Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The Tallarico one is a bit hard to watch because yeah we’ve all known people like that and they’re exhausting because that’s their entire MO. Every waking moment they’re selling something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I think it works because it properly conveys the emotion of "Jesus loving Christ it's even worse than that", allowing the viewer to experience the same feeling as someone who would have pieced it together themselves. Because you SHOULD be shocked and appalled that the guy did something so blatant and is only just now being caught for it.

Like you could probably make a more understated approach work but I appreciate it as comic timing. You KNOW worse is coming and he telegraphs it but even then it still hits because there's just so much there. For once the story is good enough that you can build it up.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

mycot posted:

I think a large point of the video is that the plagiarism isn't just bad from the angle of stealing work/money, but how it was used to spread misinformation by creating an undeserved reputation as a research expert (especially Somerton). And yeah it doesn't matter as much when it's over poo poo like Marvel Comics or Stan Lee but because Somerton's entire shtick was being the queer history guy it's actually outright harmful to spread narratives like lesbians historically getting away with everything scot free and gay men are the only ones who suffered from homophobia, or that gay marriage activists were all rich white elite who could be respectable to straight people.

Not to mention the whole "The Nazis were really gay" bit.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
How the gently caress is the apology video 34 minutes long

I know this resulted from a four-hour exposé but really how

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Steve Yun posted:

Welp looks like he took down his apology

lol