Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i was watching The Mole season 3 (celebrity mole) this morning, as one does, reliving some good memories of watching it on the couch in my old apartment with my ex, and Kathy Griffith is on there, and then, i was, you know i was remembering how at one point she had 20 different standup specials every year and they were all just stories about how she loved gay people and how celebrities are lol, and i just, i don't really think it was ever very funhny, but then, so it's weird tat she had bascially a media empire at one point, yeah? yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
If Kathy Griffith was actually funny, she wouldn't be appearing in a TV show.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I dunno, I assume she's better than most of the stand up comics that are around these days. But she's certainly not a Hedberg or Carlin.

Karol-Man
May 14, 2022

by Fritz the Horse
is this an american thing?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

No.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Kathy "the laugh riot" Griffin is the epitome of funny. When she makes a joke, it not only makes you bust your colon out of your mouth, it makes you think too. It makes you a better person. Her famed joke about that elephant really brings home the point that perhaps the ivory trade isn't so bad after all, and frankly who needs elephants anyway? They take up a lot of space and are kind of annoying and have a long nose. I remember the first time I met Kathy Griffin. Her black hair glistened in the starlight of that night and she smiled at me like she had just won fifty bucks. She reached out with her hand towards me and said "pull upon my finger" and I did. A rude noise erupted as if from the ether itself, and the stench was unbearable. We were engulfed in a green cloud for several moments, and when the gas cleared she had disappeared. Sometimes I think I see Kathy Griffin come skipping down the green hills of my home, with flowers in her hair and kaleidoscopic skin. But she is gone. Gone, like a wind.

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021

Mooey Cow posted:

Kathy "the laugh riot" Griffin is the epitome of funny. When she makes a joke, it not only makes you bust your colon out of your mouth, it makes you think too. It makes you a better person. Her famed joke about that elephant really brings home the point that perhaps the ivory trade isn't so bad after all, and frankly who needs elephants anyway? They take up a lot of space and are kind of annoying and have a long nose. I remember the first time I met Kathy Griffin. Her black hair glistened in the starlight of that night and she smiled at me like she had just won fifty bucks. She reached out with her hand towards me and said "pull upon my finger" and I did. A rude noise erupted as if from the ether itself, and the stench was unbearable. We were engulfed in a green cloud for several moments, and when the gas cleared she had disappeared. Sometimes I think I see Kathy Griffin come skipping down the green hills of my home, with flowers in her hair and kaleidoscopic skin. But she is gone. Gone, like a wind.

This

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

yeah, this was great

then she went and ruined it by apologizing and saying she was wrong

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
She was one of the few female comedians in the 90s for a while there, but then the 00's happened with the internets etc. and whatnot. HISTORY!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mooey Cow posted:

Wait, she’s got black hair now? :yikes:

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
Isn't she kind of the female Andy Dick?

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

PureEvil6_13 posted:

she might BE Andy Dick

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I once saw Kathy Griffin slip on a banana peel and tumble violently down five flights of stairs, rolling across each landing slowly, then continuing on down the next flight. Her limp body becoming more and more bloodied and flaccid as it careened down the stair well.
That was pretty baller.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

PureEvil6_13 posted:

That is being overly kind to Andy Dick.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

AHH F/UGH posted:

she might BE Andy Dick

That's. . .you. . .

:vince:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PureEvil6_13 posted:

Like, Andy Pussy? :thunkher:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNAeZmDdn5U&t=2952s

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

PureEvil6_13 posted:

That's. . .you. . .

:vince:

wait a minute, AHH F/UGH is Andy Dick?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

it's funny that there's a woman version of andy dick but no she's not funny

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

are kathy griffin and andy dick brother and sister or something? i wonder

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

maybe the same person?

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Big Beef City posted:

wait a minute, AHH F/UGH is Andy Dick?

I'm Andy Dick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5d1Yi9_SD8&t=133s

Karol-Man
May 14, 2022

by Fritz the Horse
nevermind I forgot who she is.
Yeah she was never funny.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

She was no andy dick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLqt4oClJG8

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I saw her in a lovely club in the early 90’s, one of the first shows I could go to. She was funny. But like a lot of standups, once she got famous she didn’t need to write jokes, so she didn’t.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

I always just figured she was a lovely Joan Rivers for people who have strong opinions about Sex and The City character arcs. Let them have their champion I guess

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

She was on Seinfeld.

