Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It's a holiday weekend, it should be Grilling In The Name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Pine Cone Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/BenjaminJS/status/1542568527990624256?t=VvmfB-qi8Cqzg9wqAuaxSQ&s=19

gently caress Florida

https://twitter.com/Thom_Hartmann/status/1543079225254559744

Also poo poo like this makes me deeply concerned and kind of wish we had a miliary junta if this happened.

On the contrary, my retirement plan of dying in a gunfight with Proud Boys has never looked better.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

That is 100% a Trump flag.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

Barely even registers as news now.

I tell you what though it definitely has made me reconsider my road trip to visit some friends in different parts of the states this summer. There's some people I really care about that I want to see but I'm not sure if I'm willing to risk getting ventilated in a museum by some incel freak in a pepe shirt and maga hat for the sin of existing.

Nah, gently caress that. To borrow a catchphrase from 20 years ago, don’t let the terrorists win. Statistically speaking the odds of you getting caught in an active shooter incident are astronomically low. I get that everyone’s nerves are fried from the past however many years of what the gently caress ever it is we’re living through, but there’s still a lot of good in the world and happy memories to be made. Go out and make them and gently caress anyone who’d try to take that chance from us.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I’d like to order a Zack de la Mocha and a Steamed Wilk, please.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/1545903465225912323

Gota had been staying in a naval base for a few months, when it became clear there was no way to secure his residence and that the security forces seemingly didn’t have the appetite for a crackdown.

Gotta wonder where he’ll flee to. India or China seem like the most likely candidates.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Wondering if we might get a Newsom/Fetterman ticket. I know Newsom isn't ideal but he is competently running the most important state and has a national profile and is only in his 50s, and Fetterman would bring a lot of energy. Weird to see assumptions Harris would be the frontrunner when even from a charitable perspective she has been largely invisible as VP.

Republicans would just run ads depicting the worst parts of San Francisco and LA and pictures of high gas prices and say that Newsom wants to take the California model national and create Antifa homeless camps in YOUR suburb. For Fetterman, they'd probably talk about how he's unfit for office because he chased after a Black kid while armed with a shotgun and didn't shoot him.

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Mastriano is nightmare fuel, full-stop.

Lived through Corbett, this dude will have a majority in the House and Senate with a tank full of starved pirhanas.

It was pretty disturbing driving through central PA to go mountain biking a few months back and seeing EVERY farmhouse with a Mastriano sign out in front. I'm sure he's not popular in Pittsburgh or Philly but rural PA is kinda scary at times.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I'm not going to go into specifics here for the sake of protecting my own background, but last week, I was working with someone who has been in law enforcement for a long time, and the topic of the Uvalde response came up. I got the pure, unadulterated copaganda excuse as to why all the cops didn't immediately breach the classroom- it was because law enforcement, reacting to the perception that "they've killed too many people" :psyduck:, has now adopted a conservative stance on use of force, and when they arrived on scene after no shots had been fired, they moved to a barricaded suspect response (hang back, negotiate, use force as a last resort) as opposed to active shooter response (throw anything you have at the shooter, stop the killing/stop the dying) because that was the new protocol. As if anyone- black, white, pink, blue, orange, Republican, Democrat, Trotskyite, etc- would shed a tear if someone who was deliberately killing kids got loving canoed.

She said this with a straight face, despite the release of that godawful video of like eight cops absolutely magdumping into a Black man earlier the week before.

So, America, you're welcome. Because you let Antifa defund the police, it hurt their feelings and made them feel bad and that's why children died.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Bored As gently caress posted:

He's saying that DevGru says that Delta's alleged crimes are worse than theirs (DevGru's) crimes, which, okay, but lol probably not. And while Delta certainly has had more than their fair share of heinous poo poo, they at least address it (albiet not in a public way) because they tend to quietly push those people out, rather than the DevGru model of keeping poo poo hush hush and sweeping it under the rug and letting the guys get promoted writing a book about it and launching a lifestyle clothing line depicting their war crimes. Ideally they would both publicly share the info and charge these guys with the crimes they commit, but NSW and JSOC doesn't want to tarnish their public image.

Fixed that for you.

I'm still flabbergasted by how the Eddie Gallagher court martial turned own. I wonder what he had on the team medic to get him to flip like that.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

The wrong Trump died:
https://abcnews.go.com/US/ivana-trump-wife-president-trump-dies-age/story?id=86834496

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

stealie72 posted:

I'm sure at least a couple will write a book about their struggles, possibly named "My Struggle."

“And as the cell door slammed shut behind me, I thought of the home I’d left behind. Mein kampfy chair, the 14 words I wanted to say to my wife, the 88 beers in my garage fridge. Here I was, a prisoner of the Deep State, imprisoned for the crime of loving my President too much.”

