Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Seconded. It's really incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Super good and I've never played WoW.

That being said, it's his most academic work to date. It's more research paper than essay and more of both than video.

Dan used to be an SA poster? I'm a big appreciator of his work. He's one of those "so talented it's kind of infuriating sometimes" peeps.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I wonder how many famous Youtubers I was a jerk to.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

DCU fandom is weird.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

algebra testes posted:

Shout outs to Every Frame A Painting still being really good.
I sincerely hope he only stopped making it because he moved on to bigger and better things, because he might've been the best out there.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Dan Olson is one of those people who I frequently sit in awe of some of his writing. It's not every video, but there are lines from a few of them that capture the perfect balance of complexity and succinctness

I also found it funny that in one of his recent videos where he challenged himself to write a bullshit book for almost no pay, he made such a point of having to adapt to a different voice but ultimately his work still sounded unmistakably like him. Which I love, so...
Awe is right. He's the reigning champion. Every video makes me never want to make another of my own because he's Jordan and I'm... well, still me, but basketball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

UnknownMercenary posted:

I don't watch that much video essay style content any more but one I've been kind of getting into recently is FD Signifier who does black media analysis and often collaborates with other black and minority creators.
I love FD Signifier!

I just discovered him last April when he and T1J switched places for an April Fool's gag about how much people confuse them with each other even though they don't really look alike. It was really drat fun and clever even though it kinda' sucked for people with prosopagnosia, but it's not like black people shouldn't get to talk about a problem that affects their everyday life to such an extent just because we exist. I digress.

He's got a really compelling writer's voice and his recent video on the first Black Panther kicked rear end.