Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

The end of Roe and Cumtown in the same month :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXL_3FwVBlg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I tried listening to cumtown a few times and I just couldn't find much to like about it personally. Every time I listened, I cringed on a scale not seen since the last time I had to sit through an episode of the office.

Was that the point of their schtick?

The show itself sucks you gotta listen to curated clips of good bits.

Steven Segal and Bernie Town Hall come to mind.

You have to have some degree of too onlineness to know what they’re joking about for a lot of the jokes to land, like the Bernie Town Hall bit was a riff when that one white GOP guy accidentally posted a “as a black man” comment on his main account.

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 1, 2022

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

On the flipside SCOTUS declaring tribal land sovereignty isn't real means that there's a very high possibility cop on cop violence will soon be a popular new attraction in the midwest.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Lake of Methane posted:

In those scenarios, who were the people who saw it coming, thought it was wrong, and acted to stop it?

The SDP and KDP were the only political parties that pretty consistently fought the right relative to any other political organization, and the even the KDP at times allied with the far right against the center and center-left while the SDP allied with the center against the left so meh. The KDP was hamstrung by it's connection to the Soviet Union and Stalin using it as a strategic tool while the SDP severely hurt it's credibility and ability to function as a anti-fascist force during WWI after a split of it's leadership narrowly choosing to support the state and then after during the various revolutions by trying to appease liberals by selling out leftist paramilitaries. The deaths of Luxemburg and Liebknecht, legit radicals that were anti-Stalinist but credible with many members of both the SDP and KDP, also really hurt chances at left unity.

As far people who took direct action that could have been effective it ranged all over the political spectrum. Pre-Nazi Germany had a weird reverse of the American state's armed forces allegiances, where the military was a bastion of the right wing while the law enforcement generally backed centrists and liberals, and in some cases acted on behalf of leftist factions against the military or right wing paramilitaries.

And the two plots that came closest to successfully killing Hitler were the military coup lead by Prussian Officers who mostly hard right wing as well as a lone wolf, Georg Elser who almost assassinated Hitler entirely by himself without any apparent connection to any group.

There's not really a parallel to the GOP or Dems since both equivalent constituencies were split into totally different parties and there was never any real unity besides very fragile coalitions between the right, center and left as a whole until the Nazis just took over. Plus Catholic vs Protestant was a big things while there isn't an easy way to equivocate African-American and Hispanic people with Jews or other Germany minorities that would make any useful parallels I can think of outside of examining fascist rhetoric.

I think the political structure of Spain is a much better analogy for the United States than Nazi Germany as far as useful parallels.

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jul 1, 2022

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Milo and POTUS posted:

listen the the youtube vid where they read r/smalldickproblems. otherwise they're a little grating for a full hour

Oh poo poo yeah that was good

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Statistically speaking I think native Americans are the most over represented demographics in the military and combat arms specifically, and reservations are almost entirely in rugged, rural regions and have an existing parallel political and police structure already set up so it seems like a bad minority for the reactionaries and state police to pick a fight with. But what do I know I don’t spend all day jerking myself raw over the 14 words like Alito or the average state trooper.

In any case it’s an outrageous insult to a group of people who’ve already put up with a lot of poo poo, it seems like the right are teeing them up to see if they take as another culture war target, I think that turd Crowder has started in on them now.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

It was the subject of discussion and lols a few days ago in the cop thread

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

At least during the academy I went through any scenario that involved actually fighting the instructors there was only person who would actually fight you as well, you knew whoever was wearing the red man suit would be the roleplayer that wouldn't run or cooperate.

This was just before Michael Brown's murder lead to cops really adopting Blue Lives Matter culture war poo poo so there wasn't any rhetoric about getting murdered by antifa blm supersoldiers so probably they've gotten even dumber and less restrained in training but at best it sounds like the other cops disliked him or thought he was "weak" or whatever and basically hazed him to death like what happens in every military unit that doesn't crack down on that.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Platystemon posted:

Wait for a student come out as cisgender.

