Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scuffy_1989
Jul 3, 2022

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Sounds like bojo might be done, chancellor and sechealth both resigned saying he has no integrity

Place bets on ousting date folks

I'm calling next Monday

E: lol gently caress while I was typing that his solicitor general just resigned

All I know is I was watching this news report and got to see them let a cat into #10 Downing in the background of the 2 reporters talking.

5:57-6:32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh5camOv-00&t=363s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuffy_1989
Jul 3, 2022

A.o.D. posted:

Do you normally get excited when a credentialed employee is granted access to their workplace?

When he's the Chief Mouser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx8yb_f1hBY

Scuffy_1989
Jul 3, 2022

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scuffy_1989
Jul 3, 2022

Milo and POTUS posted:

Agreed but is that the original caption or an alteration

I have no idea that's just how I found it.

Scuffy_1989
Jul 3, 2022

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/dancow/status/1546957541942464517?t=TNABBjhEnRzlM2uHgxiPog&s=19

I really want everyone involved in that response out of law enforcement at a minimum, civil liability or criminal charges for being tremendous cowards

I don't even know how you can be a man who has kids and just stand around like that, let alone a police officer.

No, wait, parents put their kids above themselves, for the Police it's "Officer Safety" over everything else.

Scuffy_1989
Jul 3, 2022

Old Boot posted:

EDIT: Also yes you will hear right: a case of paralytic poliomyelitis has been diagnosed in NY.

Yes, in an unvaccinated man from a local Orthodox Jewish community that traditionally doesn't get vaccinated. He traveled to Central Europe and caught Polio from someone there who had taken an oral vaccine that is no longer used in the USA, then brought the disease back to the States with him.

Scuffy_1989
Jul 3, 2022

Reading that article, if the ranger accused of killing a wolf inside the park was so worried about his retirement, he shouldn't have been trying to kill one at the very edge of the park and minutes away from the evening deadline for shooting one.

Scuffy_1989
Jul 3, 2022

On July 26, 1948, President Harry Truman signed Executive Order 9981, which stated that "there shall be equality of treatment and opportunity for all persons in the armed forces without regard to race, color, religion, or national origin." It desegregated the Armed Services an established the President's Committee on Equality of Treatment and Opportunity in the Armed Services to recommend revisions to military regulations in order to implement this policy.

Scuffy_1989
Jul 3, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na5rD4pVq_A

Scuffy_1989
Jul 3, 2022

Apparently the Republicans voted "no" due to the House bill re-classifying spending from discretionary to mandatory, though I don't know enough about the budget and appropriation process to understand the significance of that change.

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/58177

CBO posted:

The bill would
• Increase disability compensation and expand health care services for a larger group of veterans who were exposed to toxic substances or served in certain locations during their military service
• Increase the number of veterans without service-connected disabilities who can receive health care from the Department of Veterans Affairs
• Require several studies and reports on veterans’ toxic exposures during military service
• Establish a new mandatory appropriation to pay for the costs of health care associated with environmental exposures, expenses incidental to the delivery of that health care, disability claims processing, medical research, information technology programs, and other services associated with environmental exposure
• Reclassify of some discretionary spending under current law as direct spending

Estimated budgetary effects would mainly stem from
• Increased disability compensation and increased health care costs for certain veterans
• Operating costs and administrative costs for processing disability compensation claims and implementing the bill’s other provisions
• Reclassifying some discretionary spending under current law as direct spending

Scuffy_1989
Jul 3, 2022

SlowBloke posted:

If you fly rather than using trains in continental Europe, you are doing it wrong. Even if you add a few hours of running time, you will spare yourself the airport circus and the business-class equivalents are far cheaper.

A few years ago we took a flight from Venice to Naples, was really painless, though the security seemed really weak compared to the US, and the announcement that the flight was leaving was very vague.

Was a quick flight though, we took the train up the west coast back to Rome after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuffy_1989
Jul 3, 2022

Basticle posted:

TIL that the Kosov Securty Force has a pretty badass emblem

Oh hey, MG Benjamin Corell, Adjutant General of the Iowa Army National Guard. Kosovo is partnered with the IA ARNG, they do a lot of joint training.