Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

deep dish peat moss posted:

Liking Cyberpunk 2077.

I don't judge anyone for their taste in video games or media of any kind - unless they like Cyberpunk 2077, which is unequivocally the worst, most dire big-budget AAA media ever created.

To like Cyberpunk 2077 you have to be really in to the concepts of mediocrity and settling. Like, you have to almost fetishize finding the good in utter rubbish and claiming it for yourself because you know there will be no competition for its love.

i have a buddy who was ultra mega hype for this game and thru all the disappointment that followed still refused to face the music and while he doesn't defend the game, he still claims it's a top game for him and he thought the experience was amazing

paging saalkin to the thread incidedntally lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i have a buddy who was ultra mega hype for this game and thru all the disappointment that followed still refused to face the music and while he doesn't defend the game, he still claims it's a top game for him and he thought the experience was amazing

paging saalkin to the thread incidedntally lmfao

Same, I have a friend who even bought the Xbox One X LE "Cyberpunk 2077" console JUST to display it in a case... before the game even came out. He always buys really heavily into media hype and I've tried to convince him to not do that many times, and he has a closet full of release "limited edition"" box sets for games and movies that don't actually have much value. Anyway, 2077 came out and he played it for a little bit, said "it's not as bad as everyone says", and then never really mentioned it again after a few weeks.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It feels like Cyberpunk is almost exclusively about a nasty creep rockstar who radiates intense abusive boyfriend vibes, which is a shame because I'm really not interested in spending time with Johnny

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I guess I should have said I judge people who think it's great because if you want to just like, walk around and look at a lifeless futuristic city with very good graphics, it's pretty good for that. So if someone's lukewarm about it but had fun playing it that's cool. But I will absolutely judge anyone who defends it or tries to tell me it's great or a hidden gem or whatever, harder than I would judge someone for the same thing with almost any other game :colbert:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Leaving broken glass all over the back trails in the park. And I'm not talking about some beer bottles next to a secret teenage hangout spot, I mean whoever has made a habit of carrying various jars and bottles back into the woods in my local park and smashing them to pieces.

I mean, I get it. It's most likely just a kid letting out some anger in secret. And I totally sympathize with that. But do it in a way that won't hurt anyone else, okay? Repeatedly leaving near-invisible razor-sharp edges lying all over, directly on what used to be a nice barefoot trail, is a pretty serious dick move.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cyberpunk 2077 owns

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It has major shortcomings and the launch was a disaster (still played through the whole thing at launch) but the good things about it are very good and make up for the bad RPGs systems and gameplay that is ok at best.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cyberpunk 2077 is a visual treat, a tremendous investment in art styles that we don't often get in art and at an insane enough investment level to create a nabigable and interactive experience. The actual game is hilariously easy and the only possible way to fail to break the game is to not only go all in on crafting but then refuse to invest points anywhere else even once you get more points because everything else has some degenerate difficulty exploding feature to it. There is maybe one side quest chain worth even reading dialog for, a single mission that feels it plays on your expectations, and the main story wants you to love it so badly it tries to force you to.

In summary, the best real-time game in the Deus Ex franchise, 3/5 stars.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Sep 19, 2022

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Cyberpunk 2077 is an engaging experience unlike anything else. The open world mechanics are top notch and there is almost always something to do on the map. Furthermore, we have a large number of different game paths to choose from, all of which give you a very own experience of the story. Combined with the hundreds of weapons, augmentations, upgrades and side missions, there is plenty of material that will last over a long period of time. Cyberpunk 2077 will definitely be remembered as one of the most significant titles in the history of gaming media.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Solkanar512 posted:

Planting arborvitae or anything else from a big box store for the purpose of “curb appeal”. gently caress you, your house is a place people live, not some investment commodity. Stop buying literally the most generic plants you can find at the grocery store and find yourself a seed catalog.

You need privacy but don’t want a fence? Install some trellises and plant any number of climbing roses or honeysuckle or lilacs or whatever is appropriate and non-invasive for your area. Plant some real loving trees. We know you aren’t going to properly trim that plant fence and it’s just going to get huge and ugly and generic as all gently caress. And stop watering your loving lawn. The clover and moss isn’t going to hurt anyone.

