Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
July 2022: F*ck You I Won't Do The Bare Minimum Expected of an Elected Official

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's a holiday weekend, it should be Grilling In The Name.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

maffew buildings posted:

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1542936979716857856?t=VLdZUEX8cI9JAFVtabwz2g&s=01

HELL YEAH when people said we need Joe because he knows the system and can get things done they weren't wrong!

Someone knew exactly what they were doing when they chose that picture of the turtle because he is absolutely laughing at getting a chudge on the bench for life while still in the minority in exchange for something that will go away in 2024.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Some of those that made sauces
were the same that burnt sausages

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bird food bathtub posted:

Someone knew exactly what they were doing when they chose that picture of the turtle because he is absolutely laughing at getting a chudge on the bench for life while still in the minority in exchange for something that will go away in 2024.

poo poo, if Biden has a vacancy on the scrotus to fill in the next couple of years Moscow Mitch will either block it until 2028 or get himself nominated.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

On the flipside SCOTUS declaring tribal land sovereignty isn't real means that there's a very high possibility cop on cop violence will soon be a popular new attraction in the midwest.

$40 billion for lethal aid to tribal police

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Statistically speaking I think native Americans are the most over represented demographics in the military and combat arms specifically, and reservations are almost entirely in rugged, rural regions and have an existing parallel political and police structure already set up so it seems like a bad minority for the reactionaries and state police to pick a fight with. But what do I know I don’t spend all day jerking myself raw over the 14 words like Alito or the average state trooper.

In any case it’s an outrageous insult to a group of people who’ve already put up with a lot of poo poo, it seems like the right are teeing them up to see if they take as another culture war target, I think that turd Crowder has started in on them now.

goomsnarr
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah, yeah...
Back in April, the UK SAS & SBS received some XM556's; light weight miniguns. Vehicle mounted baby brrrrrrrtts.
Not very current news I suppose, except one thing.

I live not so far from a training area/ranges and every so often I can hear them. Usually with some .50 cal joining in.
It's amazing.
Not a sound I expected to hear around here.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1541389145293131776

URL ends in 1776 :patriot:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
:cripes:

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

She needs to GO THE gently caress AWAY from the spotlight and enjoy her retirement as a multimillionaire. Her name is toxic and she lost to a sentient fascist orange peel. If it had been anyone but her, the Dems would've won.

I don't understand why all these rich assholes (her, Schumer, Pelosi, McConnell, any older Senator or Congress person) don't retire and enjoy what few years they have left on this planet traveling the world, eating great food, drinking expensive wine, spending time with their grandkids, and just being happy. I think their brains are permanently broken. Maybe they're addicted to whatever level of power they have, and they wouldn't give it up for anything. I don't know.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Bored As gently caress posted:

Maybe they're addicted to whatever level of power they have

the entitlement in "it's her turn" wasn't enough of a clue? :v:

like these clowns can't fathom that people don't like them or that they're toxic. they're the greatest people in the world

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Zamujasa posted:

the entitlement in "it's her turn" wasn't enough of a clue? :v:

like these clowns can't fathom that people don't like them or that they're toxic. they're the greatest people in the world

the dems are reinforcing my idea that they don't actually want to win because winning means they have to do something other than four years of fundraising

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Why yes, the one candidate that was lovely enough to lose to Trump. Let's roll her back out. It will definitely go better this time.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Bored As gently caress posted:

She needs to GO THE gently caress AWAY from the spotlight and enjoy her retirement as a multimillionaire. Her name is toxic and she lost to a sentient fascist orange peel. If it had been anyone but her, the Dems would've won.

I don't understand why all these rich assholes (her, Schumer, Pelosi, McConnell, any older Senator or Congress person) don't retire and enjoy what few years they have left on this planet traveling the world, eating great food, drinking expensive wine, spending time with their grandkids, and just being happy. I think their brains are permanently broken. Maybe they're addicted to whatever level of power they have, and they wouldn't give it up for anything. I don't know.

They’re addicted to the feeling that they know what’s best for everyone.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
There reaaaaally fuckin needs to be a hard age-limit on all political posittions. If you're over 60 just gently caress off, please.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

There reaaaaally fuckin needs to be a hard age-limit on all political posittions. If you're over 60 just gently caress off, please.

Logan's Hobble

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Hannibal Rex posted:

Logan's Hobble

Make anyone trying to run for office over 60 complete a 5k fun run full of hip breaking obstacles like loose chihuahuas and an intersection of scattered fisher price toys.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I was thinking more like

https://youtu.be/DwD7f5ZWhAk

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

quote:

Juan Williams is an author, and a political analyst for Fox News Channel.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

I can get behind that.