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1548381704443686923?s=20&t=upi0mGGZoLUW4BbUakGXmQ

Love to vote people into office only to have their unelected spouses lecture us on how we should be doing their jobs for them.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/wsteaks/status/1550321332482719745

Watch a chud catch a tap from a flagpole while trying to confront Michael Fanone, one of the DC cops who was injured at J6 and watching testimony at Congress, and take a dive worthy of the worst men's World Cup soccer team.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Hey Crab Dad, how hosed are these guards?

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-07-22/who-stole-millions-in-jewels-in-brinks-heist-5-freeway-truck-stop

quote:

In the early hours of July 11, two armed guards left their Brink’s big rig, giving a gang of thieves a 27-minute window to make the huge snatch, its total value still a mystery. Estimates range from $10 million to $100 million.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Crab Dad posted:

poo poo that’s a decent upgrade to what Loomis was rocking. Still doesn’t change my opinion since it was done so fast and “bypassed”.

Yeah the term “bypassed” made me think it was an inside job. Every lock has vulnerabilities, and if you know what kind of lock you’re dealing with, you can learn what methods of attack to which it could be vulnerable and go from there. Some locks you can get through with a thin piece of metal cut out of a soda can in a matter of seconds- usually pretty low security ones, so I’m surprised that a lock on an armored truck could be bypassed. If I had to guess I’d say one or both guards picked a window to leave the truck unguarded and let the robbers themselves know what locks were on the truck and let them figure it out from there.

There’s a saying that locks are only good at keeping honest men honest, and well…

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Wrong Theory posted:

Well, in positive news there are 40% more tigers in the world than we thought.

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/23/1113186725/tigers-population-numbers-endangered-species

To me that's grrrrrreat!

The way you know we live in the worst timeline is that we have all of these billionaires and they’re spending their wealth on vanity projects like private spacecraft and buying Twitter and not one of them is working on reintroducing large numbers of apex predators into civilization. Preferably genetically modified ones at that.

Just imagine how much more humble humanity would be if there was a non-zero chance that on any given day some useless hedge fund manager would be plucked from the streets of Manhattan by an enormous grizzly bear with huge bat wings to be carried off and devoured, their shrieks drowned out by the bear’s triumphant roar and the flapping of gigantic leathery wings.

I say MORE lions, tigers and bears, but with incredibly deadly creatures enhancements!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I think I've mentioned it before but I am a park ranger

Hi, can you make a thread about your experiences working my dream job?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

There is pretty much nothing truly bad you can say about the US parks system outside quibbles

cant wait to be proven wrong in 3 posts

Yeah, as much as I love public lands, the national parks system has a really checkered past, the knowledge of which I have to suppress every time I visit one.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2020/04/22/us-national-parks-child-slavery-and-sacrifice/

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

psydude posted:

Monongahela in WV is definitely worth a visit if you haven't been.

It sure is. Monongahela is probably my favorite place for outdoor recreation in the mid-Atlantic, followed closely by Western North Carolina (Asheville/Brevard/Pisgah).

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

PookBear posted:

i don't particularly care for cops though

Don't worry there's a tweet for that one too

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1551677419853156352?s=20&t=0pttpvQte2lMANLj4WDLfw

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Where do african airlines fall on that scale? Assuming above soviet era?

Ethiopian Airlines is fantastic. I've also flown Asky Air (a pan-African carrier) and it's clear they do at least try to provide a good customer experience even if the aircraft are dated. I've also flown Nigeria's carrier, Arik Air, and at times I felt like it would have helped if I got out and pushed, and this was for a one-hour flight between Lagos and Abuja.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Sacrist65 posted:

Totally not sponsored buzzfeed article:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/rebeccakhera/spirit-airlines-review

Notice to you closet bringers and soda sippers, your days are numbered.

People just celebrating our race to the bottom. I can't wait for this type of article on a future healthcare system run out of an old pizza hut where a "Nurse" who got certified in Florida after a 40 hour course zoom calls you to prescribe antibiotics.

"Forcing workers to see you in person is low key ableist, remote healthcare is inclusive, pay extra to have a COLD stethoscope on my chest? NO THANKS."

This is 100% paid content or the author has the airline equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. I flew Spirit twice (two flights on a trip from Baltimore to LAX) and had to deal with cancellations, multiple delays, people fighting with airline staff over baggage fees, etc., drunk passengers, etc. I vowed to myself I'd never do that again, and haven't. That being said, it's pretty clear that the airline industry is just a free-fall race to the bottom unless you can upgrade to business class, which isn't even worth it unless you're crossing an ocean.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/business/status/1552788262288297984

The sooner we get term limits or court packing to mitigate the influence of these old fascist fucks, the better.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

That’s about as close as “gently caress around and find out” as you can get in diplomatic speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

You're all living in the past.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4008886