Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

facialimpediment posted:

Update: it wasn't enough to just have a Magic Bullet

https://twitter.com/JoeHoldenCBS3/status/1544166990734139392?t=4S8cqx1IxuzuJnVthoBkCA&s=19

One of the few times I've enjoyed the Twitter replies

This one had me rolling:

https://twitter.com/xangoh/status/1544335374222299136

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

shame on an IGA posted:

BoJo will be fine, no one in the UK has a response for demands to resign being met with "lol piss off"

Here's how it's been explained to me.

The Tories have a "1922 Committee" that's there to represent the rank-and-file MPs ("backbenchers", who are members of the House of Commons but don't have specific executive positions in Johnson's administration) to the Prime Minister. They make the rules over when a party leader can be subjected to a Vote of Confidence by the membership and a new party leader elected, who would become the new Prime Minister.

Currently the Conservative party rules under the 1922 Committee state that if they hold a VoC and the party leader makes it through, they can't hold another one for a year. BoJo just survived a Vote of Confidence a short time ago, but with 59% - a result that would ordinarily make a party leader resign in shame anyway. (BoJo has no shame, though.)

Now, the 1922 Committee could change that rule so that he could be subjected to another Vote of Confidence, but the current head of the committee said that he's not going to do that. So that's that, right?

Well, no. The current committee's tenure is up and there will be a new one seated Monday. It's entirely possible, maybe even likely, that the incoming 1922 Committee will go ahead and change the rule so that they can throw Johnson out on his rear end.

This whole thing has been hugely entertaining to me.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

maffew buildings posted:

England is loving stupid

Not disagreeing with you but I'm not sure we USians ought to be throwing that particular stone from our decidedly glassy house.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Grip it and rip it posted:

The homemade shotgun disgused as a camera makes me think it's gonna be for something weird

Yeah, this is a pipegun. Possibly piezoelectric firing mechanism, from the wires. What the hell?

https://twitter.com/IntelCrab/status/1545263545973178369

EDIT: Enough smoke in the video that homemade rounds makes sense too. Just all around weird.

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jul 8, 2022

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Carteret posted:

hey guys did you hear about abe

Nothing, what's abe with you?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

It's Murcheson's Eye! Watch out for Moties.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

I really wish his moustache would crawl up his nose and start growing into his brain. That'd be nice.

EDIT: Oh hey:

https://twitter.com/TweetMsw/status/1546958583081963522

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Crab Dad posted:

Chill guys FOX news is actually entertainment and not to be construed for real journalism.

After all, it's not like there's a history there or anything.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7gnpmOWBKo

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

CainFortea posted:

Did that one guy ever tell all the crazy Medieval Times stories? I saw the dramatis personae today but that was it!

I didn't ever get back to it, no. I'll have to write up some more stuff. There's actually a union-related story but it was before my time so it's secondhand.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
As long as we're playing miserable weather poker:

North Texas.

EDIT: Nearly everyone here has A/C though.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Platystemon posted:

You’re about maxed out on temperature, but I have faith that you can get more humidity.

Don't you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

VSOKUL girl posted:

would she realistically get primaried? ousted by a republican in the general seems far more likely

i do not know what bizarro world has the democratic party not quash any attempt to primary a sitting senator in a battleground state, but we're sure as hell not in it. she's getting successfully primaried about as Manchin has since 2010

i mean, i guess they did sorta tacitly approve de Leon's challenge to Feinstein, but they probably had decent confidence in the eventual outcome and it's not like California is going to have a Republican senator anytime soon

Arizona Democrats absolutely despise Sinema. They'd vote for a literal cartoon supervillain over her in the primary. She's poisoned her own well that badly.