Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Adults who cant drink water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Children who cant drink wine

You know where your parents keep it and you can figure out how to use a corkscrew, don’t be a wimp, your pen-pal Jacques drinks wine

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Peoples whos entire life revolves around teenage children playing a game.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Dangling a lit cigarette out your window as you drive, then flicking it into the road.

Thankfully I don't see this very often anymore.

Leaving your trash in a wildlife preserve. Usually a couple beer cans and cigarettes mixed in. gently caress you.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
As an ex cig smoker i'm glad smoking has become less prevalent. Not as much atmospheric pressure to make me want one or miss it.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Powered Descent posted:

People trying to be "nice" while driving, by not taking the right-of-way that's theirs. You encounter these people particularly often when on a bike.

I have a stop sign, you don't. I can make my turn as soon as you've gone past on the cross street. Why are you rolling to a stop and waving me out? All I know is you're now behaving unpredictably and making up your own rules of the road, which does not inspire me to leap out in front of you. Now we're both stopped here wondering what the hell. If you had just gone through when you were supposed to, we both would have been on our way by now.

Just put your foot down on the road, don't trackstand, making it clear as day that you are stopped and waiting for your turn and point at the stop sign while they keep waving you on, and then eventually give you the finger and yell something not intelligible inside their car and zoom off angrily.

Like sorry to frustrate you trying to be nice, but safety and predictability are kinda important.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Same loving poo poo as multilane signal controlled crosswalks when in ped mode where someone stops on the green.

The person in the other lane has no loving clue that the kid is now going to cross against the light since you are waving them across to be "nice".

I've literally had to grab people and stop them from getting murked.

They get pissed of course and it takes a second to process what was about to happen when the second lane zooms by they were going to stroll into, because someone was being "nice" and they couldn't see it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Generally people who are scared of spiders are weird and annoying. Not because of their fear of spiders though. Like, spiders don't bug me at all, in fact I like them, but I have stupid irrational animal fears too. Rats and snakes creep me out because they always come out of nowhere and startle me or whatever, so I get being afraid of some animal for no reason. But spider people seem to think their arachnophobia is like, cute/noteworthy/a meme or something. Just insanely dramatic about it. You even can't look at a fake spider in a movie or a video game? Give me break. Even irl, I can see getting startled or bothered by one, but not in the way people act about it. It's so loving corny.

I wouldn't judge someone from jumping away from one or getting freaked out. It's just the "kill it with fire" "does it have spiders in it? Spiders trigger me" people. You sound like a baby.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

veni veni veni posted:

Generally people who are scared of spiders are weird and annoying.

People being shitscared of spiders in a country where the biggest spider is the size of your thumbnail and, at most, can cause mosquito-level itching if it bites you are as worthy of scorn as someone with a phobia of spoons.

Being scared of spiders in a country where the fuckers will literally chase you and can bite through your shoe or are simply loving huge is more understandable and those people have my sympathy.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Megillah Gorilla posted:

People being shitscared of spiders in a country where the biggest spider is the size of your thumbnail and, at most, can cause mosquito-level itching if it bites you are as worthy of scorn as someone with a phobia of spoons.

Being scared of spiders in a country where the fuckers will literally chase you and can bite through your shoe or are simply loving huge is more understandable and those people have my sympathy.

Ever hear of a black widow? No it’s not just the name of your waifu, it’s a real spider that’ll KILL you if it wants. Yeah. Not so silly, huh?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Brown recluses are small, boring-looking and can cause the flesh to literally rot off the bone in the area where it bites you

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So, not mosquito-level itching, then?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

"only tiny spiders, but also only non-dangerous spiders" seems like an extremely narrow pair of specifications taken together tbh

they're pretty drat small though!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
that spider is no match for my katana

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

veni veni veni posted:

Generally people who are scared of spiders are weird and annoying. Not because of their fear of spiders though. Like, spiders don't bug me at all, in fact I like them, but I have stupid irrational animal fears too. Rats and snakes creep me out because they always come out of nowhere and startle me or whatever, so I get being afraid of some animal for no reason. But spider people seem to think their arachnophobia is like, cute/noteworthy/a meme or something. Just insanely dramatic about it. You even can't look at a fake spider in a movie or a video game? Give me break. Even irl, I can see getting startled or bothered by one, but not in the way people act about it. It's so loving corny.

