Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bird food bathtub posted:

Someone knew exactly what they were doing when they chose that picture of the turtle because he is absolutely laughing at getting a chudge on the bench for life while still in the minority in exchange for something that will go away in 2024.

poo poo, if Biden has a vacancy on the scrotus to fill in the next couple of years Moscow Mitch will either block it until 2028 or get himself nominated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Can someone explain to me what a halo is as I don’t really watch F1?

It's the little bar that sits above head level that follows the rim of the cockpit. People whined up a storm when it was introduced a few years ago because it "looked weird" and "blocked view" and "ruined aerodynamics" but on the other hand it's already saved a dozen drivers from being decapitated so who can say if it's good or bad?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Rather than link some of the "invisible fire" videos throughout racing history, here's an example:

https://youtu.be/1ZEEuCHdWFA

The Ricky Bobby gag isn't far from the truth, it looks like people are under attack by a swarm of invisible bees.

https://youtu.be/Ku7TdLeEGsQ

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

So did f1 dudes used to die all the time or what?

Yeah. There was a lady from Spain, Maria de Villota, several years ago who got turbo hosed up in a low speed single car crash and a year later died from neurological issues caused by the crash.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lmao at celebrating America in 2022.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

That Works posted:

What the hell

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cugel the Clever posted:

gently caress, imagine an online politics board filled with nihilistic political memes where posters keep boosting one anothers' disconnection from reality and glorifying absolutely toxic mindsets. I'm glad nothing on SA fits that description.

I will not stand for this libel against Coupons and Deals. :colbert:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Zamujasa posted:

watching a different empire's government violently poo poo itself everywhere has been a nice change. misery loves company

Russia's one-two combo victory. They can get thumped in Ukraine and still go down as winners until the end of history forty years or so, lol for irreversibly knocking the US and UK off their places in the global hegemony.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Texas: Well, our grid is set up to deal with the Texas heat, you can't possibly blame us for dealing with massive winter colds!

Also Texas:

https://twitter.com/PhilJankowski/status/1546320921312600064

No market solution??? No way!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The light from distant stars has been determined to be shifted towards the red end of the spectrum. This is generally considered to be evidence that the universe is expanding. However, they could simply be trying to get away from us.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

J6 defendant asked for change of venue for his trial because 100% of the people who have gone to trial in that court had been convicted. The judge's response:

https://twitter.com/sfoguj/status/1547955538348036097

That's a fun lil thread regardless.

No kidding:
https://twitter.com/sfoguj/status/1547956330106720264

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Michael K Williams is from Brooklyn and Idris Elba is from London, but somehow both are iconic parts of Baltimore in modern media.

I still want to see Elba as 007.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

M_Gargantua posted:

Nobody takes it seriously because it's no more serious than regular risks anymore. I realize that's a heartless thing to say to people who are immunocompromised. Life sucks but we don't have overflowing ERs with people dying at this point. I'm only speaking from anecdotal evidence of places where i'm primarily active, being New England and Spain, but half my family works in medicine and even they're over it. Everybody just seems to pop positive and spend a day or two in bed taking ibuprofen.

It was awful, and we didn't take sufficient steps to mitigate the disaster. But two and a half years later and this is the new normal.

haha, cool

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Probably likely in a few days/weeks, but it would be hilarious as hell if he declares, then gets charged. It would be nice for a different form of Air Bud, where Donnie thinks you simply can't charge a presidential candidate as it's treason bullshit conspiracy they're the illegal ones!!!

DoJ won't loving charge him, because their party bosses are mortally afraid of any future Democratic presidential candidates being charged with bullshit. Joke's on them though, won't be a presidential election in 2028!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Spirit and Frontier are what Delta, United, and American wish they could provide while charging their current prices.

Arcella posted:

What counts as "Far Eastern" JAL, Korean Air, etc?

Singapore and Cathay, though Cathay has suffered a bit in recent years.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nick Soapdish posted:

RIP to two real ones
Unironic same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007