And push.

E: apparently someone shot a bunch of kentucky cops last night?

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jul 2, 2022

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

A.o.D. posted:

Why yes, the one candidate that was lovely enough to lose to Trump. Let's roll her back out. It will definitely go better this time.

Juan Williams is, as stated before, a Fox talking head. He also got fired from NPR for bigoted poo poo. Also Hillary Clinton has not expressed any desire to run again and the idea is a Republican fever dream which you can see if you're a reader of the Politoons thread where the right wing doodlers there have been going ANY DAY NOW for her resurgence for years.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

:cripes::hf::cripes:
She and Bill just need to go to the golden age rest home. Draft John Fetterman.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Here's the link on the kentucky cop shooting.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/kentucky-officers-killed-hurt-gunman-opened-fire-home/story?id=86076193

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

it was almost a feel-good story until I got to the bit where they lost a dog as well

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

it was almost a feel-good story until I got to the bit where they lost a dog as well

Police dogs are class traitors.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Leon county school board approved their new lbgtq+ policy even though 100% of the people who came to the meeting spoke out against it.

Included in the policy is a new parental notification procedure. If any student is open about their gender identity, the school will notify every single parent of any student that is in PE or goes on any overnight field trip with them via a form letter. Bunch of bad poo poo definitely not gonna happen because of this.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
On the subject of cops, I hadn't heard of this one:
"LAPD officer who died was beaten in training, mother claims
A Los Angeles police officer who died of neck injuries suffered during training had been beaten by fellow officers in an exercise meant to “simulate a mob.”"

A whistleblower?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/lapd-officer-died-beaten-training-mother-claims-85711688

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

It was the subject of discussion and lols a few days ago in the cop thread

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I don't think there's any safe money bet on whether they intentionally beat him to death or if they're just so violent and reckless they did it unintentionally during the exercise

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Mr. Nice! posted:

Leon county school board approved their new lbgtq+ policy even though 100% of the people who came to the meeting spoke out against it.

Included in the policy is a new parental notification procedure. If any student is open about their gender identity, the school will notify every single parent of any student that is in PE or goes on any overnight field trip with them via a form letter. Bunch of bad poo poo definitely not gonna happen because of this.

I'm so loving embarrassed to be from Florida. Moving to Washington has been the best thing that has ever happened to me and I hope others are able to escape Florida for a less hostile and more habitable environment.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

maffew buildings posted:

I don't think there's any safe money bet on whether they intentionally beat him to death or if they're just so violent and reckless they did it unintentionally during the exercise

When I went through academy there was only dogpiling a red man never each other more than one on one.
They singled him out and maliciously tried to teach him a lesson and hosed up and killed him. It’s not a stretch at all.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mr. Nice! posted:

Included in the policy is a new parental notification procedure. If any student is open about their gender identity, the school will notify every single parent of any student that is in PE or goes on any overnight field trip with them via a form letter.

Wait for a student come out as cisgender.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

At least during the academy I went through any scenario that involved actually fighting the instructors there was only person who would actually fight you as well, you knew whoever was wearing the red man suit would be the roleplayer that wouldn't run or cooperate.

This was just before Michael Brown's murder lead to cops really adopting Blue Lives Matter culture war poo poo so there wasn't any rhetoric about getting murdered by antifa blm supersoldiers so probably they've gotten even dumber and less restrained in training but at best it sounds like the other cops disliked him or thought he was "weak" or whatever and basically hazed him to death like what happens in every military unit that doesn't crack down on that.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Platystemon posted:

Wait for a student come out as cisgender.

I wonder if any kids could malicious compliance this by flooding whatever actual system they implement to handle the process with reports that they suspect their classmates are straight.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Crab Dad posted:

When I went through academy there was only dogpiling a red man never each other more than one on one.
They singled him out and maliciously tried to teach him a lesson and hosed up and killed him. It’s not a stretch at all.

I keep reading this and can only get the gist of it

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

From the NIH website:

quote:

Five percent of people ages 71 to 79, 24.2 percent of people 80 to 89, and 37.4 percent of those 90 years or older were estimated to have some type of dementia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/BenjaminJS/status/1542568527990624256?t=VvmfB-qi8Cqzg9wqAuaxSQ&s=19

gently caress Florida

https://twitter.com/Thom_Hartmann/status/1543079225254559744

Also poo poo like this makes me deeply concerned and kind of wish we had a miliary junta if this happened.

Pine Cone Jones fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 2, 2022