I wouldn't judge someone from jumping away from one or getting freaked out. It's just the "kill it with fire" "does it have spiders in it? Spiders trigger me" people. You sound like a baby.

I had an ex girlfriend like this. Just absolutely flip out and make a scene in the presence of a spider no matter how itsy bitsy. She would walk in the street and risk getting hit by a car rather than walk on the sidewalk under low hanging tree branches that might have webs in them. And forget about camping or walks in the woods, she would be so jumpy and constantly brushing imaginary spiders off, always thinking they were dangling over her head. And yeah, couldn’t look at an image of anything spider like. It was embarrassing.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
it probably all goes back to that time we went to the circus and a spider killed my dad

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Megillah Gorilla posted:

as worthy of scorn as someone with a phobia of spoons.

Why would you scorn someone for having a phobia of spoons?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

kntfkr posted:

it probably all goes back to that time we went to the circus and a spider killed my dad

:deep-thoughts:

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
putting the dollar sign after the number

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you're afraid of spiderwebs underneath low hanging branches just raise your arm at precisely 45* angle and wave it around for the duration of the travel

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Riptor posted:

you don't say "i'll give you dollars twenty-five for that" do you? it's obvious

Gnarly Sheen
Jun 25, 2015

I'm ITT
Killing people. Like what the gently caress, dude?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

you don't say "i'll give you dollars twenty-five for that" do you? it's obvious

this is an absolute nightmare when your job is to program boring websites for boring Technical Firms with Currency Transactions

same issue with human names

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Analytic Engine posted:

this is an absolute nightmare when your job is to program boring websites for boring Technical Firms with Currency Transactions

same issue with human names

my exwife wanted my last name desperately because hers was too long for many online form entry fields lmao

18 letters btw (and that was after she converted them to latin script to be friendly to the database)

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
My cousin switched hers twice because both her families were seriously hosed up and hurt her and the kid.

It's such a huge PITA to switch names and update all your stuff.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Brown recluses are small, boring-looking and can cause the flesh to literally rot off the bone in the area where it bites you

I had a friend who got bit by one of those and even after going immediately to the hospital he showed me his leg where he got bit the next day and it was a huge like 2 foot long black and green necrotized bruise and ever since then I will like, kick outdoor chairs before sitting on them and stuff to see if any spiders scurry out. I don't get people screaming and running when they see spiders though, that's a weird overly dramatic reaction to have to any phobia and I agree with whoever brought this up that it seems more common with spiderpeople than other phobias

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Riptor posted:

Putting the percent sign before the number

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shithouse Dave posted:

Putting the percent sign before the number

What sort of monster does that

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Elentor posted:

What sort of monster does that

%6.9 of people, reckon.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Got the math a bit more accurate, the reality is %6.9420 of people place the "%" sign before the digits.

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh
People who are too bone-idle to capitalise sentences properly. Autocorrect will even do it for you, if you're not sure what goes where!

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Frazzbo posted:

People who are too bone-idle to capitalise sentences properly. Autocorrect will even do it for you, if you're not sure what goes where!

what if ur non capitalisation is a deliberate stylistic choice for shitposting

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

Shithouse Dave posted:

what if ur non capitalisation is a deliberate stylistic choice for shitposting

Then it's a poo poo choice and I will definitely exercise my right to judge you :colbert:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

right back at ya buddy

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
People proud of non-achievements.

"I dont eat popular fast food"
"Ive never seen an XX movie"

Congrats on literally nothing I suppose. I've never seen one of the Fast & Furious movies, big fucken deal.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I've never seen a star wars or marvel movie

ama

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Extra row of tits posted:

Congrats on literally nothing I suppose. I've never seen one of the Fast & Furious movies, big fucken deal.

"I don't even own a TV"

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Solkanar512 posted:

"I don't even own a TV"

*watches 80 hours of streaming on his laptop

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
It's me. I'm the guy who hasn't seen every movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Extra row of tits posted:

but also people who say this whenever someone mentions not liking a popular thing. Like if they ask me what my favorite tv show is and I say I don't watch TV, and then they go all "well la-dee-dah mister has no TV, big-shot no-tv watching jabroni, you're sooooooo cooooool" then they're actually worse than the people who brag about not watching TV