Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Carth Dookie posted:

to this day I'm still pissed we didn't go with Checkbox coalition over the Imperium.

edit: a terrible top of page post. Fitting.

This, and even after Imperium won the name game they could have salavged it had they adopted my Three Wolf Moon logo

e. and I shamefully missed an opportunity to add a goatse smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Lmao I want that on a t-shirt anyway

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
I didn’t come back to Eve for a while after hearing we were called the imperium partially for that reason. The war hammer nerds are just so exhausting sometimes and it was never what goonswarm was about

Just started reading empires of Eve vol 2 , and I gotta give it to Andrew, he’s right on the nose on how it felt like we’d beat the game after disbanding bob and taking delve and there was nothing left to do

Karttoon was always right.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Bilirubin posted:

This, and even after Imperium won the name game they could have salavged it had they adopted my Three Wolf Moon logo

e. and I shamefully missed an opportunity to add a goatse smdh

Besides its few regulars with absolutely zero posting impulse control, Elysium's chat has been lit up with all kinds of bad to awful suggestions since the last Fireside, as to what to dub the new alliance which will hold all the GSF alt-corps. This or its goatsified variant telegraphs that function perfectly.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Besides its few regulars with absolutely zero posting impulse control, Elysium's chat has been lit up with all kinds of bad to awful suggestions since the last Fireside, as to what to dub the new alliance which will hold all the GSF alt-corps. This or its goatsified variant telegraphs that function perfectly.

Wait, we're doing that? why?

The whole point of an altcorp is to do your dirt in highsec without worrying about wardecs. Putting all the altcorps in an easily identifiable and wardeccable alliance defeats the point entirely

just give it the stupidest loving name possible because nobody with two brain cells is actually going to join it unless they're forced to do so

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ullerrm posted:

The whole point of an altcorp is to do your dirt in highsec without worrying about wardecs. Putting all the altcorps in an easily identifiable and wardeccable alliance defeats the point entirely

just give it the stupidest loving name possible because nobody with two brain cells is actually going to join it unless they're forced to do so

If you don’t own sov or structures then the alliance can’t be wardec’d,

Which I guess means maybe alt-Corp owned structures are not ok now? Idk

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Someone let me know if I have to move mine out of YMCA tho

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Someone let me know if I have to move mine out of YMCA tho

Like you'd ever login

Coward

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

ullerrm posted:

I think it's something to do with hacking, like only the alliance that owns the node can hack it so in order to help our allies, the sov will be owned by this alt corp? Or something I might be confusing it with something else I have no understanding of how sov works

tays revenge
Aug 29, 2009

I'm gonna start playing again because I'm stupid

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

ullerrm posted:

It's for security reasons. An GSF alt-corp controlled by a spai could drop structures in GSF space that anchor quickly thanks to ADM's working in favor of the owning Alliance. This nearly happened during the last war.

You're fundamentally confused here because the alt-corps were wardeccable in GSF in the first place. Alt-corps that exist in HS are not effected by this change. This is only for people's personal nullsec alt-corps (e.g. industrial players).

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Oh yeah anchors take longer, that’s right

Nice!

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I am proud to say I have not played this game since 2016. (ok, I might have played for 5 minutes in 2018)

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Cimber posted:

I am proud to say I have not played this game since 2016. (ok, I might have played for 5 minutes in 2018)

Eve is fun if you're in an actually good corporation, especially one that plays other games together too :sun:

PS: Amokdotte is recruiting

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

So, update on NW as I'm not sure how many know what's going on there especially if ignoring reddit.

Over the past 18 months or so, a neutral area of space in the NW has been growing in popularity/strength/etc. Initially Volta and a few other small groups making up the "GTC" they added a new alliance "We form Blob" which was initially meant as a Volta training alliance but grew out into it's own thing with legit corps joining. Also in the area were Banderlogs (russian speaking group) and more recently Brave. Pure Blind became one of the most interesting places in Eve with Volta/GTC shooting Brave shooting banderlogs with frequent skirmishes from frat and periodic fights with snuffed. Goons and other groups have periodically tried to have a fight club area or neutral places, but this grew organically and seemed to work out weirdly well. With the exception of Brave, this was also made up of alliances that had not taken sides in WWB2 and were neutral to the whole galaxy (Brave is now neutral to everyone as well).

A couple months ago, a new alliance formed out of ex-SkillU players that had mostly been retired (or in other groups) and acted very much like they'd been hired to soften up Volta for an invasion. They spent a ton of time creating timers, trying to take ihubs, reffing JB's, etc. Then a few weeks ago, Frat cancelled their "we don't want to go any further west" policy and started trying to take sov in Pure Blind. They picked the weakest entity to attack first (Banderlogs) and had some success, but it's also pretty clear to everyone living in the area that even though we were all neutral: nobody could remotely stand up to Frat on their own. So groups that usually shot banderlogs at every opportunity joined up to help them defend, and more defensive coordination started getting discussed and planned if Frat came further west.

