Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I tried listening to cumtown a few times and I just couldn't find much to like about it personally. Every time I listened, I cringed on a scale not seen since the last time I had to sit through an episode of the office.

Was that the point of their schtick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Reminder this idiot decide to be paid in bitcoin and to get other city employees to do the same.

He was paid a regular check and then bought crypto with his first 3 checks. He was never paid in crypto specifically.

Though he's a politician and in general that means he's full of poo poo so he probably never bought crypto at all.

E: And that radio station thing was an obvious format change. If an actual fired DJ started playing RATM it wouldn't have been the radio edit, that's for drat sure.

I'm more of a Sleep Now In The Fire guy anyhow.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 1, 2022

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah. Adams isn't exactly known for being the sharpest bowling ball.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Milo and POTUS posted:

listen the the youtube vid where they read r/smalldickproblems. otherwise they're a little grating for a full hour

I think my tolerance for podcast stupidity is This Is Important. I was listening to the Adam Conover podcast about crypto this week, and the guest just oozed gooniness. I typically like Conover's schtick, he's not awful, but that guest just gooned the gently caress out.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's a holiday weekend, it should be Grilling In The Name.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Hannibal Rex posted:

Logan's Hobble

Make anyone trying to run for office over 60 complete a 5k fun run full of hip breaking obstacles like loose chihuahuas and an intersection of scattered fisher price toys.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

I can get behind that.

And push.

E: apparently someone shot a bunch of kentucky cops last night?

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jul 2, 2022

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Here's the link on the kentucky cop shooting.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/kentucky-officers-killed-hurt-gunman-opened-fire-home/story?id=86076193

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Nah, you could say toyotas of that vintage are bulletproof (this would be a better joke if the cops lit up the honda).

100% this kid was inspired by Rittenhouse in some way.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The town cancelled the fireworks show here because of the drought, but that's not going to stop idiots from starting fires because they want pretty colors and boom booms.

However, this area isn't exactly known for its citizens having any wealth so it's been little stuff that peters out quick because fireworks are expensive.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Yeah, I'd rather have my homie Nakano under my hat. Sigh...no other Godzilla fans here? CRUSTY MINGE don't leave me hanging!

It's been a long time since I watched Godzilla movies. Like, around the time the puff daddy song godzilla came out.

I should remedy that.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Love that video. Would love it even more if their insurance company got their hands on it when they go to file a claim.

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Rebuild it with a statue of Sherman that also breathes fire every six hours. So basically Godzilla Sherman The Statue.

Yes.

Honestly we could use fire breathing Uncle Billy statues set up at all the borders of all southern/northern boundary states. Just slap one up at every interstate and highway state border crossing, facing south.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

M_Gargantua posted:

gently caress the insurance company, they should still pay out.

Mmmm. Negligence of safety is a real motherfucker. Especially if they live in a state with strict laws around fireworks.

I look at the neighborhood in the background there and I think, yeah, they can afford to pay higher insurance premiums for being morons while also not being paid out for repairs to their property because they neglected to take any safety precautions, possibly illegal fireworks, leaving that child next to a literal pile of explosives even briefly, probably alcohol involved, etc.

It's one thing if a fire from like, a neighboring property or a wild fire of some variety catches your poo poo on fire. You have no control over that. If you cause the fire, then lol, accept the responsibility and don't post pictures for your insurer to find on the interwebs proving your stupidity to increase your premiums.

E: part of me really wants to agree with you, but a bigger part really just wants dumb people on that scale to pay for their own stupidity. I'm dumb too, but I'm not set cars on fire with a pile of fireworks dumb.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jul 6, 2022

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Roofs are a bit different because age is a big factor. Older the roof, the less they pay out, but a year old one would be bought out in whole.

Put a metal roof on and watch your rate drop. Cheaper to replace, longer warranties, higher general durability outside of hail, but noisy as gently caress in the driving rain.

I mean, I kinda equate this level of stupidity to drunk driving. An insurer isn't going to cover your rear end if you DUI your car into a pole at 0.2 on the breathalyzer. If you're operating outside the boundaries of what is expected of you, that's on your rear end, and they'll gladly get a judgement against you after paying out everyone else first.

E: maybe make negligence claims similar to credit, where it falls off after 7 years of not accidentally burning your home to the ground or flooding the subdivision because you didn't call to have lines marked first. Part of learning is making mistakes, sometimes people have to learn by paying for their previous drunk or irresponsible fuckups.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jul 6, 2022

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Arrath posted:

While I agree with you in cases of stupid is as stupid does, or gently caress around and find out (lets watch the fireworks from 5 feet away instead of 50???) the problem is:

Insurance is all too fuckin happy to take your money, and then will fight tooth and goddamn nail to have to keep from paying any of it back. They are the singular epitome of useless, value extracting middle-men who add nothing to the greater economy. gently caress em.

You're right, they're loving leeches.

Maybe some regulation of the insurance companies is in order.

Lol.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

A.o.D. posted:

The insurance industry just told the entire state of Louisiana to go gently caress itself so I'm absolutely on team gently caress insurers.

This is happening in Florida too.

