Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Can someone explain to me what a halo is as I don’t really watch F1?

tldr the "most technologically advanced racing series on earth" took some 70 years to invent the rollbar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Stultus Maximus posted:

"It isn't real open cockpit racing without the risk of decapitation"

The worst part is that indycar recognized this problem and redesigned the cars for introduction in the 2012 season, then poor Dan Wheldon got slammed facefirst into the catch fence in what was already going to be the last ever race with the non-rollbar cars.

Killed by a stupid design that had already been fixed but not phased in yet.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jul 3, 2022

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

So did f1 dudes used to die all the time or what?

pretty sure there was an incident in the 60s or 70s where someone was killed by an F1 driver's flying severed head.

Still not as crazy as Group B Rally.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Dum Cumpster posted:

My jaw would fall off if I took the time to explain to my kids how everything they enjoy actually sucks.

Behind The Bastards: George Shea, Hot Dog Villain

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

BoJo will be fine, no one in the UK has a response for demands to resign being met with "lol piss off"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

:chanpop:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The revanchism was personal, Abe's grandpa ran occupied Manchukuo and then was installed as PM in the 50s because Eisenhower was all "oh yeah we can work with this dude"

He was basically Japan's Dubya

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'm just gonna assume it was a BGP fuckup

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

noooooooo

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Nick Soapdish posted:

Biden also said he'd have a decision on student debt like two months ago

he had a decision on student debt two years ago; "no"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

holy poo poo that's a lot of gravity lensing

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

full res here, note this is a 30MB png

https://stsci-opo.org/STScI-01G79R28V7S4AXDN8NG5QCPGE3.png

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

haha isn't that the chucklefuck that got fired the same day because he just rolled through wearing his work ID lanyard

e: lol

https://www.fredericknewspost.com/n...6606a8cdbc.html

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 12, 2022

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Marshal Prolapse posted:

It’s so loving disgusting. Also his father is such a massive piece of human filth.

Elon's vocal and incandescent hatred of his father is like the one tolerable thing about him

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Midjack posted:

No kidding:

the very best was buried at the bottom

https://twitter.com/sfoguj/status/1547972418282500099

hell yeah they can finally be free to spray paint the greenhorns' balls again

(ref. GIP idiot thread, pp 136)

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jul 16, 2022

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

the most recent Behind The Bastards about Jones that was mostly deposition and trial clips was amazing, he's so incapable of turning it off that at one point he started pitching the judge on his supplement line in open court.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Send a crew with a saw to cut more expansion joints so it doesn't buckle up next time

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I've lived in SC my whole life and there were way more traitor rags flying in the void between Rochester and Syracuse than I've ever seen at home

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

:d2a:

https://www.al.com/business/2022/07...?outputType=amp

quote:

LUVERNE, Alabama, July 22 (Reuters) - A subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co has used child labor at a plant that supplies parts for the Korean carmaker's assembly line in nearby Montgomery, Alabama, according to area police, the family of three underage workers, and eight former and current employees of the factory.

Underage workers, in some cases as young as 12, have recently worked at a metal stamping plant operated by SMART Alabama LLC, these people said. SMART, listed by Hyundai in corporate filings as a majority-owned unit, supplies parts for some of the most popular cars and SUVs built by the automaker in Montgomery, its flagship U.S. assembly plant...

there's plenty more in the article

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

One Billion Alabamians

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

the footage of dude's 2009 arrest for seeking an Ann Coulter autograph too enthusiastically is some primo poo poo

https://twitter.com/haramcart/status/1437608552395378690?s=20&t=DXpvhngyXQ9BBzEhFSTWng

Although, he can legitimately say the entire college class stood up and clapped.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jul 24, 2022

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Being a military spouse who finds leveraging that position to become an unlicensed teacher appealing is absolutely a good qualification for probably being the kind of person who would indoctrinate christofascism without having to be told to

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

mass media agitating for soft genocide against unhoused people? I'm shocked, shocked

oh wait https://citationsneeded.libsyn.com/episode-85-incitement-against-the-homeless-part-i-the-infestation-rhetoric-of-local-news

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

"Emails show Trump strategic adviser Boris Ephshteyn helping coordinate various efforts with a range of lawyers"

If I had any doubts that this world is a matrix style simulation crashing around us as the RAM overheats, that name just eliminated them.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The Susquehanna valley from Harrisburg to Williamsport is the most beautiful place I've ever seen in the US with the enormous caveat that I've never been further west than OKC

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Really speaks to the folly of man that humanity could realize its most ancient dream that inspired artists and troubadours for thousands of years and then within a single lifetime make it such a lovely experience that nobody wants to do it anymore

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CainFortea posted:

Holy poo poo they literally called their trap the TRAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

I just had a disturbing thought. The escalation in WWI started with Russia moving in to defend Serbia from the Austrian empire as a paternalistic "Defender of the Slavs" notion. Could Putin be trying to engineer a new Balkan conflict in order to manufacture a pretext for the general mobilization of Russia that wouldn't immediately result in a popular revolt so that he can escalate his military adventurism?

The president of serbia just went on tv ranting about how Kosovo is planning to invade at midnight so yeah plus a fig leaf for direct engagement with nato forces