Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
UFC champions after tonight?
This poll is closed.
Adesanya/Volkanovski 10 52.63%
Adesanya/Holloway 5 26.32%
Cannonier/Volkanovski 1 5.26%
Cannonier/Holloway 3 15.79%
Total: 19 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

NOPE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jesus Christ I read the OP description about him saying QAnon poo poo in his social media but I didn't realize it was quite THIS bad :cripes:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

BlindSite posted:

Apparently chandler and Porier almost got into a brawl in the crowd tonight.

https://twitter.com/shaunalshatti/status/1543417054119702528?s=21&t=Ey7zPmua4AC6-Y7xjdfdzw

I'll be in the minority but neither the co-main or main event was entertaining to me. Was fairly bored watching them. Volk and Izzy clearly did what they needed to do but yawn

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Jesus Christ I read the OP description about him saying QAnon poo poo in his social media but I didn't realize it was quite THIS bad :cripes:

Oh, yeah, I wasn't exaggerating, dude's the worst and it's why when he started getting to title contention his management went "okay, stop" and he stopped tweeting or instagramming anything but the most generic stuff possible.

Digital Jedi posted:

I'll be in the minority but neither the co-main or main event was entertaining to me. Was fairly bored watching them. Volk and Izzy clearly did what they needed to do but yawn

Different strokes. I really enjoy watching a fighter just put a complete clinic on another, especially at this level where it happens so rarely, but it's still one-sided as poo poo so I can get it.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Digital Jedi posted:

main i’ll give you but the volk/max was great to me, not sure how you could hate it. good story, good fighting, good amount of blood

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Max/Volk wasn't boring but I definitely felt a lot of the fight feeling sad.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lol volk says in the post fight his left hand is broken

crepeface fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jul 3, 2022

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Hit Man posted:

Nah he was still good. But not when they match him with bags of poo poo like Goldberg...

undertaker wrestled approximately one watchable match over his last 7 years and it was a pre-filmed cinematic match in a graveyard. he was so physically ruined for that goldberg match, he nearly crippled himself on a Jackhammer because he couldn't get enough jump to help (the equally old and feeble and ruined) Goldberg lift him up. the man stinks and he been stinking for a while

i wish izzy had used the UT entrance on someone actually cool but i guess you don't want to do that walkout with an actual chance of getting starched, so popping it on Cannonier makes the utmost sense

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Aye Doc posted:

i wish izzy had used the UT entrance on someone actually cool but i guess you don't want to do that walkout with an actual chance of getting starched, so popping it on Cannonier makes the utmost sense
i haven’t figured out if all these things are true izzy or if it’s to get in their heads or both, but i loved it. too bad the fight itself was underwhelming.

jessica-rose clark’s choice of song was funny because it’s ariel trying to gently caress with dana, but it backfired and she became the arm break kid.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I quite enjoyed the comain and main myself. Good tsftical battles, I'm.surprosed at the lukewarm reception on here tbh

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The comain was fantastic from the stand point of watching a truly great fighter dismantle another truly great fighter and not even break a sweat to do it. Just an outstanding display of the sport.

The main was just boring to me. Israel is playing is quite safe these days and I get it but I'd still like to see him lead a little when he's just so far ahead in his striking acumen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Volk is really quite good, would not be surprised to see him overtake Usman's PFP #1 slot.

I enjoy watching him do his thing, but I kinda wish they had stopped that fight. not that Max wasn't dangerous, and I get why they don't, but that was the skill equivalent of the thing they say about boxing gloves versus MMA gloves and how boxing can be worse since it's just a poo poo load of punches that don't quite knock you out. almost think it would have been better for Max if he was able to get out of there. he's taken so much damage in his career now. hope he has enough money and sense to quit soon, even if he is still a fun fighter and better than most.