SkillU (what everyone calls them because the real alliance name is like 40 random letters in a row) weren't having success on their own, so Frat started helping them more directly including anchoring citadels in Chinese TZ for them to use.

This sort of persisted in a "Frat is coming, but when will they actually come full bore?" state for a few weeks, until Goons announced their invasion in the south along with their supercap fleet. Frat were apparently very nervous about Init interference (we aren't friends, but we aren't enemies either), and took the opportunity to declare their own war of invasion. It officially kicked off a few days ago with them anchoring a keep in SkillU's staging in Pure Blind (Roir) and a couple forts scattered about. Volta then anchored a fort in Branch to use as a staging to start harassing the renters more directly and Frat called a full CTA, spent the night moving their super fleet, and bat phoned 150 NCDot as well as SkillU and also (weirdly?) deepwater hooligans. We had 750ish w/ no cap support and were game for jumping in outnumbered, but with 1200ish in system including a super fleet, faxes, etc and them setting up on the gate w/ fighters we ended up just peacing out and letting the uncored Fort die.

From here on out, it gets interesting. Will the concept of a neutral mid size coalition manage to survive/be viable? Can that exist in Eve today? What kind of support will Frat continue to get from Papi? What will happen for motivation and numbers on both sides as this war grinds on? Frat has a ridiculous numbers/super advantage, but they are attacking from CN TZ into EU TZ which can be tough (their CN TZ had to stay up until 4 AM on a work night to kill the onlining fort today).

Reddit has already started to see various propaganda from both sides, so I guess we'll see where things go from here.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Lying to your line members in order to get them to form sounds like a fantastic way to wreck your fleet numbers over the long term. I vaguely recall some sort of cautionary tale about where someone lied about something repeatedly and then in the end noone believed him and it ended up going badly for him

e: war this guys corp instead VVVVVVVVVVV

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jul 4, 2022

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Vilgan posted:

[A great update on the NW Galactic war that's brewing]

Thanks for sharing your insight, it's interesting to have the backstory. I also have something dark, and terrible, to share with you....

https://logpaste.com/RWRZRzgw

My corpmate uWu'ified your poast so now I'm going to make you relive this too :negative:

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Mederlock posted:

Thanks for sharing your insight, it's interesting to have the backstory. I also have something dark, and terrible, to share with you....

My corpmate uWu'ified your poast so now I'm going to make you relive this too :negative:

gently caress you

tays revenge
Aug 29, 2009

TheWeedNumber posted:

gently caress you

Rude.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Mederlock posted:

I know exactly who is responsible for this :negative:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TheWeedNumber posted:

gently caress you

"Inyit intewfewence ^-^ (we awen't fwiends, ÚwÚ but we *notices buldge* awen't enyemies eithew :wink:)"

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Vilgan posted:

also (weirdly?) deepwater hooligans

yeah im on vacation so i didnt know until it was over but i am very mad that we are doing this

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

CainFortea posted:

The fact that Over Reaction Coalition (ORC) failed is a travesty and Mittens should be flogged for it.

I still miss CFC, but I understand it's hard to create a multi-dollar media empire off the back of something with a no-no word.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

if y'all aren't calling the altcorp Faternity you're missing out

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

farternity

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Wait are we not blue to Init anymore or something?

Who is the “we” in the post referencing

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

init just invaded quierious

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Vilgan is not in the Imperium because they're elite or something idk

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Mederlock posted:

shut up

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

If you are talking about my post, it's the V0lta pov.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

yeah im on vacation so i didnt know until it was over but i am very mad that we are doing this

Any context on why? Seemed like a strange move for one of the other neutral entities to take.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Vilgan posted:

If you are talking about my post, it's the V0lta pov.

Ah got it

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Friends got me to install and play this game again. It’s been over a decade since I last logged in, rip all my stuff.

Anything fun to do in highsec now a days? The thought of returning to nullsec makes my stomach churn, and makes me wanna drink. I’m an old man now, can’t cope with that any more at all :negative:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Durendal posted:

Friends got me to install and play this game again. It’s been over a decade since I last logged in, rip all my stuff.

Anything fun to do in highsec now a days? The thought of returning to nullsec makes my stomach churn, and makes me wanna drink. I’m an old man now, can’t cope with that any more at all :negative:

Never in the history of EVE has highsec been "good"

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Durendal posted:

Ask anyways, the GMs might bend over backwards to try and get your account back, your stuff should be in lowsec or highsec somewhere if the station the stuff was in got exploded. Highsec is semi ok if you like mission running and getting ganked while mission running.

