Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

wuggles posted:

the Queen

This is very polite but you can just call me Rarity :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Zil posted:

Now that gay pride month is over, now begins gay wrath month. :getin:

Holding out for gay lust month, personally

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

early inconsequential Nirvana Institute spoiler I wanted to use the screenshot where whatever character it is says "It's LGBTQ+!" but it hasn't made it online yet and I didn't snap it

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

wuggles posted:

I am not interested in the Europe/Oceania release of AI2 since I am currently playing the North American release :wooper:

oh okay for a second there it felt like a noctis db2

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

not wugglin anybody. only df's here

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

AI2 is really great so far, minus one not so good Somnium.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So excited for Stray, and Xenoblade 3 this month.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm excited to post that dunkey video more often

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Gunvolt, Klonoa, and Xenoblade this month. Very busy

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Ometeotl posted:

AI2 is really great so far, minus one not so good Somnium.

The Somniums are usually not my favorite thing to do but this one has some real bangers (the quiz show and pokemon go and naix)

I just started as mizuki about 8 hours in if that helps you decide to click those spoilers

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finished Ori, turned out the bit it crashed on was literally the end of the game but I had a whole unexplored area left.

I was 100% on the owls side after the revelation that the light just blasted her kids to dust for existing.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

So hype for live-a-live remake

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

FirstAidKite posted:

Same OP. It's rad that they made individual trailers for each of the time periods as well.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Too bad they shaved not-hulk-hogan's mustache though

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I can't find an Inscryption thread, so I'm gonna post here that I just finished Inscryption after finding out about it a week ago, and it's so disgustingly good that I'm ashamed I missed it. Completely off my radar until someone brought it up on a tangent in the PS5 thread. How the hell did that happen? I can only guess that I read a review blurb that mentioned it was a card game roguelite and promptly forgot about it. I guess this post is a PSA: don't be like me, play Inscryption. Even if you think you'd hate a card game roguelite, play Inscryption. If you have a PC and a pulse, play Inscryption.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It was popular a minute ago, but a lot people bounced on it because they wanted a pure cardgame not some meta nonsense

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I want the meta nonsense. It's on my computer I just need to sit down and play it. Too many games!

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

acksplode posted:

I can't find an Inscryption thread, so I'm gonna post here that I just finished Inscryption after finding out about it a week ago, and it's so disgustingly good that I'm ashamed I missed it. Completely off my radar until someone brought it up on a tangent in the PS5 thread. How the hell did that happen? I can only guess that I read a review blurb that mentioned it was a card game roguelite and promptly forgot about it. I guess this post is a PSA: don't be like me, play Inscryption. Even if you think you'd hate a card game roguelite, play Inscryption. If you have a PC and a pulse, play Inscryption.

I really liked this game, my only complaint is that as soon as you feel like you're getting into the swing of the systems it changes everything completely. This is a great storytelling move but takes a little wind out of the gameplay sails. I guess I just want it to be longer.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

It was popular a minute ago, but a lot people bounced on it because they wanted a pure cardgame not some meta nonsense

that's fair but i loved it the whole way through the pokemon tcg gameboy gameboy homage part rocked to me, but the beginning card game rules and it's fair people would just want that

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Gaius Marius posted:

it is a pure cardgame, three in fact

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Inscryption has a slightly middling last third but is otherwise a really excellent game, even if you're like me and don't like card games all that much.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

They did add a DLC to Inscryption that's jus the first card game loop, with modifier options. I do guess it lacks some content since it's the sam 4 bosses everytime, just shuffled save the las boss.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

FirstAidKite posted:

In the early 00s, when I first discovered I could play every SNES game for free, Live a Live was definitely a stand out. Unfortunately it fell victim to the curse of me having so much choice, so I never finished it. Perhaps now, nigh on 20 years later, this will change.

Unless they do something stupid like charge 40 dollars for it or something

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I really liked this game, my only complaint is that as soon as you feel like you're getting into the swing of the systems it changes everything completely. This is a great storytelling move but takes a little wind out of the gameplay sails. I guess I just want it to be longer.

I could've played the middle act where you have access to all four poles of the card system for several more hours. I only got to pursue a couple deck strategies before getting dumped into the third act's rough start and that was def unsatisfying. But yeah it's a good storytelling move, that pulled me through. It helps that the card game fundamentals are good so the baseline fun level is pretty high. Most of the time I was in awe at mechanics getting introduced or remixed yet again to great effect.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Trials of Mana was about $40 USD on launch, IIRC, so I'd guess it'd be around that price point or a little less. It is a fairly meaty game, especially since I imagine they'll flesh out the final act more.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

da games so far for 2022

not for broadcast
FFXIV
lost ark
elden ring
multiversus
tiny tina's wonderlands
dragon's dogma
DNF duel
monster hunter rise: sunbreak

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Whizzing Wizard posted:

In the early 00s, when I first discovered I could play every SNES game for free, Live a Live was definitely a stand out. Unfortunately it fell victim to the curse of me having so much choice, so I never finished it. Perhaps now, nigh on 20 years later, this will change.

It’s $50 iirc

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
worth every penny

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i still gotta play not for broadcast

i already sort of have a playlist for this month, the main 2022 games on the docket are Cuphead DLC and Grapple Dog. then i have 2021 games Okinawa Rush, Cleo: a Pirate's Tale, and Alekon

and i may play one of the maze-RPGs i got in the steam sale, whether it's Labyrinth of Touhou 2, or Stranger of Sword City, or Infinite Adventures

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jul 1, 2022

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is it pronounced live a live/live a live/live a live or live a live

e: thank you
vvv

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jul 1, 2022

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
correct, it is pronounced live a live

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Rarity posted:

This is very polite but you can just call me Stinkity :)

if you insist

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

acksplode posted:

I could've played the middle act where you have access to all four poles of the card system for several more hours. I only got to pursue a couple deck strategies before getting dumped into the third act's rough start and that was def unsatisfying. But yeah it's a good storytelling move, that pulled me through. It helps that the card game fundamentals are good so the baseline fun level is pretty high. Most of the time I was in awe at mechanics getting introduced or remixed yet again to great effect.

Yeah, it's honestly as much a compliment as a complaint, I thought everything they tried worked really well and they tried a LOT of stuff.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Long I sounds, like 'alive'.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I can only assume DNF Duel is the long awaited multiplayer mode for Duke Nukem Forever

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It isn’t?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

wuggles posted:

The Somniums are usually not my favorite thing to do but this one has some real bangers (the quiz show and pokemon go and naix)

I just started as mizuki about 8 hours in if that helps you decide to click those spoilers

I'm a bit further than that and yeah most of them have been pretty great.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It stands for Dungeon fighteN onlinF

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Whizzing Wizard posted:

I can only assume DNF Duel is the long awaited multiplayer mode for Duke Nukem Forever

it's a dungeon fighter themed fighting game featuring such classic characters as "the holy guy", "the ghost arm guy", and "the lady with enormous boobs twitter keeps posting"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
ya it looks pretty sick tbh