Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Here are some of my favorites.

BigJoel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEMqTPUWXqw

Thoughtful and thorough critiques of many topics from long-forgotten Dreamworks movies of the mid-2000s to insane PragerU propaganda videos. Pretty well-known to breadtube and the rare pro-follow on twitter.

Primm's Hood Cinema
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pegGdvIZMGE

Dude reviews and roasts classic hood films from the 90s and 2000s. One of the funniest channels on youtube.

Be Kind Rewind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECRxGKiESMQ

Informative analysis on the leading actresses from Hollywood's Golden Age and beyond.

exquisite tea fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jul 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I think the most salient point hbomberguy makes is that plagiarists don’t steal because they respect you, they steal because they think you’re beneath them. For this reason it’s rare to see anybody come to the defense of plagiarists.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Coaaab posted:

what i'm really interested in is how this video gets the ball rolling for the next few months or so and what more poo poo gets dredged up & spotlighted. as hbomb hints at the end, this is probably not a case of bad apples and is likely systemic across many forms of media, especially with the kind of money behind it

On Todd's parallel takedown video he listed quotes from Somberton's editor that basically amounted to "yeah I just go by vibes and don't bother to fact check because I have to put out new videos so quickly." So he just came right out and said as much.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I don't like 7 hour Dark Souls reviews but in this case the length was justified to reveal the sheer depth and ubiquity of Somerton's charlatanism.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Cynically and relentlessly stealing from the works of lesser known authors of marginalized identities to spread misinformation while personally enriching yourself is exactly the kind of thing you should reserve your moral googly eyes outrage for instead of like, having the wrong opinion about Dark Souls.