Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Calico Heart posted:

Hey all, Infranaut of Youtube here. Please watch and enjoy my new video "Scrooge was the GOOD guy!" As it turns out, many modern pundits and conservatives love Scrooge, for some reason. This vid goes into the many flaws of these readings and the general worldview. I think it's a fun watch, and it even features a few special guest appearances! If you enjoy it please feel free to leave a like/comment/sub as it pleases the algorithm beast.

I had to read a lot of loving horrible op-eds for this.

This was very good, and I appreciated your discussion of Liz Truss. It was a unique take that actually was revealing about her character (as well as other people).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Panzeh posted:

Honestly i think the most compelling aspect is less the drama and just the commentary on how much youtube material is just pig slop, like, reaction videos, or reactions to reaction videos, even when it's not outright plagiarism. Reading off a news article for five minutes, gotta keep that video coming out every day for the youtube bucks.

Part of me also feels like it highlights the dangerous parasocial relationships people form with these content creators. It’s not a YouTube Channel, it’s my friend who I know and we share something in common! And if Hbomberguy and me meet in real life, we would be best buddies and get on perfectly even though I know something about him and he knows nothing about me!

People do defend these people even when their laziness is brought forward because of that. They’ll stand by them. It probably was a mistake. Or something that happened one time! Or it wasn’t plagiarism, it was just a misunderstanding! And it’s hard!

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Panzeh posted:

Yeah, it's caused a lot of misconceptions and as more people's knowledge base is internet content and internet content has branched out from reviewing pop culture to actual important things, this misinformation is going to be much, much worse. Pop culture talk is really easy because it's made for consumption and a lot of creators get started on that, since it's one of the most universal things left but there's a lot of history youtube content that's just.. uh, when they're not plagiarizing, they're just making poo poo up from what they heard somewhere, or from what they saw in a video game.

Wait, video games aren’t a trusted source? So Hitler didn’t actually have a mecha suit with 4 chain guns attached? No wonder why I failed history!