Also, is your idea of making a turn is to come to a dead stop in the middle of the road, put your signal on, and then start making the turn into the grocery store? gently caress you.

Thank you.

The house I rent has lots of these generic shrubs at the front and sides. They had some landscapers come through just before we moved in, and some of the things have straight up died because they were planted in a drought and not the right choice for the soil and conditions. I’ve been busy planting actual good interesting things around their lovely trendy shrubs.
I’m kind of glad they left the lawn quite plain though, more space to put veggie beds in for me.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
being a flake. not calling back or texting back or forgetting stuff that causes them to not handle their small, personal interactions. i'm not sure if this counts but i know people who are very forgiving of that kind of thing and i absolutely cannot stand it, even if it's not happening to me or it happens to me but didn't inconvenience me. i will have to make a conscious effort to not think of them as an entitled loser.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Powered Descent posted:

When people use the word "anymore" in a sentence that does not contain a negation.

"This show isn't very good anymore" <-- Perfectly fine.
"This show is terrible anymore" <-- Wrong and bad

You don't even need an absolute "not"; a partial negation like a "rarely" or a "hardly ever" is enough. But people using "anymore" in a way that doesn't relate to what isn't happening any longer is infuriating somehow.

Reminds me people of saying "bias" when they mean "biased" e.g. "you're bias". What the heck.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

The Moon Monster posted:

Reminds me people of saying "bias" when they mean "biased" e.g. "you're bias". What the heck.
There is a use case for this though,
Fake quotes; "Trump say's, "CNN is showing it's bias""
Fictional newspaper is showcasing it's penchant bias against group x yet again

I think that is where they are getting confused.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

I don't think the person you're replying to was suggesting that "bias" itself isn't a word.

Also, watch those apostrophes, cowboy.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

You're actually making the same mistake

"CNN is showing its bias" or "CNN is showing it's biased" work (although the second is pretty awkward),
"CNN is showing it's bias" doesn't.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Guy just leaving his busted window and glass on the loving sidewalk.

Yes it sucks your car got broken into, but you left window parts that haven't disintegrated, and all the associated glass bits, all over the loving sidewalk. And on someone else's tree lawn.

I deal with enough broken loving glass on these sidewalks walking my dogs, don't need this obvious loving bullshit, too.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Nah, it's the cities job to clean that poo poo up, you're a douche bag and I'm judging you

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I really liked Cyberpunk but it did sort of feel too easy near to the end.

The coolest thing though was the city design. There was real work and artistic talent put into it.

The shame is that you've got flying hover cars all about, but you don't get to use them.

And it's not like they just didn't make the tops of buildings and stuff to save time, it's all there and appears to be done well. People put work into it.

And no public transit where you can just chill and take in the views.

I'm guessing they wanted both but it was just too time crunched to get it out the door.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Doctor Butts posted:

Guy just leaving his busted window and glass on the loving sidewalk.

Yes it sucks your car got broken into, but you left window parts that haven't disintegrated, and all the associated glass bits, all over the loving sidewalk. And on someone else's tree lawn.

I deal with enough broken loving glass on these sidewalks walking my dogs, don't need this obvious loving bullshit, too.

Do you also get angry and honk at an accident that's temporarily blocking your way?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Do you also get angry and honk at an accident that's temporarily blocking your way?

Only if the accident has been there for four days.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Hell yeah. gently caress those people.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

People who fly up to stops signs and give no indication they are actually going to stop until they slam on their brakes at the last second. They shouldn't even have a drivers license

People who don't let someone turning right in when a long, stopped line of traffic starts moving.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

When I'm in stop-start traffic and I see people zooming by on the shoulder.

It's not that other people are passing me that bugs me anymore, , but the highways here are major retail corridors and I'm frankly amazed I've never seen a major accident from some chucklefuck in a 7-series doing 60 in a marked shoulder slamming into some poor minivan just trying to safely exit out of Ikea

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Snow Cone Capone posted:

When I'm in stop-start traffic and I see people zooming by on the shoulder.