I wonder if any kids could malicious compliance this by flooding whatever actual system they implement to handle the process with reports that they suspect their classmates are straight.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

https://medium.com/@otauibvrrfffnchses/listen-up-liberal-69dbfa58c9ab

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

https://twitter.com/asv141/status/1543758556578697217?s=21&t=UpoGPhZ6cEll-LtT-wlCuw

Tragically inflation went to 120% today when I bought 8 hot dogs

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/KareemRifai/status/1543626117222899714

There's an argument to be made that while America/NATO supplying Ukraine is moral, there's a lot of danger that America/NATO is trying to do another Vietnamese Proxy War that doesn't help anyone. I think that kind of argument is defused by America pulling every goddamn lever to say "hey, the Russians are going to invade, we don't loving want it, we're pubbing the intel now" all throughout the pre-war phase, while Russia has clearly been the aggressor throughout.

But there's not much point in a rational argument about it, because MTG/GG et al are just going America Bad [BLANK] Good. And it's always weird how the [BLANK] ends up always being Russia because of Hunter Biden, Snowden, Assange, [BLANK]!

Their critique of the whole thing boils down to “we want an American Putin, so he is good, and also gently caress them Ukrainians.”

It was funny to see the split between regular chuds go for daddy Putin while the alt right freaks were trying to explain how based Azov is

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Late to the party but lol Abe got Shinzo'wned

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

In the same week Abe gets owned by a guy with a homemade cyberpunk gun, Trump threw burger and grab wheel, and Boris resigns.

There is hope for our species

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

https://twitter.com/SawyerHackett/status/1545909647348998144?s=20&t=SqFG0pugWH8egQos_ViutA

Joe Brandon at it again!

:ck5:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

gently caress no

loving lmao at people in here talking about “imperialist China” given the history of both how Japan and the United States have treated China.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Cugel the Clever posted:

How exactly does other states doing an imperialism to China in the past render us unable to characterize contemporary China as an imperialist power?

What China is doing in some places is lovely but it's not "imperialism" nor does it justify Japan, a country that hasn't exactly grappled with it's fascist past, re-arming.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Crab Dad posted:

Lol nobody’s alive from that time period in power anymore stop bringing up old news.
Let’s take a look at what’s going on right now on their borders.

Okay, its bad. Still don't want Japan to rearm with a fascist party ascendent in politics.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Hyrax Attack! posted:

It's odd seeing the "Democrats don't want Biden to run in 2024" articles with no mention that even if he's not planning to run, he's not going to announce that until at least after the midterms to avoid being seen as a multi-year lame duck. And his likely successors aren't going to declare their candidacy now as it would appear to be an attack on his competency.

Wondering if we might get a Newsom/Fetterman ticket. I know Newsom isn't ideal but he is competently running the most important state and has a national profile and is only in his 50s, and Fetterman would bring a lot of energy. Weird to see assumptions Harris would be the frontrunner when even from a charitable perspective she has been largely invisible as VP.

Someone important, either Biden or who controls Biden has been sabotaging Harris at every opportunity. She's been the face of every PR disaster and her entire VP role seems to be to jump on every grenade like defending horrifying border policy and doing jack poo poo for roe and then for Biden to come do or say something nominal, not actually do anything, and look good by comparison.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Cugel the Clever posted:

Perhaps straying too far from "current events", but I'm curious how you'd characterize the Chinese relationship with Tibet and Xinjiang? Or their construction of artificial islands to undermine their neighbors' sovereignty? Or their policy toward Taiwan?

I was referring specially to their relationship with Japan and other countries in the south china sea and I wasn't clear, not their western border. I don't want to quibble over the definition of what imperialism is or isn't but we can agree that China has been lovely to Vietnam in particular and most of the countries there.

I guess my point is more that it's weird that even among ostensibly lefty people there's still this knee-jerk call to always pick US aligned powers as automatically better than other actors and arm every right wing lunatic who share the same enemies as the United States because China/Russia did something bad but utter silence and tolerance while we help our Gulf State allies run an active genocide that dwarfs even Russian war crimes in Ukraine or our/European ongoing imperialism in Africa and South America.

I don't see how a re-armed and aggressive Japan suddenly makes this situation better for anyone.

No matter how this point is made though people just pretend I said "China/Russia is justified!" which is clearly not my point nor true.

E:

Anyway this is a lovely thing to talk about because our system of competing nation states is a horrific amoral nightmare and there's no way to take any position that aligns with any major power without compromising any consistent set of morals and avoiding hypocrisy so it just descends into whataboutism or cynicism

Space telescopes are cool though.

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jul 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I'd like to request a week off, just stupidly got involved with a whole bunch of drama, someone bought me a creepy vtuber avatar, and and I have too much studying to do to allow myself to argue with the grossest posters and staff members on the site.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)