Haha no, highsec has a poo poo ton of people that like to use neutral reps and alts and so forth and so forth. You might get ganked just for being new. Or get recruited to someone who just wants to tax you.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
A good time was had tonight. We went after one after a Sotiya that was in abandoned by a Papi renter. We had a hell of a fight but got pushed off it by Papi.

Papi then proceeds to start killing it because....... well they are assholes

We form up a 100 man shuttle fleet and get in the system just as it pops and begin looting everything. We got a ton of poo poo out including capitals. Papi blew at last count 90 Billion isk of ships that we were stealing. lol

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Vilgan posted:

So, update on NW as I'm not sure how many know what's going on there especially if ignoring reddit.

Over the past 18 months or so, a neutral area of space in the NW has been growing in popularity/strength/etc. Initially Volta and a few other small groups making up the "GTC" they added a new alliance "We form Blob" which was initially meant as a Volta training alliance but grew out into it's own thing with legit corps joining. Also in the area were Banderlogs (russian speaking group) and more recently Brave. Pure Blind became one of the most interesting places in Eve with Volta/GTC shooting Brave shooting banderlogs with frequent skirmishes from frat and periodic fights with snuffed. Goons and other groups have periodically tried to have a fight club area or neutral places, but this grew organically and seemed to work out weirdly well. With the exception of Brave, this was also made up of alliances that had not taken sides in WWB2 and were neutral to the whole galaxy (Brave is now neutral to everyone as well).

A couple months ago, a new alliance formed out of ex-SkillU players that had mostly been retired (or in other groups) and acted very much like they'd been hired to soften up Volta for an invasion. They spent a ton of time creating timers, trying to take ihubs, reffing JB's, etc. Then a few weeks ago, Frat cancelled their "we don't want to go any further west" policy and started trying to take sov in Pure Blind. They picked the weakest entity to attack first (Banderlogs) and had some success, but it's also pretty clear to everyone living in the area that even though we were all neutral: nobody could remotely stand up to Frat on their own. So groups that usually shot banderlogs at every opportunity joined up to help them defend, and more defensive coordination started getting discussed and planned if Frat came further west.

SkillU (what everyone calls them because the real alliance name is like 40 random letters in a row) weren't having success on their own, so Frat started helping them more directly including anchoring citadels in Chinese TZ for them to use.

This sort of persisted in a "Frat is coming, but when will they actually come full bore?" state for a few weeks, until Goons announced their invasion in the south along with their supercap fleet. Frat were apparently very nervous about Init interference (we aren't friends, but we aren't enemies either), and took the opportunity to declare their own war of invasion. It officially kicked off a few days ago with them anchoring a keep in SkillU's staging in Pure Blind (Roir) and a couple forts scattered about. Volta then anchored a fort in Branch to use as a staging to start harassing the renters more directly and Frat called a full CTA, spent the night moving their super fleet, and bat phoned 150 NCDot as well as SkillU and also (weirdly?) deepwater hooligans. We had 750ish w/ no cap support and were game for jumping in outnumbered, but with 1200ish in system including a super fleet, faxes, etc and them setting up on the gate w/ fighters we ended up just peacing out and letting the uncored Fort die.

From here on out, it gets interesting. Will the concept of a neutral mid size coalition manage to survive/be viable? Can that exist in Eve today? What kind of support will Frat continue to get from Papi? What will happen for motivation and numbers on both sides as this war grinds on? Frat has a ridiculous numbers/super advantage, but they are attacking from CN TZ into EU TZ which can be tough (their CN TZ had to stay up until 4 AM on a work night to kill the onlining fort today).

Reddit has already started to see various propaganda from both sides, so I guess we'll see where things go from here.

I don’t understand a single word of this.

Who do I tackle? Besides my FC, ofc :colbert:

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Raged posted:

A good time was had tonight. We went after one after a Sotiya that was in abandoned by a Papi renter. We had a hell of a fight but got pushed off it by Papi.

Papi then proceeds to start killing it because....... well they are assholes

We form up a 100 man shuttle fleet and get in the system just as it pops and begin looting everything. We got a ton of poo poo out including capitals. Papi blew at last count 90 Billion isk of ships that we were stealing. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGhxnWTj1vg

Turk182
Feb 28, 2009
The only way CCP could possibly save this game is to reset it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Turk182 posted:

The only way CCP could possibly save this game is to reset it.

pirates of the burning sea used to do that

it turns out that organized groups stay organized even when all their poo poo gets deleted, so they just win every reset