Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Oh wow, we might get a vote that closely echoes the will of the people, crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

McNally posted:

No, he's only just now learned about it and because he's Very Smart that means it's very important now.

What do you want from him? It's not like Guam has been a strategic and political linchpin in the Pacific for *checks notes* 450 years or anything.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

A lot of people don't know that.

Absolutely, but an American political journalist probably shouldn't be one of those a lot of people, and his wide eyed "check out this crazy place I just learned about called GUAM!" Tweet about it is hilarious.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Right over my head with that one.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

Poor Capt. Crozier got his career ended and memory holed because he did the right thing for his crew. He's retired now, because the US Navy is rotten at the top.

I talked to a couple dudes from the TR, apparently Crozier wasn't very well liked, until he stood up to the Navy brass by pulling in to port, knowing it would kill his career, the Secnav trying to badmouth someone who just put themselves in the firing line to stand up for the welfare of their crew, to that crew was a real brain genius move. Didn't that secnav resign after that incident too?

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think it was a MCPON but not sure if it is the current one.

It was, he told the crew of the Bush to "lower their expectations" specifically their expectations of being housed in close to acceptable conditions, or being fed, while in a maintenance availability in a US port, because you could be sitting in a foxhole getting shot at instead!

The Navy's sociopathic disregard for the welfare of junior enlisted sailors is legendary.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

All the National Park talk is making me want to do this again.

(From a PCS from CT to WA, Lincoln National Forest)

But with a focus on only camping in NPs or Forests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Gonna wake up to an Oops! All suns situation then

My bedroom windows and deck point directly at the SSBN base in Bangor, and peripherally at Seattle, when the missiles start flying it'll be hard to find a better view.