:

Yeah Zodium, I would just like to say here that I haven’t posted in this thread for the past few days because I’ve been a little uncomfortable with what you are doing with FNLN. I’ve been in Delta discord for most of this last war, gotten to know FNLN and generally like him despite his uh… quirks.

What I see you doing here seems somewhat akin to a jockey riding a horse, swinging a crop, and not necessarily caring if the horse dies beneath him. I’m not saying you are doing that, I’m just saying as a guy who didn’t join Goonswarm until 2010, doesn’t know you, or your backstory or how you relate to Goonswarm. That’s what I’m seeing and I dont like it and I’m not comfortable with it, and I’m backing away from the thread because it’s not really who or what I want to be.

I think kaysette has done a really good job with an entire shitshow of a thread. So just in case no one else says it, Thank you Kaysette.

Regarding whatever monitization mittens gets, that’s not really a Goonswarm Federation thing. Endie or javajunky can attest since they built a lot of it. It was a thing certain people with the right skill set were hired on the side to do with mittens but it’s not like we saw the monthly financial statement from twitch on what mittens and brisc are making from INN. Just because you were part of mittani.com or INN or man furniture doesn’t mean you had any leadership role in GSF. It’s not really fair to demand GSF stop the monitization, we don’t have anything to do with mittens multidollar media empire. I guess ya’ll can talk to whoever creates content there now to move to another platform, but again, that’s an Eve thing not a GSF thing. We don’t ban people for participating in New Eden Post, Crying in Stations, or Thirsty Theta Thursday so I wouldn’t expect a GSF ban for doing things at INN.

Edit: And you are right Zodium that I’m institutional and pragmatic in nature. The places I’ve worked for my adult life are Raytheon, the US Army and Fortune 500 corporations. I’m not a burn it all down person. If I can make an org better tomorrow than it is today that’s how I do.

Nobody is saying people should be banned for being part of INN. People (at least I am) are saying that INN should be demonetized because YouTube/Twitch have a pretty hard line against allowing serial sexual abusers on their platform (however spotty that enforcement may be), and thus they (Twitch/YouTube) deserve to be alerted that they're allowing those sort of people on their platform.

That is 100% a thing that has been done via SA threads in the past.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 18, 2022

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

andromache posted:

NGL after Zodiums own admissions here I’m not 100% comfortable with him helping be a solution to the problems.

I’m on the outside pissing in at this point and Atrum is on the inside, and we both agree.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Mods: rename this thread to the pedoswarm expose and fully divorce the OP from any recruitment to this shithole of a guild, and make is bannable to attempt to recruit this snakepit. Someone make a new actual thread about eve the game with guilds for people who aren't assholes. Its time to sever any connection with this guild, a guild which is both incredibly toxic and an actual corporation who is probably liable for a multitude of literal crimes.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

andromache posted:

You can go ahead and relax your concerned posture. Between RoyofCA and Vile and now all this garbage, I've had quite enough death and sadness for an internet spaceship game, or anything. I really do hope FNLN takes it easy, especially given the situation he posted about with his dad, and I hope my efforts to structure the information he's brought to light helps him feel comfortable doing that. I'll stop saying "get his rear end," which on reflection was probably ill considered. Have you disavowed Alex yet?

I am happy to step away, though.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

definitely been a lot of manic energy the last few days as well, might be good to take a beat

the shitstorm ain't goin' anywhere

:hmmyes:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Darkwing_Duck posted:

v0v apparently our hosting was cancelled many years ago (a kind goon had hosted it for us and had moved on) and I was the only one with the privileges to deal with that issue, but I did not know that, so my bad

As long as it wasn't a death from embarrassment from the posts in the Groon shirts thread. pBump delivered some goods there iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

If we're going to have an eve thread feel like the only mention of the imperium or goonswarm in it should state that they are no longer affiliated in any way with something awful and that they are a toxic organization that openly allows and covers for harassers.

I don't really see that it's possible to rehabilitate repair or reclaim anything going on with those organizations at this point.