Watching those people getting pulled over is an amazing feeling.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

People who fly up to stops signs and give no indication they are actually going to stop until they slam on their brakes at the last second. They shouldn't even have a drivers license

People who don't let someone turning right in when a long, stopped line of traffic starts moving.

People who assume you're going to run a stop sign/red light and then get mad when you don't.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I had somebody cut me off while we were getting on the freeway entrance a few months ago, and in an extremely rare incident of a cop doing something that doesn't involve killing people (as far as I know anyway), he flew by me and pulled over the jerk who cut me off.

I feasted on the tears I imagined were falling in that rear end in a top hat's car.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

a mysterious cloak posted:

I had somebody cut me off while we were getting on the freeway entrance a few months ago, and in an extremely rare incident of a cop doing something that doesn't involve killing people (as far as I know anyway), he flew by me and pulled over the jerk who cut me off.

I feasted on the tears I imagined were falling in that rear end in a top hat's car.

I'm not sure if this is what you mean but when I'm the first of 2 cars merging onto the highway and the car behind me merges first, then speeds up so I can't merge until he's past me, I'm judging the poo poo out of that rear end in a top hat

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Any time I came close to doing that as the second car, the car in front of me was going all of 45, not even close to highway speeds.

But usually I check my mirrors and if it's clear go quickly in the right lane so the driver in front knows it's safe to merge.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
People who move so slowly on the onramp that I have to zip around them. Beep beep, grandpa.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

The Moon Monster posted:

People who assume you're going to run a stop sign/red light and then get mad when you don't.

Alternatively: "hmmm a green light, better slow down in case it changes to red. Wow! It did turn to red! Good thing I was driving ten miles an hour towards it!"

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Doctor Butts posted:

Any time I came close to doing that as the second car, the car in front of me was going all of 45, not even close to highway speeds.

But usually I check my mirrors and if it's clear go quickly in the right lane so the driver in front knows it's safe to merge.

This is a fair exception tbh, most of the onramps around here also have offramps immediately afterwards so someone really crawling on the merge can be super dangerous as they're interfering with all 3 groups, people merging in, people getting off and people just passing by the merges in the right lane

I'm talking about the guy that doesn't even wait til after the onramp gore point before he's already in the highway lane

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Being religious.

I have religious friends and family, all good people but the older I get the more I just can’t understand how anyone can believe in anything supernatural at all.

Maybe I need to retire.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

People trying to be "nice" while driving, by not taking the right-of-way that's theirs. You encounter these people particularly often when on a bike.

I have a stop sign, you don't. I can make my turn as soon as you've gone past on the cross street. Why are you rolling to a stop and waving me out? All I know is you're now behaving unpredictably and making up your own rules of the road, which does not inspire me to leap out in front of you. Now we're both stopped here wondering what the hell. If you had just gone through when you were supposed to, we both would have been on our way by now.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Powered Descent posted:

People trying to be "nice" while driving, by not taking the right-of-way that's theirs. You encounter these people particularly often when on a bike.

I have a stop sign, you don't. I can make my turn as soon as you've gone past on the cross street. Why are you rolling to a stop and waving me out? All I know is you're now behaving unpredictably and making up your own rules of the road, which does not inspire me to leap out in front of you. Now we're both stopped here wondering what the hell. If you had just gone through when you were supposed to, we both would have been on our way by now.

Yeah!

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
If you drink diet caffeine free soda you're a freak.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Full Metal Jackass posted:

drat right I am

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Just drink sparkling flavored water. It's cheap and tastes better!!

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I'm not sure if this is what you mean but when I'm the first of 2 cars merging onto the highway and the car behind me merges first, then speeds up so I can't merge until he's past me, I'm judging the poo poo out of that rear end in a top hat

Yeah that's bullshit too. My situation was the guy was on my right, and stomped the gas to cut over in front of me to get on the freeway entrance. Instead of dropping back a car length like a person with a functional brain.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
the ol' jersey slide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

covering windows with blankets

indoor spray paint