The industry should be nationalized and flattened out but lol that will never happen, just like health care.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

fknlo posted:

Wow, relevant to the topic we've been discussing! Guess who is gonna have fun with his insurance company!

Lol.

I watch way too many youtube car crash videos so I know I'll catch this one later today.

And yes gently caress insurers. Nationalize.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

facialimpediment posted:

So this dude:

- runs from cops in a truck
- steals an uber eats driver's car in a parking lot, TV station interviews her
- wrecks the car going the wrong way, runs around on foot, steals SUV of person that got out but didn't turn off car
- pisses off the grey pickup truck dude, who backs off and/or wrecks
- T-bones a truck in an intersection right in front of a cop and gives up

Almost makes me want to download GTA5 again.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Huh. Well, regardless of insurance paying out to DUI drivers or people arsoning their own property, they still loving suck.

maffew buildings posted:

If you're not going to throw stones at the English relentlessly no matter what then what the gently caress are you even doing as an American

Enjoying taskmaster and Cats does countdown.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
God. loving. Damnit.

https://deadline.com/2022/07/joe-pera-talks-with-you-canceled-at-adult-swim-three-seasons-1235059921/

E: and they took down the adultswim comments page so I can't bitch at them for cancelling Joe Pera.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 8, 2022

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
CNN interviewee (a rep from the woodrow wilson center?) said the shooter was former SDF.

But she also said something along the lines of "where he got the gun from" and I'm just thinking, you mean japanese home depot?

She either doesn't know it was homemade or thinks he paid someone good money for that hand cannon.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Clearly not the worst design. Someone get that man a job at Hi-Point.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I think Remington might be the only manufacturer to dabble in an electronic primer system.

Remington: The 1978 Dodge of Guns.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Also in news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD3n3GM3Z_0

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'll probably watch Beavis and Butthead later today, was holding off to see if a friend wanted to watch it too, but he has my paramount info anyhow.

I'll probably watch Clerks 3 when it turns up free on Tubi. Seems like an appropriate expectation for where it will land after a few months of being charged for on streaming.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I want my,
I want my,
I want my DDT.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

I already hated myself for the Dire Straits reference.

One more 80s reference unlocks a special edition goonies nft.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Congratulations, you can find your prize on opensea.org

80s wrestling is basically the best thing about the 80s.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ian at the BUG match with that.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I think they should be able to increase defense forces. If/when China makes a run on Taiwan, we're going to need an ally nearby that can seriously defend itself, maybe send some of their own to support a campaign.

I don't know how much Japan relies on the US economically, but they'd take a serious hit if they decided to play nationalist empire again. If they ever played games serious enough to draw sanctions, it wouldn't take much time to starve them out. They don't exactly have sweeping plains to grow grains to feed cattle or make tofu, and they're actively depleting their fish supply. The future isn't looking to good for Japan, their interest to stay in line in the trade bloc is just as important as all of their citizens having kids like loving right now.

Allowing them military expansion would probably be a boost to their economy, and ours, because we're going to sell them all sorts of poo poo to get up to speed. It might bite us in the rear end (maybe bar them from nukes), but Ukraine could bite us in the rear end. Taiwan could bite us in the rear end. We, as a nation, stick our rear end out specifically to test the waters and see who is going to bite, and how hard.

I don't think Japan has any real interest in their old ways. But I also don't think they'd turn down a slice of Russia if it collapses after Putin dies. They've played nice for 77 years, maybe give that dog a little more leash.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
We need about 300 Fettermans to run for congress.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I cannot fathom how many dumb motherfuckers are going to vote for him simply because he has a goddamn R after his name.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Madurai posted:

Do you think it's higher or lower than the number voting for him solely because he was a football player they remember?

That's actually a tough question. The Venn Diagram has gotta be a near perfect circle there.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I wonder which one is Bigfoot's home planet's system...

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

NJersey posted:

lol read the room, we're dying on this rock.

A few idiots might die on the red rock or the grey rock, but we're not leaving the inner solar system.

Or as the biosphere collapse thread may note:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Godholio posted:

When does it turn into imperialism? I want to make sure I'm looking.

When they kill the leaders of the countries whose infrastructure they funded and install a Piglet, a Tigger, and an Eeyore in their places.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The british pound is falling too. Lol.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
In lighter news, the Bobs Burgers Movie is now on hulu.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I think it's impossible for Bob's to be terrible. I'm expecting lightly entertaining with hopefully a decent sub plot. Didn't realize it was pg13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I like the show but gonna politely disagree, some school eps have nothing happen and it feels like they forgot to include jokes. I mean even peak Simpsons had clip episodes there’s no reason to watch, pobody’s nerfect.

Unrelated but did tweets stop previewing in threads?

Oh, there are definitely boring episodes, but they're more tolerable than flipping channels to Friends or Seinfeld or Big Bang Theory reruns, or playing the "what should I watch" game, which usually results in Futurama. Boring but wholesome is a low bar of acceptability, but it's amazing how many shows can't even reach that.

Movie was fine, needs more Marshmallow and Gail.

Also clip show simpsons is how we know they're from Kentucky, thanks to the Behind the Laughter episode.