Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cake bunny
Oct 29, 2011

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Still don’t know who this completionist guy is

Some video game YouTuber who used his clout to run "charity benefits" that have turned out to never pay out to what he said they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb0dMF1zHyA

If you still care after that, there's more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ6tYkStri4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cake bunny
Oct 29, 2011

Finished the Hbomberguy video on Somerton, then watched the Todd in the Shadows one as well.

It's funny, I always thought Somerton was a smug prick who wasn't as smart as he thought he was since I'd clock blatant incorrect info in videos of his sometimes, and I never really bought his attempts to say he didn't have a problem with women or trans folks, but I guess I always chalked it up to him being kind of up his own rear end. I didn't watch his stuff very often or very critically because he didn't really put his sources out there and I can only stomach so much smugness and/or thinly veiled catty misogyny/bi erasure/trans erasure in a video about stuff like vampires or a goddamn ice skating anime, so I didn't give his work too much weight, but I was still taken kind of by surprise at the sheer loving scale of it all. Like, drat, the audacity is really impressive. I feel really bad for the queer writers he stole so much from and all of the people who were giving him cash thinking they were supporting important queer media creation.

cake bunny fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Dec 4, 2023