She wasn't funny on it I just thought I'd mention that.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Mooey Cow posted:

Do you ever wake up in the morning thinking, None of Mrs. Kathy Griffin’s deep insights has any more depth than a flapjack? Well, so do I. Before I get to the main points of this letter, let me issue a couple of disclaimers. First, I doubtlessly dislike Mrs. Griffin. Mrs. Griffin is a backwards bandit who wants only to insist that our society be infested with interpretivism, desperadoism, anti-intellectualism, and an impressive swarm of other isms. Second, Mrs. Griffin inarguably dislikes me. I don’t know why. Perhaps it’s because I’ve said in the past that she isn’t interested in debates or open forums. She just wants to shut up dissenters. That’s why Mrs. Griffin insists that people find her unrelenting, over-the-top hostility rather refreshing. In the long run, however, she’s only fooling herself. Mrs. Griffin would be better off if she just admitted to herself that a person who wants to get ahead should try to understand the long-range consequences of his/her actions. Mrs. Griffin has never had that faculty. She always does what she wants to do at the moment and figures she’ll be able to lie herself out of any problems that arise. There’s only one proper consideration here: the harm that’ll truly be caused if Mrs. Griffin is allowed to cure the evil of discrimination with more discrimination. All else is abstract, rude, intellectual hooey. As I have said many times in the past, it has been said that I am fully in accord with those who say that I don’t need to be particularly delicate here. I believe that to be true. I also believe that Mrs. Griffin’s thesis is that particularism is indispensable for the formation of citizens and for the preservation of our free institutions. While that happens to be pure fantasy from the world of make-believe, one important fact to consider is that it is as obvious as the nose on your face that she should educate herself on the problems caused by nativism. I fail to grasp why Mrs. Griffin has so much difficulty understanding that. Perhaps it’s because her coalition of contumelious, mealymouthed blabbermouths and illaudable, rabid sophisters has its own, execrable slogan. That slogan is, Treat people’s bona fide personal devastation as bathos. What this slogan lacks in wit, it makes up for in its ability to promote promiscuity and obscene language.

Never forget: Mrs. Kathy Griffin is the enemy. Her vassals are the enemy. Her gang is the enemy. Lily-livered, nocent personæ non gratæ are the enemy. Write all that on a blackboard 100 times so you’ll always remember that some amount of criticism is acceptable, even helpful. But when that criticism takes the form of singling out just one person unfairly, bitterly, and relentlessly over and over, that’s just plain wrong, and we all know it. Well, Mrs. Griffin obviously doesn’t know it, as evidenced by the fact that her current aspiration is to preach fear and ignorance. I’d call that the most muddleheaded idea in Mrs. Griffin’s long history of muddleheaded ideas. It’s the sort of idea that draws attention to how she has recently brought a large number of computer hackers into her plunderbund. I contend that Mrs. Griffin’s goal is to engineer cyber-warfare breaches aimed at attacking her condemners and anyone else who alleges that she has been telling everyone that it’s larcenous to focus on concrete facts, on hard news, on analyzing and interpreting what’s happening in the world. Even if this were so, Mrs. Griffin would still be drug-addled.

To restate the obvious: Mrs. Griffin managed to convince a bunch of apolaustic crackpots to help her promote the sort of behavior that would have made the folks in Sodom and Gomorrah blush. What was the quid pro quo there? I say, let the debate begin! I’m sure we’ll find that one side avers that Mrs. Griffin’s popularity is overrated while the other side believes that Mrs. Griffin’s bred-in-the-bone belief is that she’s the foremost truth-teller of our time. I don’t expect ever to convince her otherwise, but I do wish Mrs. Griffin would simply admit that she says she’ll set the wolf to mind the sheep if anyone dare threaten the existence of her club. What’s scary is that threaten can be defined in an almost unlimited number of ways. For instance, Mrs. Griffin might consider it threatening if one were to claim that she believes that it is everyone’s obligation to take a condescending cheap shot at a person whom most oppressive faitours will never be in a position to condescend to. That view is anathema to the cause of liberty. If it is not loudly refuted our future will be dire indeed. Allow me to close by stating that Mrs. Kathy Griffin is offended by anything that might suggest that she consistently engages in bullying, demagogic language freighted with malice—and menace.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Once or twice yeah which is more than can be said for you OP

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
To some people, probably. I mean, I don't like her, but I don't start a thread about it. I don't need to find others to agree with me about it.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

To some people, probably. I mean, I don't like her, but I don't start a thread about it. I don't need to find others to agree with me about it.

I agree with you though.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

she hosed me with her enormous clit and well, I got a kick out of it

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I thought she was on NewsRadio. If she had been the answer would of been yes.

Turns out I was mistaking her with Vicki Lewis somehow thou, so I dunno.

In short people should rewatch Newsradio.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

great big cardboard tube posted:

She was on Seinfeld.

On that show, she played a mediocre comedian who becomes inexplicably famous.

Life imitates art

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I like her and so do my close personal friends Danny brown and asap. She’s cool

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

No but I think she fit a comedy trope well enough to get cast in a lot of stuff.

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004
Who?

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I like Kathy Griffin and I actually do think she’s funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

great big cardboard tube posted:

She was on Seinfeld.

That's nothing, she was on Suddenly Susan.